Stupid Campers

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by vkramer, Jun 18, 2008.

1. vkramer macrumors regular

I just heard through the grapevine that there are planned iPhone 3g campouts on Friday 11th in my town (Buffalo, NY). This is gonna suck because our Apple Store is full of canadian tourists who cross the border to shop at our stores by the busloads. Hopefully the ATT stores are overstocked cause our Apple store will sell out in a few hours.

2. slicecom macrumors 68020

Why would Canadians be crossing the border to buy iPhones there when they'd have to sign a contract with AT&T and they're on sale in Canada on the same day for the same price? :confused:

3. PoitNarf macrumors 65816

PoitNarf

Cause they're hosers, eh? Show any Canadians waiting in line what America is all aboot by slappin em in the face with some Canadian bacon!

4. essential macrumors regular

I also live in Buffalo, NY and don't like hearing that news. I was planning on just going to the Apple store in the Galleria from work that Friday and picking one up, but since we only have one Apple store, if there are planned campers, and it's rumored that it'll be a 6pm release, looks like I won't be getting mine the first day. No way am I waiting more than 10mins to buy a phone (not including the activation process.)

We have a ton of AT&T locations in the area, but I feel better buying from an Apple store in case there are any problems with the phone.

5. pedroistheman macrumors 6502

pedroistheman

haha, nothing like some good ole' canadian racial jokes

6. stagfish macrumors newbie

iphone stock

I was wondering if I should go to the AT&T store or apple store late on release friday around 6:00pm or am I pretty much screwed that late in the day?

steve from yellowstone

7. tothelimit macrumors regular

tothelimit

It doesn't matter where you buy the phone. Any iPhone (whether purchased at an Apple Retail store or an AT&T store) can be repaired/returned at an Apple store. If fact, you have to bring them to an Apple store or contact Apple Care, AT&T is not authorized to service them.

8. magiic macrumors regular

magiic

9. vkramer thread starter macrumors regular

I heard about planned campouts at the Walden Galleria Mall, Transit/Maple ATT store, and Niagara Falls Blvd ATT store.

Im prob just gonna hit the Transit/Maple store cause its close.

10. vkramer thread starter macrumors regular

On the topic of Canadians.

Ever since the Canadian dollar became of value they come over the border and shop at our malls by the busload. This makes it impossible to find parking at the mall (whre the apple store is located btw.). If i need to go to the mall for whatever reason it takes me anywhere from 45 min to 1hr to find a parking spot.

11. Stampyhead macrumors 68020

Stampyhead

Hmm, well if the Canadians come over by the busload then that can't be the problem as a bus only takes up one parking space. It must be all the Americans with their big SUV's taking up your spaces at the mall.

12. aethelbert macrumors 601

Ha, so true.

To the OP, who cares if they camp? People will camp at every store, no doubt. If you don't want to be last in line, get there early...

13. dacreativeguy macrumors 68000

Don't forget all the hockey pucks they leave all over the place and their sticky maple syrup hands. I hate that!

14. Mad Mac Maniac macrumors 601

Mad Mac Maniac

A little bit of here and a little bit of there.
    That's funny because that was the EXACT same thing I was thinking. I was going to make a similar snide remark ;)

15. slicecom macrumors 68020

LOL

16. brad.c macrumors 68020

brad.c

OP: You live in Buffalo. That should be enough to complain about.

17. timimbo85 macrumors regular

timimbo85

I dont see why you would even camp out, who cares if you don't get the phone the "day of", I would rather wait a week to get it then to camp outside a store.

18. elbirth macrumors 65816

Well, seeing as how the phone is going to be released on the 11th, they shouldn't be a problem for you if you go on at a decent time. If they were camping out on the 10th, however...

19. magiic macrumors regular

magiic

From experience camping out in front of stores with friends is actually a lot of fun. I camped out with some friends for the PS3. We ordered Pizza and sang songs (two of them brought guitars), played video games and just had a grand old time.

20. cyclingplatypus macrumors 6502a

cyclingplatypus

LOL:D

21. Natesac macrumors 6502a

Natesac

yeah we always get drunk at midnight game launches.

22. djransom macrumors 68040

djransom

It's a known fact that yes there are gonna be campouts at Apple stores across the country or even countries.

23. stagfish macrumors newbie

iphone

whats the chances that there will be a shortage?? id really like to get one the day of realease but I wont be going till 6:00pm

thanks

sexbegel

24. RoboCop001 macrumors 65816

Ahh, relax guys!! Why all the worry, friends?

We cross the border every so often to get a look at the goings on with our southern buddies. We need to know you guys are ok and are enjoying your finely brewed Canadian beer and doughnuts.

So you see, the 'tourists' you see are in fact under cover RCMP officers!

No need to worry, guys. No need to worry.

Sincerely, your friends, buddies, pals, and guys,

Canada.

25. brandonzar macrumors regular

If all the Canadians are coming across the border to take advantage of the weak American dollar then I think it may be time to move to Canada and get a job there. I'm half Canadian (my dad is from Cardston, Alberta) anyway so I'll probably fit right in. eh? :D