Target Return Policy

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Virgo, Jun 25, 2011.

1. Virgo macrumors 6502

Virgo

Can anyone confirm that Target's return policy for the iPad 2 is 90 days? I know that it is 90 days for most merchandise, but is this true for the iPad 2 as well? Even if it has been opened/played with? I feel like there could be some kind of*

*excluding certain electronics such as iPads, blah blah blah...

So I'm pretty sure I'm getting one from there this week. This would be cool because that means after 89 days, if for some Godforsaken reason there are strong rumblings about an iPad 3 this fall, I can switch without taking a loss :). What do you think?

2. seamariners85 macrumors newbie

Yes, 90 days with receipt. When I returned my iPad 1 I just said it wouldn't charge correctly.

3. Virgo, Jun 25, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2011

Virgo thread starter macrumors 6502

Virgo

Amazing. No reason to buy from the Apple store with this kind of return assurance.

edit: Did you have to pay a restocking fee? On the site it says 15% http://www.target.com/Refund-Policy-Returns-Refunds-Help/b?ie=UTF8&node=13685491

Or because you said the item was defective they waived it?

4. Mad Mac Maniac macrumors 601

Mad Mac Maniac

A little bit of here and a little bit of there.
    Wow. Yeah that's what I was told when I bought mine. I couldnt believe it though. Good to know it's true. I have till 7/11 if I want to return it. But I'll only do that if I can get it at for $489 tax free. Thats what I will be able to get at a military base if they ever get iPad 2's

5. icstars989 macrumors member

Is this a new policy? It was only 14 days with my iPod last year.

6. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

7. Shasta McNasty macrumors 6502a

Shasta McNasty

I bought an iPad 2 and returned it to target for light bleed issues. No restocking fee or anything. They just said alright, made sure serial numbers matched and refunded my money. I bought another one at target and it has worse light leak than the first. I have until middle of august to return it if need be :)

8. TigerBabe macrumors 6502

Target is unfortunately one of the easiest places to return things FYI if your buying something make sure it's not used either.

9. docprego macrumors 65816

What concerns me about Target is this statement in their return policy; "All returns and exchanges must be new, unused, and contain all original packaging and accessories."

How could an iPad that you take out of the package be "new, unused"?

10. info macrumors member

info

I was told a while ago that an exchange was allowed at Target, but that they were not accepting returns. This was a policy that was unique to the iPad as insofar as all other electronics were concerned returns were allowed. I spoke to a supervisor to confirm that this was the case. Anyway, just double-check and maybe get a name.

11. seamariners85 macrumors newbie

I didn't pay a restocking fee. I was nervous that they may try to charge one but didn't. I used to work for a Target and am friends with a store manager, she was the one that told me to say I was having issues charging the device and there should't be a problem. Specifically I told them that when it would charge it would take a really long time to charge up and once it did the battery would run out quicker than specified and they didn't question it.

The CSR had to call over the front lanes supervisor because they ran out of cash after about $600. ;)

12. Blorzoga macrumors 68030

Blorzoga

90 days no restocking fee no questions. They just make sure everything's there. I returned one about two months after buying it. Just told them I didn't want it. No problem.

13. Irish Rose macrumors 65816

Target returned my iPad 1 that I had for 89 days for a full refund no questions asked so I could get the iPad 2 when it came out. Last month they also let me return the Verizon 32GB iPad 2 as it was not the one that I really wanted. Again, all they did is ask if there were any problems with it, and opened the box to make sure everything was there.... I really think it depends on the Target store that you go to as to what you will be told.

Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk

14. info macrumors member

info

Hi Rose, it's good to see you here! :)

15. Virgo thread starter macrumors 6502

Virgo

So I just bought it a few hours ago, 16 Black Wifi. I'm hyperventilating!! Not really. But now that I have it, I have no idea what apps to install! I need to look up a guide or something..

16. Irish Rose macrumors 65816

Congrats on getting your iPad 2. :) if this is your first experience with the iPad there are free iPad 2 guides in the app store that will show you around the device and help you get started.

17. kfscoll macrumors 65816

kfscoll

I returned my first iPad 2 to Target about 80 days after I bought it because of backlight bleed. No restocking fee and no problems getting a refund whatsoever.

18. Imsuperjp macrumors 6502

How many of ya are going to return your iPad every 89 days till the iPad 3 comes out?

19. kfscoll macrumors 65816

kfscoll

Ha. My "keeper" iPad 2 came from the Apple Store, so no more switcheroos for me. ;)

20. Virgo thread starter macrumors 6502

Virgo

Thanks! Been waiting for this since last year before it existed, lol. I got an iPad 2 guide thing free on iBooks. I know the basics of how to use it, but I'm sure there are so many hidden little things I'll want to do. My MacBook Pro has already breathed a big sigh of relief that it is finally getting a break :).

Haha would the 90 days actually start over after the initial return? If the iPad 3 isn't announced during my 90 days, I will keep this baby until the iPad 4 :cool:

21. slopokdave macrumors member

I returned my wifes about 45 days in, no questions asked and no restocking fee.

Now throughly enjoying our Asus Transformer.

22. Irish Rose macrumors 65816

I don't plan on it unless I find out for sure that the iPad 3 is definitely coming out in Sep/Oct.

Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk

23. Imsuperjp macrumors 6502

Well you would return it at 89 days then buy a new one so you would get a new 90 days. I don't plan on doing it, but can't say the thought hasn't crossed my mind

24. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

I really loathe you people who abuse return policies. You make things more expensive for the rest of us.

25. info macrumors member

info

Hmmm. Perhaps 88 days might be safer... :)