Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

oddnendz

macrumors 6502
Feb 6, 2007
Raleigh, NC
Contact Sprint and ask them if you cancel service now (less than a month out from your end date) would you incur an ETF, and hopefully you will get the same answer I did. I am also switching from Sprint to T-Mobile with a contract end date of 10/06/2013. When I contacted Sprint regarding what sort of ETF I would have to pay if I cancelled my contract before that date, I was told that if I waited until after 09/06/2013 there would be no ETF. I received this info via chat so I have the transcript for proof, and I do plan on verifying this one more time (via chat, so I have the transcript for proof) before activating my T-Mobile service.

I did let the agent know how unhappy I am with Sprint's service, not sure if that helped or not. :D

Good luck!

My sister did some more digging on the Sprint site and it looks like I can leave Sprint as soon as I receive the iPhone from T-mobile. Something about less than a month to go on the contract..

Apple Trees

macrumors 6502
May 28, 2013
Notice that T-Mobile and Sprint had to make the iPhone 5S/5C $0/$99 in order to boost sales for this release.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.