Tebowisms

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by dukebound85, Dec 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

My favorite I have come across lol

1) I tried to purchase candy bar for a buck but the clerk insisted the 4th quarter belonged to Tebow.
    2) The first Super Bowl was played in 21 B.T. (Before Tebow).
    3) Apple announced yesterday the release of its newest product: iTebow. It is so mobile that it refuses to be confined to a pocket.
    4) Tim Tebow, who art in Denver, winning be thy game. Thy gameday come, thy legs will run, and convert on 3rd and 7.
    5) Some magicans can walk on water, Tim Tebow can swim through land.
    6) Led Zeppelin gets a stairway to heaven. Tim Tebow rides an elevator.
    7) Tebow’s mother has a tattoo that says, “Son”.
    8) Tebow once urinated in a semi truck’s gas tank as a joke….that truck is now known as Optimus Prime.
    9) The NFL renamed the 2 minute warning, “Tebow Time”
    10) When Tebow wins the Superbowl, the White House will come to him.
    11) Death once had a near-Tebow experience.
    12) Mary throws Hail Tebows.
    13) Tebow got the Statue of Liberty to take off her clothes.
    14) Tebow knows the last digit of Pi.
    15) Tim Tebow won American Idol using only sign language

What do you have:)

2. Smileyboy macrumors 65816

Smileyboy

So what?! Get off your high horse...
    Back to regularly schedule programming.

He's an exciting dude to watch play football. You should start a new thread about the AFA...
    Back to tebowisms please....

3. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

That would be nice, but Tebow started the conversation about the AFA when he did an ad for them during the Superbowl. That cannot be ignored.

I love sports too and play hockey, but I would call out any hockey player who did the same.

4. cshearer macrumors regular

Since my other relevant post got deleted, I'll try to recall it as close to verbatim as I can.

You're right, let's leave religious banter aside.

The man can throw a pigskin, that's for sure. Although I hope these jokes don't make him lame like Chuck Norris' jokes did to him. What a sad story.

5. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

When Tebow leaves it aside, so will I. Until then, he has to deal with it.

6. Moyank24 macrumors 601

Moyank24

I'm with you Lee. I'm a huge sports fan - and I love a good story...But from the moment he aligned himself with that organization I've disliked him - and I'll continue to root against him.

And I find the gratuitous hype that surrounds him obnoxious. I'm sick of hearing about what a nice guy he is. Dude is a hater. End of story.

7. Smileyboy macrumors 65816

Smileyboy

8. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

And if people post things here about him and expect that to be ignored- sorry, not gonna happen. He started it, and he needs to own it, so do his fans. Very disappointed in MR for the earlier deletion of posts.

He may well be a fine football player, but he made the decision to inject himself into politics. He has to deal with that.

9. Smileyboy macrumors 65816

Smileyboy

10. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Hey- he made the decision to align himself with the AFA during an official function of the NFL, namely the Superbowl broadcast. He has to deal with the fallout. Anyone else would own that.

11. Moyank24 macrumors 601

Moyank24

The frustrating thing is that there doesn't seem to be a fallout - I'm tired of hearing about what a nice guy he is.

12. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

If he is aligned with the AFA, he's either misled or a jerk.

And apparently, given what just happened in this forum, we're supposed to overlook what he's done. I'm sorry, no other person would be given that privilege, and I thought MR was better than that. Nothing said here earlier was nasty or less than civil.

13. dukebound85 thread starter macrumors P6

dukebound85

Is he? I dunno how one can be so bad for 3 quarters and 13 min then just turn it on in the last 2 min. I credit the defense more personally as they have kept Denver in all of these games

Von Miller.....I WANT his jersey!

Another Tebowism....

When Tebow spikes the ball, he strikes oil

14. Smileyboy macrumors 65816

Smileyboy

Oh well... Surely posting here will make it all better. Back to tebowisims!!!

15. Smileyboy macrumors 65816

Smileyboy

16. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Duke- come on. You know what I'm talking about- you of all people.

He's not Chuck Norris, he's just a jerk.

17. Smileyboy macrumors 65816

Smileyboy

18. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Tim Tebow has aligned himself with the AFA during an official NFL function. If you want me to find their forum, tell him to keep their crap out of the NFL. Otherwise, it's a fair conversation to have. He got them involved in the first place.

If an NHL player got involved in the HRC, I would expect a similar conversation. And I would expect them to own it, not run away.

You seem to think that Tebow has nothing to answer for or defend.

19. Smileyboy macrumors 65816

Smileyboy

When tebow looks at Chuck Norris, Chuck Norris pees on himself.

20. Smileyboy macrumors 65816

Smileyboy

Start your own thread... Why high jack?!

21. dukebound85 thread starter macrumors P6

dukebound85

Of course I do and hence why I am trying not to discuss it.

I am not the one trying to turn this into a religious debate. Surely you can separate football from his "religion".

If Tebow was not 7-1 as the starter, then all this talk about him would be non-existant. End of story. Personally, his religion is of little matter to me. However, his performance on the Broncos is of interest as I live in Colorado.

22. Moyank24 macrumors 601

Moyank24

That's kind of the point, Duke. Because the guy has won some games, we're supposed to forget what he stands for? I'd be saying the same thing if he was 7-1 as a Jet.

Had he done a commercial funded by the KKK, I promise you this would be a different discussion.

23. Smileyboy macrumors 65816

Smileyboy

If Tebow saw leekholer in a alley... Tebow would pray for him...

24. SDColorado macrumors 65816

SDColorado

I live in Colorado as well, and I still don't really get the Tebow hype. I think the wins have a lot more to do with strong defensive play, a weak schedule and some luck, than they do with Tebow. But seems to always get the credit and the hype.

Look at this last game. Facing a Chicago team that is without Jay Cutler, Matt Forte, and Major Wright. The Bears are clearly a team in trouble and still almost won, had it not been for a mental error in the final seconds of regulation and a fumble in overtime by Marion Barber, combined with an amazing kick by Matt Prater. But no, it wasn't Praters awesome kick, Barbers goofs or another strong showing by the Bronco's D... it was "Tebow Time. :roll eyes:

The only really decent team they played so far has been Detroit... and how did that go?

Whatever.. I moved here from Pittsburgh and still bleed Black and Gold, so the Tebow fanboi's can believe what they want.

25. Smileyboy macrumors 65816

Smileyboy

Hey me too.. I'm from the Burgh. Black&Gold all the way... It's just amazing that the Broncos keep winning. I watch them every week now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.