Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Choobies

macrumors newbie
May 1, 2011
The only thing holding me back from sealing the deal on this case is the hard case backing. I've had bad experiences with my past iPhone 2g and current iPhone 3g using hard cases, because dust inevitably gets between the case and the phone, scratching the the back of the phone, not with long gashes, but small indents due to the specks of dust.

It seems to be an overlooked and/or underrated problem with hard cases in the iPhone world, and thus, I'm afraid this will happen with the Switcheasy Canvas case for the iPad 2. I don't think it will happen in the first few weeks, or the first few months even, but after many months and a year+, it will occur.

(Also, I would prefer if I didn't have to constantly or regularly take the device out of its hard case to clean for dust.)

What do you guys think about this?

sineplex

macrumors 6502
Aug 24, 2010
I don't think it will happen in the first few weeks, or the first few months even, but after many months and a year+, it will occur.

What do you guys think about this?
I think if you're that worried about the back, apply one of those skins, put it in the case and never remove it.

This case hasn't been out for long at all. How can anyone tell you what will happen "after many months and a year+"?
My advice, get the case put in your iPad2. 11 Months later take out of case, and put on ebay. Get iPad3 :cool:

Dangka

macrumors member
Apr 16, 2011
Liking my Switcheasy Canvas a lot, but after using it for some time now, I think one improvement would be deeper grooves for the tilts. The Marware CEO Hybrid has deeper, no slip grooves for tilting. If the Switcheasy Canvas had deeper grooves, I think it would be perfect. The grooves are shallow enough that my tilt will slip out while on my lap from time to time. Overall, the Switcheasy Canvas is still the best case on the market.

OverSpun

macrumors 65816
Sep 12, 2006
California
Same here. I ordered it and response from the company. I emailed them and they gave the me "we know that our website says In Stock but it is not and we are delayed a couple of days but it will go out." A few days pass and I get this email from them today:

A friendly heads up to our Valued Switcheasy Customer,

Thank you for your order. We are sorry for the delay.
Due to an unexpected delay with our overseas manufacturer, we
experienced inventory shortages, all colors for the Canvas iPad 2 are
temporarily out of items even though it says "In Stock" on our website
(inventory levels on computer systems can differ from what is
physically in stock.)

Our units should arrive within 2-5 days and begin shipping.
If this delay is unacceptable, we understand your desire to cancel and
request a refund (that includes the shipping fees.)
Or if you are willing to wait for this item, we will hold your order
for arrival of the item, and ship shortly thereafter.

When replying, could you please let us know what seems to work best for you.
We thank you for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,
Switcheasy Customer Service.
http://www.switcheasy.com (USA Website)

I have no confidence with Switcheasy at this point. They know that they have no product in stock for a week and they still list it as "In Stock". The product might be great but the company's business practices certainly don't give me the warm and fuzzies.

Pshhhh. I ordered mine last week and I Received this exact copied email from them until I emailed them 3x including my paypal transaction ID that they must have wasted extra time asking me for my PP ID.:confused:

Clearly they've not organized their sites about their inventory that always say "in stock" which is likely their marketing without them being available.

Sure their case looks decent in the video and reviews but I'd prefer ordering from a company without all the swishy washy talk.

Hey Xxxxx!

Due to an unexpected shipment delay from our overseas manufacturer, we
are temporarily out of items for the Canvas in all colors. *They went
so fast, we were not even able to put “out of stock” on the website.
We have been promised by the shipping company that our units will be
here within 4 days.
Please note that these are estimates by the shipping company and may
vary by several days due to weather, mail volume, customs delays and
other circumstances*

If this delay is unacceptable, we understand your desire to cancel and
request a refund (that includes the shipping fees.)

Or if you are willing to wait for this item, as soon as stock arrives
it will be shipped out automatically.

Again, we apologize for any inconvenience or delay this may cause you.
We appreciate your patience.

http://www.switcheasy.com (USA Website)

We are aware now from this thread that they're located in Hong Kong "overseas" which is a joke. I don't care their products are made in China or if it's matter if their built by underwater basket weavers or even in Pluto if they can drop some legit info if I'm buying anything.

Perhaps a new thread about their poor information offered for their customers which should be as important as the actual product.

OverSpun

macrumors 65816
Sep 12, 2006
California
Pshhhh. I ordered mine last week and I Received this exact copied email from them until I emailed them 3x including my paypal transaction ID that they must have wasted extra time asking me for my PP ID.:confused:

Clearly they've not organized their sites about their inventory that always say "in stock" which is likely their marketing without them being available.

Sure their case looks decent in the video and reviews but I'd prefer ordering from a company without all the swishy washy talk.

We are aware now from this thread that they're located in Hong Kong "overseas" which is a joke. I don't care their products are made in China or if it's matter if their built by underwater basket weavers or even in Pluto if they can drop some legit info if I'm buying anything.

Perhaps a new thread about their poor information offered for their customers which should be as important as the actual product.

I emailed them back this morning and I said this-
:D
Switcheasy,

I am glad that I ordered a black ipad2 canvas! I have heard from a few friends having the same delay which I'd recommend updating your website. Besides- I have heard on CNN that your underwater basket weaver was attacked by a mega shark (other circumstances*?) including the weather, volume, customs, mail volume. Did you kill the shark...or dynamite? It would have to be a endangered specie.*Everybody, check for swamp leeches, and pull them off... Nobody else got hit? I'm the only one? What's the deal?

Sent from my iPad

jokerz126

macrumors 6502
Oct 26, 2010
Switcheasy with front+back protection?

can anyone who has recieved their case comment on how it would do with a front and back screen protector like Ghost Armor or Zagg??
I would probably just leave the ipad 2 in the case once it goes in...not taking it in and out...

Thanks!

gordita

macrumors member
May 11, 2010
Can someone confirm if this canvas feels and is actually lighter than the speck pixelskin HD wrap?
Reason I ask, I bought the speck HD pixelskin case and it is super heavy!
If I'm sitting with the ipad and I do not have a back rest, I cannot even hold the ipad in a browsing position for more than 2 minutes (please, no jokes about the lack of muscles here...)

If the canvas is heavier or weighs about the same as the pixelskin wrap, then the only way it would work for me is to keep it in a standby position.
I don't think the ipad would be usable if I'm standing with it and holding it in my left hand, it would feel too eavy after 2-3 minutes...

thanks

Jean Francois

macrumors newbie
Apr 29, 2011

Hi everybody,

After two weeks now still nothing from Switcheasy, no update on the shipment, nothing. It's very important for people willing to buy this product that they won't receive it within a week. I'll receive it (one day...), test it and if a minor issue comes up, I'll return it. I hate being treated like this!

Hi everybody,

After two weeks now still nothing from Switcheasy, no update on the shipment, nothing. It's very important for people willing to buy this product that they won't receive it within a week. I'll receive it (one day...), test it and if a minor issue comes up, I'll return it. I hate being treated like this!

Have you emailed them about it? They responded pretty quickly when I inquired about my order

Northman11

macrumors newbie
Apr 26, 2011
I'm on day 10 and I've sent four or five emails. No updates or ETA. Thinking of just getting my money back at this point.

vkuber

macrumors regular
Feb 8, 2010
can anyone who has recieved their case comment on how it would do with a front and back screen protector like Ghost Armor or Zagg??
I would probably just leave the ipad 2 in the case once it goes in...not taking it in and out...

Thanks!

I have my iPad fully protected in Ghost Armor after waiting two days after it was installed. It went in without any problems that I know of and I haven't taken it out since.

RossMc

macrumors 65816
Apr 30, 2010
Newcastle, UK
Just received mine today. The clasp on it is very hard to get shut properly at the minute but hopefully it gets better over time:)

Xeanor

macrumors newbie
May 5, 2011
Is this case available in any store at all? Apple, Walmart, Target, Best Buy, anywhere? Does anybody know?

mrgossett

macrumors 6502
Mar 18, 2008
Just received mine today. The clasp on it is very hard to get shut properly at the minute but hopefully it gets better over time:)

Don't count on it. Mine has loosened up very little. I'm going to return it for a refund.

Dakotafan

macrumors 6502
Dec 3, 2007
I've had no issues with the clasp whatsoever. It has the right amount of pressure to get on and off. I'm really enjoying my case.

Kymakersmark

macrumors newbie
May 3, 2011
I ordered mine on 4/29 and so far no ETA, only the email that due to high demand bla bla - anybody got the same and had more luck in the meantime...?

Ordered on the 25th. No tracking info yet so it has yet to ship.

They have back order buttons on their site now so they at least let people know now upfront which is good.

Last edited:

sandman512

macrumors member
Apr 25, 2011
Ordered my switcheasy a couple of weeks ago when their website stated 'Instock". Quickly got the out of stock email. So, I contacted them a few times and received the standard reply. Being that my Ipad will be here on Monday, it looks like I will be CANCELING my order. So, what is everyone else ordering instead of this one? THANKS!

C0bra K0mmander

macrumors regular
Jul 6, 2009
New Jersey
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_8 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8E401 Safari/6533.18.5)

Try the iFrogz Summit case for the iPad 2. I went to them after being tired of waiting in switcheasy

kschles

macrumors regular
Apr 3, 2008
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_8 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8E401 Safari/6533.18.5)

Try the iFrogz Summit case for the iPad 2. I went to them after being tired of waiting in switcheasy

Just ordered the Ifrogz Summit. Tired of sustaining injuries while trying to close the d*** latch on the Switcheasy. Glad the latch on the Switcheasy is fine for some, and loosening up for others; but not for me. The Summit design looks similar, but without the latch, which I'm hoping will work out.

sandman512

macrumors member
Apr 25, 2011

Thanks, did you order directly from them or somewhere else? I'm trying to get to me ASAP, since my Ipad will be here Monday. THANKS!

C0bra K0mmander

macrumors regular
Jul 6, 2009
New Jersey

I ordered directly from them being that it's in stock (black) according to their site and they ship items out within 24hrs.

sandman512

macrumors member
Apr 25, 2011

I ordered directly from them being that it's in stock (black) according to their site and they ship items out within 24hrs.

Thanks Cobra, much appreciated!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.