Super Sticky Thread for USB-C Docks, Cables and Accessories [MERGED]

twynne

macrumors 6502a
Apr 21, 2006
London, UK
Hi,

I just noticed Apple has an USB C to HDMI/USB/ USB C PD Adapter which is capable of 4k 60hz and charging.

It seems to be the only hub which can output 4k@60Hz does anyone know why?
I went with this (Amazon) and it works great... no way to be certain I'm getting 60hz but it certainly provides the resolution.
- - Post merged: - -

Successful Sorcerer

macrumors member
Nov 23, 2019
I'm sorry if this is already posted, I tried to search this thread but didn't find an answer. I'm looking for a thunderbolt/usb-c to multiple usb-c dock. I only need more usb-c ports at a reasonable speed... can't seem to find one... Does anybody have any experiences?

radamo

macrumors member
Dec 5, 2019
Long Island, NY
I'm sorry if this is already posted, I tried to search this thread but didn't find an answer. I'm looking for a thunderbolt/usb-c to multiple usb-c dock. I only need more usb-c ports at a reasonable speed... can't seem to find one... Does anybody have any experiences?
I am a new iMac owner and have begun the hunt for one of these as well.

Successful Sorcerer

macrumors member
Nov 23, 2019
I am a new iMac owner and have begun the hunt for one of these as well.
Didn't found one yet, I ended up buying an open box Caldigit TS3 plus which is very nice as well. Just wanted to make the full move to usb-c but I guess we have to wait a few years or buy the new XDR display or LG Ultrafine displays which have 4 usb-c ports.

venom600

macrumors 6502a
Mar 23, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
Can someone point me to an affordable USB-C or TB3 ethernet adapter that doesn't require drivers? I've gone through two on Amazon and both required a driver, which I'd like to avoid.

faust

macrumors 6502
Sep 11, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
What's a good dock for the 2019 16" MBP? I'm looking for USB-C power passthrough, USB-A ports, maybe an SD card reader, and I'd like it to be portable if possible.

Amigaman

macrumors regular
Sep 29, 2007
Greenville, MI
What's a good dock for the 2019 16" MBP? I'm looking for USB-C power passthrough, USB-A ports, maybe an SD card reader, and I'd like it to be portable if possible.
Check out the Kingston Nucleum. It supports 60W USB-C power passthrough, a USB-C data port, two USB-A 3.1 ports, SDHC & microSD slots, a 4K HDMI port, and is super portable. Hope this helps! :)

dannyyankou

macrumors G3
Mar 2, 2012
Scarsdale, NY
Question: Can I use a third party USB-C to HDMI cable for video out, or do I need to use Apple's first party HDMI adapter with a standard HDMI cable?

anson42

macrumors 6502
Mar 13, 2014
Oakland, CA
Been a while since your question was posted but I came across this on amazon:

I don't have experience with it but they profess to have 100W power delivery and from the pictures seems quite portable. There are plenty of 60W power delivery options but personally I wouldn't settle for those to ensure I get all 90+W of power from the MBP charger. There are likely other options like this one. Try searching "100w power delivery" on amazon.