SwitchEasy Nude vs. IvySkin Reception

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by OnNightfall, Jul 7, 2010.

?

SwitchEasy Nude vs. IvySkin Reception

1. SwitchEasy Nude

60 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. IvySkin Reception

34 vote(s)
    28.3%
  3. None

26 vote(s)
    21.7%
  1. OnNightfall macrumors regular

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      31.4 KB
      Views:
    • 2.png
      2.png
      File size:
      195.6 KB
      Views:
  2. sidewinder macrumors 68020

sidewinder

I bought both and will see which one I like better...

S-

3. OnNightfall thread starter macrumors regular

Wow! Please keep us posted. :)

4. DAMNiatx macrumors 6502a

DAMNiatx

5. OnNightfall thread starter macrumors regular

Though the price is right, that has the same cutout like my Griffin Reveal meaning you will have flash glare issues with that case.

After doing some research, a possible deal breaker for the Nude is that it does not have a front lip. So if it falls face down your in trouble. So this might give the Reception an edge. But the Reception does not protect the top or the bottom. So you have to ask yourself, what is more important.

6. travel4fun macrumors member

I bought the Nude one. I'm not really a case kinda guy, but I love the idea of a ultra slim case and SwitchEasy furthermore comes with a screen protector.

7. lilaznboi macrumors newbie

The ivyskin one comes with both a front and back screen protector while switcheasy only comes with a front. Sometimes dust get's into the small nooks and crannies of the case and scratches up the back.

8. number9 macrumors 6502

The dust would only scratch the phone if there was enough relative movement between the phone and the case. The SwitchEasy cases generall fit very well, so this shouldn't be an issue. Also, typical house hold dust shouldn't scratch the iPhone glass very easily, since most dust is just dead skin (yumm!) or fabric. I have had a similar experience with the 5.5G iPod video in a clear plasic case from Belkin, as it scratched the front, but the front of the iPod is plastic.

9. number9 macrumors 6502

I bought the Nude because it is slightly thicker, likely providing more protection, and also beccause of the general reputation of Lexan plastics for durability. Also, the port plugs and the screen protectors are a nice pack in. SwitchEasy cases have always gotten generally positive reviews, and I a familia with them, while I'm not as familiar with IvySkin. Just my 2 cents.

10. trav54 macrumors newbie

trav54

11. xraytech macrumors 68020

Two words...

Flash Artifact

12. OnNightfall thread starter macrumors regular

Wow, seems like the nude is winning the polls by a mile. So it does not bother you guys that the nude has no front lip and the only thing protecting it would be a screen protector?

13. jblock macrumors regular

It's hard for me to see how the Ivyskin's lip fits on the front just based on their website pictures. From the pictures on iLounge of the Switcheasy it does cover the front metal, just doesn't go all the way up the glass side. The Switcheasy cutouts for the volume look better to me with individual cutouts rather than the one big one on the Ivyskin

14. OnNightfall thread starter macrumors regular

Yea, I see what your saying. Also drop protection with these cases would be minimal too with how thin. They look great but I'm worried about their durability.

15. RMXO macrumors 6502a

I bought SwitchEasy Nude yesterday but after checking out IvySkin, I'm going to order that also. I'm a case collector even though I'll probably never use all the one's I collect.

I was planning to get the Belkin Micra, but they're taking forever to come out.

http://www.belkin.com/IWCatProductPage.process?Product_Id=512038

16. lakaiordie macrumors 65816

i dont know which one to buy!

i like how the ivyskin is the thinnest. but i like the colors of the nude. argh. someone post pictures of both!

17. lakaiordie macrumors 65816

18. jargon51 macrumors 6502

I voted for the nude because of the severe lack of "good" cases available right now. I ordered one and have yet to receive it but thought it looked the best for what I like. I am still waiting for incase to come out with something.

19. Noch macrumors newbie

Hmmm I'll just wait for reviews can those who will get both post up a review?

20. PecanEater macrumors 6502

PecanEater

Anyone received either of these cases yet? Impressions?

21. robotphood macrumors 6502a

22. maverick86 macrumors 6502a

I ordered an ivyskin last week and it still says that my order is processing. Not sure when it will actually ship.. Once I get the case I'll take some pictures and post them up

23. glen e macrumors 68030

mine shipped..will post here

24. mattroman246 macrumors 6502

mattroman246

i purchased the switch easy nude ultra clear, was already scuffed when i got it. after i tried to take it off the first time it broke right around the volume buttons, put it on again and it was deformed so i put pressure on it to put it back to normal. with an hour use on the clock it was so scratched up it sucked. ordered the ivy skin instead, hoping to have better luck

25. hanguk9117 macrumors newbie

Has anyone seen a review on this besides the ones posted on ivyskin's website? I searched for YouTube videos with no luck