suitable replacement for Tag&Rename on OSX?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by mrjayviper, Feb 26, 2016.

Tags:
  1. mrjayviper, Feb 26, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2016

mrjayviper macrumors regular

I love the UI provide by Tag&Rename. It's very intuitive. Browsing my collectiong using a tree structure on the left and selecting a folder would automatically refresh the track listing. Right-click to edit tags. Sadly, it's windows only.

I've played around with various taggers like Kid3, tagger, tagr, picard, yate and etc and I find them cumbersome to use. I've also used the wine version of mp3tag and it's just not as good as the windows equivalent. I cannot edit some of the more important settings like renaming files using tags.

Perhaps you have suggestions I haven't used? thanks a lot :)

2. msephton, Mar 2, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2016

msephton macrumors 6502

msephton

3. mrjayviper thread starter macrumors regular

4. RollTide1017 macrumors regular

I know I'm late to this thread but I found a decent replacement for T&R. It's called Meta. It's on the Mac App store or the developers website: https://www.nightbirdsevolve.com/meta/

I'm a long time T&R user and just recently got an iMac. T&R was the last app I was looking and I tried a few including Kid3 but, I didn't really like anything. I chose to continue using my Windows laptop and T&R for my tagging purposes. Found Meta doing a Google search, tried it out and really enjoyed it. It's not as good as T&R but, it's a suitable replacement and the best I've found so far for MacOS, IMO.

5. msephton macrumors 6502

msephton

My tagger of choice right now is YATE. But I'll try Meta if I can.

6. rhett7660 macrumors G4

rhett7660

This program is one of the only reasons I installed VM Ware and Windows. This is bar none one of the best tagging software out there. I feel the pain.

I have been using this program for a while now and really like it. https://www.amvidia.com/tag-editor

In fact you might be able to get a code from the code sharing section which is where I got my copy. It is actually pretty good.

7. Anijake macrumors 6502

Anijake

http://www.markvapps.com/metadatics

The best T&R replacement IMHO,

whole albums--- check
    gets artwork--- check
    customizable tags--- check
    searches online for tags--- check

Have not used T&R since I started using it, ran Fusion just for T&R, no longer

8. nitramwin macrumors member

Although a bit complicated to understand, the Kid3 editor works quite well. However, I haven't figured out how to 'correct' the actual file name yet - only the tags themselves. Also, it can take some time finding the right album match but if you are diligent, it can give you pretty good results.

9. msephton macrumors 6502

msephton