Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

muymal

macrumors member
Jul 8, 2007
Switcheasy SECRET AGENDA FOUND!

Recently my canvas case cracked in the corner. Emailed Switcheasy and they have revealed their secret agenda to me! It's shocking really! How can they do such things!

That secret agenda is:

provide great customer service that's fast and straightforward and wonderful products!!

UNTHINKABLE! haha

but anyway, mad props to them, they are awesome!

lazybee

macrumors member
Oct 8, 2011
I just got my second replacement canvas for the ipad 2. The first two cracked in the corners. But I'm not complaining. Switcheasy has been fantastic on helping me get replacements. Their customer service is top notch.

cyzone

macrumors newbie
Oct 8, 2011
Hong Kong
Can any guys from Australia have idea where i can buy a canvas cover online? I wanna buy one for my cousin who is now in AU.

jrbrangi

macrumors newbie
Sep 23, 2011
Im now on my 3rd. And its cracking yet again. My ipad has never even left my living room, so its definately not from hard use.

lightbreeze

macrumors member
Oct 10, 2011
I've been finding that my Canvas is a little wonky now when folded back along the first crease. The crease isn't as sharp as it was initially, and it causes the case to slide either down or up, instead of staying in place. Not sure I want to go through the hassle of getting a replacement, but it is sort of irritating. (This is my second case-- had to get a replacement for the first due to latch problems.)

wisniak

macrumors newbie
Nov 17, 2011
I purchased the Canvas after trying several other cases and covers.

I like the build quality and ease of use.

A couple of weeks ago I was in Sicily, came to the hotel after a long day and when trying to open the door (with the iPad 2 in one hand, the key in the other hand and the trolley in the 3rd hand) - I accidentally dropped the iPad2 onto the stone floor from a height of about 4 feet..

To my delight (and HUGE relief) - there was a slight mark (dirt) in one of the case corners - and that's it. I assume that if the iPad 2 had been hit in that corner - that would have been the end of the screen or the glass back...

So bottom line - this cover does offer excellent protection, is very easy to use and is of excellent build quality.

Two other things to mention:
1. I've had several prior Switcheasy cases for my iPhone 3GS, they have excellent customer support.
2. The top cover creases leave some sort of mark on the iPad2's screen protector.

Wordslinger29

macrumors member
May 27, 2009
I've had my Canvas since last May and it has help up well, until recently. The Velcro no longer keeps the cover attached to the back, and I noticed the cover started to bubble in one spot. I pressed it down and it appears to be okay, but I wonder how long it will last before it pops up again and possibly spreads. Are these considered defect covered under the warranty?

Also, my hands get pretty oily, and a lot of that oil has been absorbed into the cloth backing of the cover. Is there a safe way to clean it without ruining the material?. It looks and feels grimy, and it leaves a lot of smudges all over the screen.

pdxa4

macrumors 6502
Aug 4, 2008
Two other things to mention:
1. I've had several prior Switcheasy cases for my iPhone 3GS, they have excellent customer support.
2. The top cover creases leave some sort of mark on the iPad2's screen protector.

Are you seeing similar marks to what I have ?

i-fjpDkB7-L.jpg

aricher

macrumors 68020
Feb 20, 2004
Chi-il
Those marks look similar to they type that the Apple Smart Cover leaves on the glass. When my SwitchEasy gets to that point I usually wet down a microfiber cloth and run it across the inside cover to brush debris and oil off, then leave the case open to dry, this usually does the trick.

pdxa4

macrumors 6502
Aug 4, 2008
Yes (except the fingerprints, of course..)
:)

HaHa, indeed I need to clean it off...

The screen protector that came with the Switheasy is peeling off, especially around the home button, so I need to change it anyway...

wisniak

macrumors newbie
Nov 17, 2011
HaHa, indeed I need to clean it off...

The screen protector that came with the Switheasy is peeling off, especially around the home button, so I need to change it anyway...

Mine doesn't, but then I don't use the iPad that much since I can't take it to work (no camera devices allowed).

But generally I like the Switcheasy screen protectors. I've sused them with my 3GS and iPad 2 and very likely with the 4S I'm about to receive in a couple of weeks.

jmdaniel

macrumors member
May 6, 2011
Okay, so I didn't get right on contacting Switcheasy about bubbles showing up on my case (after I mentioned it here on 10/25)... I finally sent them an email yesterday morning, and their response was received within an hour. The response? A tracking number for the new case they were shipping!!! Awesome and timely customer service! :)

----------

I noticed the cover started to bubble in one spot. I pressed it down and it appears to be okay, but I wonder how long it will last before it pops up again and possibly spreads. Are these considered defect covered under the warranty?

Contact Switcheasy. I have three bubbles on mine, and they are sending me a new one, no questions asked.

PhoenixMac

macrumors 65816
Mar 7, 2010
Does anyone know of any retail stores that sell Switcheasy Canvas? I would love to get one but not 100% sure of it yet, so I would prefer a local store so I could return it if it does not work out.

pdxa4

macrumors 6502
Aug 4, 2008
Last night the corner of my switcheasy broke off :(

I emailed switcheasy this morning to sales@switcheasy.com, so hopefully I hear back from them.

I never removed the cover from when I put it on for the first time...

i-4dScczD-L.jpg

Other corner showing a crack...
i-Vt363xH-L.jpg

sl33pyhead

macrumors member
Oct 6, 2009
I love my canvas except that it doesn't stay in any positions at all except for like 90 degrees... Any way to fix that? That velcro needs to be fluffed quite often as well...

pdxa4

macrumors 6502
Aug 4, 2008
Last night the corner of my switcheasy broke off :(

I emailed switcheasy this morning to sales@switcheasy.com, so hopefully I hear back from them.

I never removed the cover from when I put it on for the first time...

Just as a follow up Switcheasy gave great product support. Kinda hard to find their contact info, but once I submitted on their website and showed the photos they offered an immediate replacement and I had it two days later at my home...I got no response from my email to sale@switcheasy.com, but when I submitted via their website I had an immediate reply...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.