Technique for 3D Touch for Keyboard Cursor

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Nimoy, Dec 23, 2015.

1. Nimoy macrumors member

One of the most useful features of 3D Touch is using it on the keyboard to move the cursor around. However, very often I can't seem to get this to work. Is there a particular technique or trick to activate it?

2. Vicrooloo macrumors regular

Yup. Press on a letter and then press harder

Again, press very lightly on a key so the pop up appears and then press harder and you'll be able to scroll.

3. tsang2320 macrumors demi-god

I always press places around 'h' to activate that. If the first time it doesn't work, don't rapidly keep trying to press it again. Slow down and be gentle.

4. eric3312 macrumors 6502

I actually do this a bit differently and can get it 95% of the time...press down a good portion of your thumb instead of just the tip. So, lay it flat across a few letters on the keyboard and press down.

It works for me at least

5. Nimoy thread starter macrumors member

Yes thank you. That's the trick. The first "press" should really be a regular light touch (a non-3D touch, touch if you will). Then a firmer press will activate it. The problem I had was that I was going in for a firm press right away.

6. HEK macrumors 68030

HEK

I like this thread. Ask a specific question, get several replys on techniques people use. Then finalizing response from OP acknowledging a solution implemented and working. Wonderful learning thread, helpful to the multitude.

image.jpeg