T-Mobile ONE Family Plans Will Include Free Netflix Subscriptions Starting September 12

Discussion in 'iOS Blog Discussion' started by MacRumors, Sep 6, 2017.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

T-Mobile today announced that its T-Mobile ONE family plans will come with free Netflix subscriptions beginning September 12, allowing plan members to stream Netflix content at no additional monthly charge. To qualify, users will need two or more paid voice lines on a T-Mobile ONE family plan, and if customers already pay for a Netflix subscription, the un-carrier will cover the cost of the standard price: "meaning you'll save nearly $120 every year."

[​IMG]

This means that users who take advantage of the offer will get Netflix's $9.99/month, 2-screen subscription plan at no additional cost.

The company is calling the new addition "Netflix On Us," and described it as a way for T-Mobile to tackle "one of the biggest customer pain points" in mobile networking contracts, which is bigger bundles at increased prices. T-Mobile said that while other carrier bundles are about including some features users want and some they don't, with the end goal of increased monthly prices, Netflix On Us adds a service that most T-Mobile customers already use at no extra cost.
    T-Mobile ONE customers with unlimited everything can also now add Netflix On Us, as well as customers with free lines from T-Mobile's recent "line-on-us" deals. To celebrate the new partnership, T-Mobile is launching a Twitter "meme-a-thon" tomorrow, September 7, where users will be able to enter to win smartphones, Netflix and T-Mobile swag, and BingeBoxes filled with "bingeing essentials" by responding to the company's Twitter account with Netflix show quotes, GIFs, and memes.

For more information about Netflix On Us, visit T-Mobile's website right here.

Article Link: T-Mobile ONE Family Plans Will Include Free Netflix Subscriptions Starting September 12

2. OldSchoolMacGuy macrumors 68030

OldSchoolMacGuy

Netflix will of course be limited to 480p rather than HD.

3. geoff5093 macrumors 68000

geoff5093

I'm glad some people will be qualified and excited to take advantage of this, but this was NOT the "biggest customer pain point" when it comes to wireless carriers.

4. Christian 5G, Sep 6, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2017

Christian 5G macrumors 6502a

Christian 5G

Promo T-mobile one won't work, so if you're paying <$120, we don't get it.

Screen Shot 2017-09-06 at 6.26.14 PM.png

5. GizmoDVD macrumors 65816

For Netflix 4k customers the $1.99 difference will show up on your TMO Bill.

6. benroberts3 macrumors member

Good luck getting the videos to load in big cities. And I can say this as a former T-Mobile user here in Chicago and then switching back to VZW. Massive difference in network quality.

7. djeeyore25 macrumors regular

djeeyore25

Great offer, but free Netflix isn't worth having a family.

8. GizmoDVD macrumors 65816

9. midkay macrumors member

10. AppleFan91 macrumors 65816

AppleFan91

Paying for Netflix is one of the “customers biggest pain points” I guess :rolleyes:

11. EdT macrumors 6502a

EdT

Move to rural Nebraska with T-Mobile. You'll love the absolute silence and lack of interruptions your phone will present you with.

12. powaking macrumors 6502

powaking

Wouldn't necessarily call it a pain point BUT 1 less bill is certainly nice gesture. Too bad I'm still on the 10gb 4 line $100 simple choice plan. Kind of hard to convince me to pony up an extra $60.

13. mthomas184 macrumors 6502

mthomas184

And my plan isn’t qualified for it

Not worth changing from 55+ to regular T-Mobile One.

14. DMaki650 macrumors 6502

DMaki650

They said if you have T-Mobile One + then you DO get HD and 4k and all that jazz.

Also to the people saying free. T-mobile wanted to make clear it's not free. They're paying the $9.99 bill. IF you go with the $11.99 plan then they pay the $9.99 and the other $2 is on your T-Mobile Bill.

15. AutoUnion39 macrumors 601

AutoUnion39

More gimmicks by T-Mobile. I can't believe people keep falling for this stuff...

2 Line Plan jumps from $100 (with autopay) to $120 (with autopay)

tl;dr? You're getting $10 of "free netflix," but they raised the plan cost by $20.

What a great uncarrier! We should all bow down to Legere!!

Single line users can't have it either.

16. ovo6 macrumors 6502

17. Zorn macrumors 6502a

Zorn

They were already offering HBO with their unlimited plan - which IMO is much better than Netflix these days. At least they have newer movies. Netflix is okay if you really love Orange is the new Black or random Adam Sandler movies. They are getting rid of everything else slowly.

18. darkarn macrumors 6502

I know I really need to sleep like now when I almost misread the O there as an A...

19. ghostface147 macrumors 68020

ghostface147

Maybe I'll switch over my parents from their current T-Mobile plan to this ONE plan and then have them use Netflix on their Comcast box.

20. Gjwilly macrumors 68030

Looks like they can for $70.

21. dominiongamma macrumors 6502a

dominiongamma

Can you log on from T-Mobile account on Apple TV?
    --- Post Merged, Sep 6, 2017 ---
    I get better coverage then Verizon

22. Andres Cantu macrumors 68030

Andres Cantu

And somehow people find ways to complain about free stuff.

23. democracyrules macrumors 6502

Agree with the above comment. I have experienced what the commentator noted. I am so glad to switch to the premium wireless carrier in the US, Verizon. T-Mobile keeps giving gimmicks to retain their customers from leaving them due to many inconveniences like weak or no signal outside metro areas, weak or no signal building penetration, narrow coverage, headaches during annual iPhone upgrade via Apple or the carrier themselves, etc. Verizon is like Apple, T-Mobile is like Samsung or android. Fortunate for those who can afford Verizon/ Apple Wireless, including myself.

24. soheilk macrumors member

As others have said, AT&T has been offering free HBO on their new unlimited plans for quite a few months now

25. EdT macrumors 6502a

EdT

Imagine that there is a bar in your town, and that they are advertising free beer until 2:00 this afternoon only. People in your town will have no problems getting there to take advantage of this offer. People 100 miles away might be able to make it there if they leave immediately, people who live farther than that get no benefit from this offer at all.

T-mobile seems to have good plans but very bad coverage, even in big cities, of the country. A 'good deal' that you can't take advantage of isn't a good deal. That is why people are complaining, especially if they get sold a plan that gives them very bad service.