Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kcellup

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 19, 2015
is it just me or does it feel like a lot to get used too? Screen size has me changing how I hold my phone in many different scenarios. It's just... Weird to me. So thankful I didn't jump right from the 6s to the 6s+!

STFUWTF

macrumors newbie
Sep 26, 2015
really i have 5s planing to get 6s+ today i really look forward to bgiger screen since im on the internet 24/7

kcellup

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 19, 2015
really i have 5s planing to get 6s+ today i really look forward to bgiger screen since im on the internet 24/7
I mean to each their own but maybe it's just my hand size getting used to not using as much one handed usage.

Conan86

macrumors 6502
Apr 9, 2012
Singapore
Yea, there are adjustments that you need to make and it makes the phone feels awkward to be used one handed. Without a case, I could use it one handed with the help of reachability but with a case now I find it really awkward at times.

We'll definitely get used to it though

xystudioo

macrumors newbie
Oct 3, 2014
is it just me or does it feel like a lot to get used too? Screen size has me changing how I hold my phone in many different scenarios. It's just... Weird to me. So thankful I didn't jump right from the 6s to the 6s+!

Hi, kcellup,

Can you check your wallet and health app to see if they are in the zoomed mode while others are not? Because I restored my iPhone 5 backup to this new 6s and those apps just always stuck in the zoomed mode.

P.S. Zoomed and standard mode can be set in settings > display

imagineadam

macrumors 68000
Jan 19, 2011
I went from the 5 to the 6 last year and yes it's weird at first. Put an apple leather case on it and it feels great. I have smaller hands too.

kcellup

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 19, 2015
Hi, kcellup,

Can you check your wallet and health app to see if they are in the zoomed mode while others are not? Because I restored my iPhone 5 backup to this new 6s and those apps just always stuck in the zoomed mode.

P.S. Zoomed and standard mode can be set in settings > display
Holy crap! Yes those two apps are zoomed! How do I fix that?

Gin Gin

macrumors 6502
Jun 22, 2009
I also went from 5s to 6s. It took me about a day to adjust to the sleep/wake button being on the side instead of the top. I'm not having trouble with the size & I'm a woman with fairly small hands, though I wouldn't want a phone any larger. Definitely no + for me. I love the faster touch ID, and apple pay. Live photo seems gimmicky & I turned that off. Still getting used to 3D touch. Pretty much everything else I love.

mcmanus7

macrumors 6502a
Oct 30, 2008
I went from a 5 to a 6S. Took me less then a week to adjust to the size. Now the 5 feels like a cheap toy.

I really like the extra screen space, plus the double tap to pull the screen down makes it easier to use with one hand.

Co-worker got the 6S+ and that thing is massive.

Bbqthis

macrumors 6502a
Apr 12, 2015
Bay Area, CA
I went from a 5s to a 6s Plus. Transition was quick and painless. Much prefer typing on the larger keyboard in portrait (landscape keyboard on plus is worthless) and the larger screen is a *ahem* plus for reading during the morning commute.

Reactions: Orlaam

UPBaylor

macrumors member
Sep 30, 2014
I did 5s to 6s and the extra bulk isn't too bad and the extra real estate is nice. The biggest jump for me is performance improvement.

I still have to use my 5s for a proprietary work app that didn't make the jump (working on that) so I get daily side by side. I do miss the compactness of the 5s to some degree. That was a rock solid phone!

Oh, and yes, the Wallet app is a mess. Hoping Apple works this out soon. It's certainly not making me enthusiastic about using Apple Pay.

Last edited:

tivoboy

macrumors 68040
May 15, 2005
yeah, it's an adjustment. I really liked the size of the 5/5s, but the 6 just has a much easier screen to use and enjoy...

one thing that actually happened to me was when moving to the iphone 6, I started to put my pinky UNDER the bottom of the phone for support. Over time, I started to get a pain in my forearm and elbow. Turns on, putting the pinky under the phone was straining some tendon under the forearm that went all the way up to the elbow. It took several weeks to retrain my behaviour but now after a month it's nearly gone. so, be careful how you hold it. ;-)

lookn4wifi

macrumors regular
Sep 18, 2012
I jumped from a 5 to a 6s. I was too busy being wowed by the performance and features increase to notice any muscle memory discrepancies.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.