T-Mobile Announces $200 Rebate Offer for iPhones and BOGO Deal for Apple Watch Series 3

Discussion in 'iOS Blog Discussion' started by MacRumors, Feb 21, 2018.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

T-Mobile today announced a new iPhone offer for customers thinking about purchasing one of Apple's latest smartphones. Following a BOGO deal from January, T-Mobile is now offering customers the chance to get a $200 rebate when purchasing the iPhone X, 8, 8 Plus, 7, or 7 Plus on a 24-month Equipment Installment Plan, received in the form of a prepaid MasterCard card. That's in addition to the value of an eligible smartphone that users can trade in to T-Mobile.

[​IMG]
    Note: MacRumors is an affiliate partner with T-Mobile. When you click a link and make a purchase, we may receive a small payment, which helps us keep the site running.

The company said that customers can combine this deal with its current free line offer from Valentine's Day, letting them add a line to any T-Mobile ONE family plan and get another for free. T-Mobile's new offer will go live this Friday, February 23, and customers who purchase an eligible iPhone should see their rebate card arrive in the mail within eight weeks. Full details on the new deal can be found on T-Mobile's website, and the carrier is still running its BOGO iPhone sale as well.

Additionally, another deal is launching this Friday at T-Mobile, this one focusing on the Apple Watch Series 3. Anyone who purchases a model of Apple's latest smartwatch will be able to get another one for 50 percent off (up to $215, according to T-Mobile). The company didn't release any more details about the Apple Watch sale yet, so it's unclear which models and collections will be available for the BOGO deal. Once the sale goes live this Friday, we'll update this post with more information.

[​IMG]

Head over to our full Deals Roundup for more on the latest deals happening right now, today including an Amazon sale on certified refurbished 12-inch MacBooks from early 2015.

Article Link: T-Mobile Announces $200 Rebate Offer for iPhones and BOGO Deal for Apple Watch Series 3

2. ricktat macrumors 65816

Future comments re-cap:

T-Mobile is the bestest and leading the industry. Long live T-Mobile!!!!

T-Mobile sux in my area.

This is all

3. ACG12 macrumors 6502a

If I’m going to be locked into a two year contract, I should be getting a bigger discount than just a $200 gift card.

4. justperry macrumors G3

justperry

Don't like this attitude/thinking (No offence).

Reason, you pay everything yourself (Monthly bill is higher with free stuff), "they" DON'T give anything away for free.

5. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

Pretty sure T-Mob doesn't have contracts. Pay off the balance due on your phone and leave.

6. Wags macrumors 6502a

Too bad TMO doesn’t have more consist coverages

7. ACG12 macrumors 6502a

You can pay these off early when it’s bogo? I thought we’re locked in for 24 months, unless you want to pay off the other phone as well?

8. uberzephyr macrumors member

uberzephyr

That BOGO on the watch makes no sense. "Half off, up to $125". Well, the least expensive Watch Series 3 is $329, so that math doesn't really work out...

9. earthTOmitchel Contributing Editor

earthTOmitchel

Staff Member

Ahh thanks for pointing that out, it's meant to be $215 not $125. Brain scrambled the PR.

10. bruinsrme macrumors 603

bruinsrme

11. Westside guy macrumors 603

Westside guy

A good deal, if you are already in the market for a new phone (and are a T-Mobile customer). But I'm planning to stick with my 6S for a couple more years, at least - with a $29 battery replacement scheduled for early December. :D

12. misterc0w macrumors member

True, except that many times the discount either comes through bill credits or a Visa card that you have to wait 8 weeks for. If you cancel service before then the credits stop (since you don't have the service) or they probably don't give you the card.

13. jumanji macrumors regular

this still isn't as good at the ATT iphone x bogo but it's closer. i've been fine on tmobile but i think i'm going to jump on the bogo with att.

14. 69Mustang macrumors 603

69Mustang

This really doesn't matter. The TMob rebate is a MC prepaid card. Even if it's 8 weeks, you simply pay the required amount for two months, get your gift card, and pay off the rest. I don't see the downside here regarding the deal.

15. pdaholic macrumors 65816

pdaholic

This might sound like a weird question, but do you have to pair the watch with the same phone on the watch LTE plan?

The longer story: I have a personal phone on t-mo and a work phone on Verizon. I can’t purchase an LTE watch for my work phone. T mobile service on my personal phone doesn’t penetrate the huge building in which I work. So, best option for me would be to buy an LTE watch on t mobile with my personal phone account and pair it with my work phone on a Verizon account. Of course my goal is to have LTE active on the watch. Is it possible? Thanks!

Should also add for clarification that my company requires us to carry two work phones around, so carrying a third personal phone around is really annoying. Just trying to get rid of the personal phone while at work.

16. EdT macrumors 65816

EdT

Hmmmm.....almost but not quite.

17. CaneCollegeboy macrumors regular

Interesting i am considering upgrading my watch but wanted to wait for the series 4 to come out later this year. Depending on the deal this might make me change my mind

18. Allan iphone macrumors newbie

Allan iphone

The problem is T- Mobile has lousy coverage compared to At&t and Verizon

19. Miguel Gonzalez macrumors newbie

$200?? When that phone get : able to place a call with a voice command without unlock the screen, 2 : notification light, 3, F ID works an angle, 3: better picture then a Galaxy phone or pixel 2, 4:Siri works better the Google Assistant, 4: not to pay for ringtones,5:comes with a super charger ( we need to buy one , it is not included), 4: better screen pic quality then some Android's,5 : able to take a pic using Siri commands ( only opens the cam app but won't snap the pic),6: better notification, it just piles them up, not in order like Android's,7:add trust devices, 8,: able to watch videos better under direct sunlight,9, : fix that unresponsive screen ,10: when the day this thing will be durable. I had one for 2 months, worthless phone

20. WLS macrumors 65816

But you have to put the phone on a credit plan?? I can't just buy the Iphone 7 and get a $200 rebate? I ask because my credit score is locked for my protection.

21. mthomas184 macrumors 6502

mthomas184

I have no clue what you just threw together there, but ok. o_O

22. BasicGreatGuy Contributor

BasicGreatGuy

You can easily unfreeze your credit report for any amount of time you wish. Only takes a few moments.

23. democracyrules macrumors 6502a

Good deal for customers who are on the budget. T-Mobile is only good in metropolitan cities, not other areas. Their signal penetration is unbelievably horrible and the coverage is narrower than Verizon. Cheap price but with a lot inconveniences and hidden signal problems. Fortunate for those including myself who do not have to deal with T-Mobile and weak or no signals in buildings, basement and any type of buildings and able to have Verizon the best carrier with the widest coverage on the USA.

24. ASUgrad1999 macrumors regular

ASUgrad1999

Not sure how you can blame a guy for wanting an even better deal. I happen to agree with him. I got an ATT loyalty deal of $450 off an iPhone X for just signing a 2 year contract (no additional monthly costs). Now that was a good deal!

25. mrcobra92 macrumors 6502

Found the Verizon employee.