T-Mobile ONE Unlimited Plan Gains HD Video and 10GB High-Speed Hotspot Data to One-Up Verizon

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Feb 13, 2017.

1. LessO2 macrumors regular

Ooooh! BURN!

2. armandxp macrumors 6502

armandxp

I left AT&T last Wednesday, after 10 years. They were raising their unlimited data plan another $5. I called and talked to them about retaining me as a customer, they pretty much said, bye bye....Everywhere I've used the T-Mobile service in central FL has been great! Better than AT&T. I truly believe them putting more money into their network to handle the congestion. Five years ago, I would have never switched, but now T-Mobile is always upping their game, for the customer!!! Love it!!!
    --- Post Merged, Feb 14, 2017 ---
    Even if you had device payment plans on your phones, T-Mobile would pay them off completely, as long as you went with a new device with them. That's what I did last week, and couldn't be happier. Can't wait to get my final ATT bill and see if they try to screw me somehow... :)

3. Anijake macrumors 6502

Anijake

Going to switch from my Simple Choice Unlimited with 5gig tethering to this, it is the same price and I get twice as much tethering. Plus Can/Mex.

4. joy.757 macrumors regular

5. Doomtomb macrumors regular

Doomtomb

10 year VZW subscriber. I'm saying good bye after this month is up. Tmobile here I come.

6. eroslws macrumors 6502

There's no throttling on T-Mobile, Sprint, or Verizon.

7. MacBH928 macrumors 68020

MacBH928

T-mobile says everything included in their prices and Verizon is the one that has extra fees like taxes etc
    --- Post Merged, Feb 15, 2017 ---
    Yes but I figured most people will not leave their cities except on vacation, so it wouldn't matter much since they will spend 90% of their lives at their home and work. I can see you opting for the Verizon option if you are a frequent flyer.

8. rluvbeach macrumors member

sounds like you have the same same setup with att that i have. I live in south florida and have been with att since they were cellular one (late 80's or early 90's).

that being said, I'm done with them, moving my wifes phone also as soon as the 2 lines for $100 plan is available. My wife has had a tmobile prepaid plan and has never had a problem.

9. Dmaynard83 macrumors 6502a

Dmaynard83

T Mobile doesn't throttle but they deprioritize. Thanks but I'll keep my VZW unlimited grandfathered plan.

10. Woodstockie macrumors member

Woodstockie

Not sure to go for it or not. Have a MetroPCS plan for 2 lines, $80 for 8GB each (which we both don't use up each month). I know MetroPCS is on the same network as T-Mo and it works totally fine for us where we are (sometimes it is too slow for movie streaming though). Question is does the $20 justify the jump to get unlimited data, better network priority, small other perks?

11. ejfontenot macrumors 6502

ejfontenot

I guess it depends if this change would get you to stream more than you do now. T-Mobile Tuesdays is fun also, I got free pizza this week.

12. Zobrien macrumors member

Zobrien

I have the Verizon unlimited plan, got it yesterday. I prefer to pay more to get bars in buildings. Many people I know can't get any signals in buildings using T-Mobile. Happy with my plan

13. pltv1046 macrumors newbie

Got grand father ATT, thinking going to Verizon. How hard is it to keep your old number?

14. Zobrien macrumors member

Zobrien

Not hard, they let me keep mine
    Also, from everyone else I know that has at&t they think in my area and most places they've been to verizon reception is better

15. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

That may have been the case in the past, but their service has been very much upgraded in the last few years. I have almost no issues at all. Certainly no more than I would have with any other carrier.

Something left out of the price factor is the T-Mobile Tuesday thing. I figure my husband and I have saved literally about $300 since they started on things like free movie rentals, free movie tickets to theatres, free food, and free Lyft rides. $300 is a pretty significant chunk of change!

16. E3BK macrumors 68020

E3BK

Thanks for this reminder and it should definitely be factored in. That Lyft credit every week is awesome.

17. T-R-S macrumors regular

T-R-S

I switched from AT&T last month to T-Mobile I live in San Francisco and I can say T-Moible speeds suck big time. I am saving about $20.00 per month but the speed is so bad.
    D/L 1.5 Mbps U/L 0.59 Mbps Ping 28ms
    AT&T was more expensive but the speeds were ore than triple.
    T-Moble has tons of dead spots at crazy locations like Geary & Divisidaro
    You get what you pay for

18. csurfr macrumors 6502

When I lived on 10th & Spruce I had a hard time getting T-Mobile Signal in my brownstone. I'm guessing that has all been fixed up there now? If so, I say do it. I had AT&T back when they were Cingular and left when I moved to Seattle. Glad I did.

19. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

Doing a bit of due diligence these past days I'm going to take a leap of faith and ditch my grandfathered ATT unlimited for T-Mobile tomorrow. I wasn't unhappy with my ATT plan or ATT but clearly now both TMob and Verizon offer more value for similar or same money. Also ATT not backing down from next month's $5 increase leads me to believe ATT is happy to hold the door as I walk.

I have an unlocked iPhone 7 and no contract so my game plan is to port over to T-Mobile, also no contract and no activation fee. Either they are going to be as sucky as the complainers say or beat my expectations. If it's the later I'm good to go. If it's the former I can always switch over to VZW's unlimited plan no $ lost. Seems like minimum risk, big reward on my end. At a minimum I gain tethering. If I stick with TMob I also get a lower monthly bill, an hour of GoGo inflight and plan included to low(er) cost international data. Don't give 2 bits for the HD video. I don't watch video on my phone other than short clips.

20. MsRandall macrumors 6502a

MsRandall

My son switched about 2 years ago to TMobile we live in the FF/Green Valley area. His service is good in cities but when we take a road trip - his service struggles. So I think he will port back to my Verizon since he was kicked off because he used all of our data.

21. apple_iBoy macrumors 6502a

I used to live at 7th and Pine. Small

22. Robdogg7734 macrumors newbie

Nope. One time opt in per line.

23. vbctv macrumors 6502

vbctv

I made the jump today from my simple Choice to this because of money savings. Plus I get unlimited on my iPad now also. But I was told one time switch for the HD video but you have to opt-in every month if you want the Kickback (where if you use less than 2GB data on any line you get $10 back). Also it seems they are future dating the new plan to your next bill cycle. So you stay on what your current plan is now until your next billing cycle. Even called 611 after store changed my plan and they told me they are future dating.

24. nj1266 macrumors 6502a

I activated my HD video via my app and later got a text message that HD video is active. My plan cost also dropped from 76.xx to 70 flat since I am not paying taxes anymore. It seemed to be immediate, but I was already on the regular ONE plan. Maybe that is why you got a different result.

25. vbctv macrumors 6502

vbctv

Yeah it's different for those of us coming from Simple Choice. They told me if you're on the One Plan it's right away. But on Simple Choice it's Future Dated...