TDBank is supporting Apple Pay

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by Xiph0s, Oct 16, 2014.

1. Xiph0s macrumors regular

Macrumors,

This might be not news to some -- I kinda remembered Apple Pay was mentioned with TDBank but now confirmed!

My business checking account at TD Bank got locked for the millionth time because my business partner cannot remember a password for crap. I called the Business Checking hotline and the lady answered and said "How can I make your night better today" Something along those lines. I replied with "Supporting Apple Pay.." then I carried on with the conversation. When my account was unlocked I was forwarded to the management team to close up the issue. And she said "Sir, we are currently integrating with Apple Pay -- we are working on it".

Anyways, my account is unlocked and it looks like I'll have Apple Pay in the future! I think though -- they need to make their app less crappy then work on Apple Pay

But anyways...Monday...:apple:

2. Saif23 macrumors regular

Yes I have TD Bank also :)

3. shook187 macrumors member

TDBank is supporting Apple Pay

You Apple uses are a bit confused...Apple pay will be just like Google wallet pretty much every credit card would work.

4. bozzykid macrumors 68020

No, it is different in that it requires the bank issuer of the card to support Apple Pay. Google Wallet will work with any major credit card.

5. Fzang macrumors 65816

Fzang

6. DerekRod macrumors 6502a

DerekRod

Yeah you can't add any ol' card your bank will verify through some mechanism that it was in fact that you added the card and for that mechanism to work your bank has to support pay

7. thedeejay macrumors 65816

thedeejay

Wait wait what? Don't tell me TD will support US but not Canada. Absolute ********. It's called Toronto-Dominion Bank after all...

8. oddnendz macrumors 6502

oddnendz

Actually, it is MasterCard, Visa and debit cards from banks currently participating in Apple Pay. My sister has an Amex from one of the participating banks and she has been told it won't be available to use on the start date with Apple Pay. I have been kinda gloating about it. I have a Visa from the same bank.

9. caesarp macrumors 6502a

I'm not sure you received correct information:

"Not everyone is rushing to join the new payment service, however. A spokeswoman for TD Bank, a unit of TD Bank Group with more than 1,300 branches, said it was evaluating Apple Pay, but “at this time we don’t have any news to share.”

http://online.wsj.com/articles/apple-pay-draws-hundreds-of-banks-1413494238

I'm hoping they do (I have a debit card with TD bank). But it seems like if they do, it won't be right away.

10. sviato macrumors 68020

sviato

TD in Canada said it'll be "at least a year" till we get it. All 5 banks will resist for a while :rolleyes:

11. AngusW macrumors 6502

AngusW

Even though my bank was one of the first to sign onto ApplePay this might be another reason to switch to TD Bank now.

12. ethanwa79 macrumors regular

13. NellSounz macrumors member

NellSounz

My bank is TD Bank. I want to wait and see if Apple Pay is secure.

14. ethanwa79 macrumors regular

I can promise you that it'll immediately be more secure than your swipe and sign credit card. There is really no doubt about that.

15. NellSounz macrumors member

NellSounz

I hear you but I want to be safe and not sorry. It seems hackers find ways to get into what is suppose to be secure.

16. PitoMac macrumors newbie

Apple Pay

I am a TD Bank employee, and we haven't heard anything about apple pay and TD Bank NA. i do hope they implement it.

17. Xiph0s thread starter macrumors regular

Well it looks like they decided to use Apple Pay after evaluating it.

18. caesarp macrumors 6502a

What makes you say that? I'm not sure the word of one customer service person (reported by a macrumors person) means that much. I haven't seen anything on their site or any announcement. I even submitted the question via their site, and only got back radio silence.

I don't think TD Bank has made a decision yet, one way or the other about Apple Pay in the U.S.

----------

What? How can it not be secure, compared to handing over your credit card with all your numbers on it?

19. mantan macrumors 68000

Being as there are very few places that are ready to accept it off the bat, there isn't much to gloat about. By the time it gets adopted widely enough to be worth anything, she'll likely be able to use it to.

20. Xiph0s, Oct 20, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2014

Xiph0s thread starter macrumors regular

This is a rumor site, I'm reporting as to what I heard. What don't you understand?Everything on here isn't definitive until announced.

21. Toltepeceno Suspended

Toltepeceno

I use Navy Federal Credit Union in the US (for us purchases) and they are using it.

22. caesarp macrumors 6502a

Well I just tried to enter my TD Bank debit card in Apple Pay. No go.

23. Xiph0s thread starter macrumors regular

Yeah, the lady on the phone told me they are working on it. Not completed yet :)

24. Domdog31 macrumors regular

Yup also tried to enter my TD Bank debit card and no go, I was looking for an excuse to switch to BoA anyway, closer to my new house. Looks like ill be making a trip later this afternoon.

25. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

There are multiple posts here in several different threads about others not being able to use TDBank cards in Apple Pay.

Certainly the word of one low level customer service employee should over-trump all of those reports (Sarcasm intended) :rolleyes: