Resolved [SUPPORT] I can't install Windows on my Macbook. Pls help.

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by teampleb, Dec 27, 2015.

1. teampleb, Dec 27, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2015

teampleb macrumors newbie

I've tried Windows 7 and 10 (both 32-Bit) and it always gets suck at "select cd-rom boot type". I have a 2007 MacBook with a Core 2 Duo and GMA 950. Upgraded with a 120GB SSD and 4GB of RAM. I need Windows because my laptop is a paperweight with everybody dropping support for 10.7.5. I know this laptop can at least run Windows 7. I currently have Linux Mint 17.3 (32-Bit) installed and everything is working perfectly. Can anybody please help me?

2. boltjames macrumors 68030

boltjames

This is the subforum for the new 2015 12" Retina MacBook. The subforum you want for issues related to older Mac's and Windows installs is here:

http://forums.macrumors.com/forums/windows-linux-others-on-the-mac.86/

You may also seek help from Apple themselves here:

https://discussions.apple.com/community/windows_software/boot_camp

BJ

3. teampleb thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks, but I'm not using boot camp. Lol. I'm trying to install it as the only OS. (It doesn't work through boot camp either though.)

EDIT: MOVED IT HERE - http://forums.macrumors.com/threads/support-i-cant-install-windows-on-my-macbook-pls-help.1947051/

4. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

This sub-forum is still valid for asking questions for all Macs that use the "Macbook" name. Just as the iMac sub-forum is valid for all Macs that use the "iMac" name, even though older PowerPC based iMacs would get better support and answered in the PowerPC sub-forum.

teampleb, are you booting from the optical disc or USB drive? Are you sure you are using the 32-bit version?

5. teampleb thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm trying to boot from a DVD. I think they're 32bit as I downloaded them from Microsoft's website and they say "x32" in the filename.

6. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

The problem you're encountering often happens when trying to boot a stock 64-bit disc on an older Mac. What is the exact file name of the ISO?

7. teampleb thread starter macrumors newbie

The Windows 10 one is "Win10_1511_English_x32.iso" and I don't have the 7 iso anymore but the disk has 32bit in the title.

8. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

9. teampleb thread starter macrumors newbie

10. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

There may be, but I am not aware of such a way. Possibly download the ISO again and verify that you do indeed download the 32-bit version.

11. teampleb thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the help anyway. I'm going to try installing Vista and doing an upgrade to 7 (then maybe to 10).

12. teampleb thread starter macrumors newbie

FOLLOW UP: This does work! If anyone is having this problem, just upgrade from version to version. Windows 10 is working great. [​IMG]

13. SteveJUAE macrumors 68000

SteveJUAE

Congrats, nothing better and more satisfying than self help :)