Take a Guess - When will the new Apple TV be released?

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by TheDeviceUser, Oct 2, 2015.

1. TheDeviceUser macrumors 6502a

So, it's been around three weeks since the latest Apple TV was revealed, and we're now into October. So, I thought we could take a guess at when the new Apple TV will be released.

I think it's likely to be a friday, most Apple Products become available on this day. And we've been told 'Late October'.

So, when do you think the new Apple TV will be released? My guess is Friday 30th October, four weeks today. With preorders two weeks before.

2. recoil80 macrumors 68000

Friday is an educated guess, I'd say 23th October without pre orders and the Apple TV may be sold even in "second wave" countries on day one.

3. Menel macrumors 603

Menel

1. It's using last years parts, nothing fancy like sapphire glass, or major innovative technologies. There should be no reason to have a scarcity.
    2. Orders will be low compared to iPhone.

Thus, I bet they don't even bother with pre orders.

4. TheDeviceUser thread starter macrumors 6502a

I hope we get some warning of it, there may be a rush for the first batch which could lead to long shipping times. I'd like them to at least say 'Available on x date' rather than just dropping it.

5. CaptTCS macrumors regular

CaptTCS

Thats why I check the site a couple times a day.

6. Frankied22 macrumors 68000

Frankied22

Knowing Apple, when they say "late" they mean the last couple days. I am expecting the 30th

7. TrueBlou macrumors demi-god

TrueBlou

If I had to hazard a guess and obviously that's what it is :D I'd say it's going to be the 30th of October or 2nd of November. I doubt very much that there will be pre-orders.

8. 2010mini macrumors 68040

9. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

Probably either the 30th or since they also often do Tuesday releases I would say the 27th sounds reasonable. With apple late in the month means the last week if not the last day.

10. Benz63amg macrumors 68000

Benz63amg

when is the new Apple TV most likely to release?

11. OsloBergen macrumors member

Based on past releases I would say a Wednesday or Friday. Considering preorders are not available yet I would guess the last week of the month. But, really, what do I know.

12. dvdlovr24 macrumors 6502

13. CaptTCS macrumors regular

CaptTCS

My guess is that Apple is waiting for the ATV App Store to be populated with a decided upon (but not announced) number of Apps. When they have reached the number of Apps that they feel is reasonable for a launch, they will announce a delivery date (probably a Friday, 1-2 weeks out). I'm sure they just don't want people to take position of new Apple TV's, and then complain that there are hardly any Apps in the new App Store.

I'm guessing that they will announce on the 16th that the new model will be available on either the 23rd or the 30th.

I'm far from an authority on the matter, but that's my guess.

14. Wunderwally macrumors member

Wunderwally

15. iPhisch macrumors 6502

Probably shortly after the shareholders meeting (10/27), so like very late October.

16. StevenWalker macrumors regular

Thursday 29 October.

As per the Amazon sales ban date.

17. JoeShades macrumors 6502a

Amazon has no idea when the new Apple Tv is coming out, that is just a day the picked

18. StevenWalker macrumors regular

Of course major retailers know the launch date. They have to plan their logistics accordingly. They would be embargoed, and under a legal agreement not to divulge.

So reading between the lines of what they said, v's, what they can't say...we can deduce the launch date for ATV4 is 29 October 2015.

19. Menel macrumors 603

Menel

With them doing another round of dev units... Makes me think as far back as possible to give devs maximum time.

20. nylon macrumors 6502a

nylon

I wonder if there will be a second smaller Apple event later this month focussed on the Mac. Usually there are 2 fall events. The iPhone event and and a smaller Mac event. If there is, I expect that to be the launch date for the new Apple TV.

21. reptarwilleatu macrumors regular

reptarwilleatu

nope.

22. nylon macrumors 6502a

nylon

Ya, I'm not sure about it either. I don't work for Apple. Just speculating.

23. Butchie-T macrumors regular

My guess is.........NOT SOON ENOUGH!

Patience is a virtue wasted on me.

:cool:

24. campyguy macrumors 68030

25. FrederikTK macrumors member

FrederikTK

I believe it will launch the last thursday or friday of the month, available in all their markets from day 1 with no preorders.