Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Revelation78

macrumors 68000
Dec 18, 2008
North Carolina
Unless you actually work for AT&T, you cannot not say how the 30 dollar a month fee was determined.

LOL! That's the only intelligent thing you have said in this entire thread. It's actually rather simple, really. Dumb phones do not have data plans, yet are subsidized. Smart phones don't "have to" have a data plan, yet are still subsidized. It's hard to have an iPhone without one - AT&T is pesky there, but it is possible.

I can switch to any phone with AT&T and cancel my data plan, if I don't incurr additional charges for canceling my data plan, it's obviously not factored into the subsidy equation.

And, as matter of fact I have worked for AT&T in the past. Thanks!

They do not just 'protect' you. On top of the money they protected you, they charge you a 'fee.'

My bank only charges a *FEE* when my savings doesn't have enough to cover my expenses. As long as I maintain more than enough money in my savings, it will cover any overdrafts from my checking account without penalty.

Maybe your bank charges a fee, well then you should find a different bank. That's still not illegal, because it's always part of the terms of service.

schwell

macrumors regular
Jun 21, 2009
Even though the iPad is unlocked, it doesn't use a standard sim card. It uses a micro sim that I believe is only offered by AT&T right now in the US. So technically we are still stuck with AT&T. I'm not complaining because I don't have any problems whatsoever but I know a lot of people weren't happy with that.

You are not stuck with AT&T for iPAD. Buy the wireless only version. Get Verizon MiFi hotspot service.

jav6454

macrumors Core
Nov 14, 2007
1 Geostationary Tower Plaza
You are not stuck with AT&T for iPAD. Buy the wireless only version. Get Verizon MiFi hotspot service.

More Verizon fanboy tears!

Attachments

• tears.PNG
    tears.PNG
    50.6 KB · Views: 44
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.