Stuck in processing limbo? Sulk here.

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by wesk702, Apr 22, 2015.

1. wesk702 macrumors 68000

wesk702

Please, no success stories here. Only posts about how you're stuck in processing so at least I know others share my pain.

*Extra credit if you don't have any pending charges.

**Bonus points if you can't get the UPS tracking to work either.

***Legend status, if your wife's watch is coming before yours and you ordered yours first:(

2. Mintimperial macrumors regular

Ordered 42mm Space Grey Sport.

Confirmation email at 8:04:08.

Paid using apple gift card i had loaded £339 onto to save time.

No charge to the gift card.

Order still processing.

Pissed off.

3. Dwalls90 macrumors 601

Dwalls90

They did provide a range of shipping dates: 4/24-5/8. It's not 4/24, so it could still ship on that date and arrive a few days after. Note that it doesn't say "arriving on 4/24-5/8", but shipping between those dates.

For them to miss their mark, it would have to ship after 5/8, meaning you will receive it probably 5/10-5/11.

All of this assuming you're in the first shipping window. I'm in the second one so it looks like the latest I should receive mine is 5/29-5/30.

4. SayenCroWolf macrumors member

42mm space grey, confirmation at 304am. No pending charges, stuck in processing status. I have a friend who ordered his an hour after mine, same model, and his is moving through the system like magic. Mine on the other hand...

(insert sad trombone here)

5. paapplefan macrumors newbie

stuck too - same 42 Sport Grey, in the "first" shipping group. What's the drop dead time for seeing "preparing for shipping", to get the watch Friday? Would have to be today right?

6. SR71 macrumors 68000

38mm and 42mm Space Gray Sport, 3:03am confirmation, shipping to the Boston area, stuck in processing with no pending charges at all. If I don't get it on Friday I'm going to be pissed, I didn't wake up at 3am to get it after launch day.

7. wahoo10 macrumors 6502

42mm Sport - Pink Sport Band
    Ordered ~3:07EST
    Email ~3:12EST
    4/24-window
    Still processing
    No CC Charge

Boooo

Also ordered the 38mmSport-PinkSB in the same order but got a 4-6w window in the confirmation email.

8. danish1542 macrumors member

I am not quite Legend Status, but I ordered a 42MM SG confirmation at 3:03am, no pending charges, nothing in the UPS system and still processing. Shipping to the Boston area.

The fact that your friends is moving through the system actually makes me feel good. There is no way Apple will get the watches into the hands of people who ordered later, especially the same model.

9. ibwb macrumors regular

I'm still in "Processing Items" with no charge of any kind at any point. But I don't buy into the theory that this matters.

"Shipping" a million+ Apple Watches all over the world isn't like shipping a basket of cookies to grandma. There's a massive logistics operation going on here, involving UPS/Fedex but probably also other unknown partners. Many of us might find the products shipped "overnight" on Thursday from locations less than 100 miles away.

There's a pretty large financial/customer service operation going on too. Charging a million credit cards creates thousands of problems probably. They don't want to be inundated with calls from all the people who triggered fraud protection, daily charge limits etc. all on the same day. The process for charging all these cards doesn't necessarily have anything to do with the physical movement of product.

So we shouldn't assume that being charged later always means that we'll get our products later. Nobody here really knows much about exactly how the process works. And although some people have tracking numbers, I don't believe any of those tracking numbers have shown much useful information or activity yet.

So I'm chill here in limbo ;)

10. gwynne macrumors 68000

gwynne

Sulkity sulk sulk.

But I'm sulking by proxy. My 38mm is in preparing to ship. The BF's 42mm SG is in processing hell. I'm sulking on his behalf, he's pretty chill.

11. whatos macrumors 6502a

Oh, OK got it.

Mired in the hot painful quicksand of "in processing" for what seems like most of my adult life, the prognosis is not good...

UPS must be a three letter abbreviation for something, what ... I do not know. But I'll accept the points.

Oh crap, I'm single, no points to be had here.

Well... Another painful day of waiting, wondering, drifting aimlessly.

What's an Apple customer to do?

Couldn't even find the emoji for a very painful expression!

12. SR71 macrumors 68000

Woo, another Bostonian that I can share my pain with. Same confirmation time, model, and lack of any shipping labels being created. Here's hoping we get it on Friday.

13. bbeagle macrumors 68040

bbeagle

Solution: Intercept the package and hide your wife's watch until yours comes.

14. SayenCroWolf macrumors member

Wish I shared that sentiment but I don't. One thing I did see on other posts is that our confirmation email time is not the time our order hit the system in Apple. In his instance the disparity was a big difference

I chatted Apple and they assured me there are no snags in my order, address and credit card information are solid and I'll flow when it's my time. Why my buddy is rolling on and I'm stuck in this sixth circle of waiting hell is anyone's guess. Getting the answer wouldn't get mine moving.

On an aside, I do know first hand that if my order ships UPS I'm not going to see delivery issues. I'm a shift supervisor at my hub and we're already having conversations on the extra volumes versus our capacity, and extra staffing from sorters to drivers. We're ready, we just need the boxes so we can do our thing. If mine goes through UPS my hub delivers to my address so I can pick it up at the customer counter on my way out of the door

15. JWorld127 macrumors 6502

JWorld127

16. wesk702 thread starter macrumors 68000

wesk702

If I did that, that won't be the only package taken from me.

17. 3square macrumors regular

rant & venting

*****RANT*******
    i really think apple f**ed up big time with this "launch". i'm not talking about pre-order dates getting kicked back so far and so soon on the 10th. Not even upset about the odd delivery windows 4/24 - 5/8 either.

It is the fact that there are mixed amount of people getting charged/order-updates from apple. Before everyone grabs the pitchfork and torches on me, let me explain my reasoning.
    This is valid, from a customer relationship stand point. This is the same if it's a $400+ watch, $26k car or even a $10 charger from amazon. Good customer service is simply good communication with your customer. They paid for your goods, they need to know where their money went in a timely manner.
    *pointing* at the delivery window, Yes i know :mad: But why are mixed amount of people getting updates? even people with JUNE delivery are getting updated to "preparing for shipments". Also there's the PR doublespeak from Angela Ahrendts comment's "The great news is from anyone who did pre-order, they'll start getting their orders this Friday". There's the back tracking by removing the launch date from their website.

Yes supply constraint, too many SKU's configuration or obviously high-demand…etc. etc. Fine, set up multiple "launches" to pre-order with clear and firm dates. Clear communication is key, not hide behind the blah blah to blah date range promises. Last time i checked they are the highest grossing company in history, not some kickstarter project that runs on hope and promises.

all of this is grinding my hopes down :( as a long time apple customer, this has been a really bad launch.
    *****END RANT*******

18. aeroalex macrumors 6502

38mm Space Grey Sport
    Ordered at 8:02am UK Time
    Estimated Delivery: 24/4 - 5/8
    No Charge to Bank Account
    Still Processing!

Mega pissed off. :mad:

19. oliverd05 macrumors newbie

I can Only but agree with absolutely everything you said!! i was hoping to pre-order new iPhone when it gets unveiled on June 8th.... Am i doing that now...****** no!!! Ordered my
    Apple Watch Sport WhiteBand
    April 10th
    9:30am BST

No charge or confirmation

20. ElRojito macrumors regular

Currently in legend status. Bought my girlfriend a 38mm SS with white sport band on 4/11. Hers will be arriving much sooner than my 12:08 Space Black SS in June. Counting the days.

21. Andylar macrumors regular

My watch order payment has been authorised and the amount dissapeared from available funds, but my watch is still stuck on processing

22. Jason83 macrumors regular

Jason83

I can agree with most of what you said, but it really gets to me when people start quoting Angela's video in these rants. That was meant for STAFF! She's free to propagandize or whatever you want to call it within the company all she wants; it's not her fault that some French blog leaked internal material to the world. Don't get me wrong, I'm by no means an apologist for her, this launch is kind of a clusterf--k; I just hope it's not indicative of future launches (like iPhone) under her leadership.

23. mizzourah macrumors regular

I get all of the above! Hooray for me..not. :eek:

Stuck in processing
    No pending charges - looks like I am in the money!
    No UPS tracking to work
    My wife's watch, which was ordered AFTER mine does have pending charges, does have UPS tracking and is getting here before mine.

Totally grim.

24. Dub1ous macrumors regular

Dub1ous

Up to bonus points for me (not married, and my girlfriend doesn't even have a smartphone).

Still in processing, no charges, no success with UPS..

On the plus side, I'm actually getting some work done today, despite this.

25. 3square macrumors regular

true it's not meant for the general public to see. But the retail staff will believe that and inform us with it, there by misinforming us as well.