Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Telegram founder Pavel Durov today showed off a brief glimpse at Telegram's upcoming visionOS app, which is one of the first third-party visionOS app concepts that we've seen so far.

telegram.jpg

In the video, which is available on Telegram and was first noticed by 9to5Mac, the Telegram app has a translucent design that blends into the area surrounding it, which is the design language that Apple is using for visionOS.

The app has a sidebar that lists all of the available conversations that a user has going. Videos that are played pop out of the interface and become more immersive, while emoji characters take over the display and animate in unique ways when shared. Messages can be sent using a virtual keyboard or through dictation via Siri.

As with all visionOS icons on the Home interface, the Telegram icon animates and pops out a bit when it is visually selected, with the animation serving as a visual cue that the app is highlighted. A tap of the fingers launches the app, as the Vision Pro headset uses eye and gesture navigation.

Apple is expected to launch the Vision Pro in early 2024, which likely translates to during or before the month of April. We should soon be seeing many other third-party app visionOS experiences as the debut date approaches.

Article Link: Telegram Demos visionOS App

Bigkool2inSC

macrumors regular
Jun 14, 2023
Greenville, SC
If you got a $3500 headset and your buddy has a $3500 headset you can throw 💩💩💩 emojis at each other for free.

That’s the power of Apple Vision Pro.
I would like to correct you just a little bit..

"if you're stupid enough to buy a $3500 Vision Pro and you got a buddy who also stupid enough to buy one than, you can........."

Last edited:

till

macrumors regular
Dec 3, 2007
New York or Berlin
The kind of serious power user with $3500 who's genuinely excited about "spatial computing" doesn't want a bunch of distracting 3D garbage in their messaging app that's off to the side somewhere.

miiwtoo

macrumors member
Feb 26, 2018
c'mon guys, its an example, remember, visionOS is iOS on AR, nothing Pro right now, only the name, what do you expect, oh yes, you bought that name and think you can save the world 🤣

but you right in one thing, the price is INSANE and a JOKE,

alexandr

macrumors 603
Nov 11, 2005
11201-121099
I am pretty big apple fan with lots of apple items in the house and have been using them for years now..

This is one of those items that I feel like it is doomed to fail..

I just don't believe there is a market for it or will ever be one...
I say that about foldable phones. And while I couldn't care less about this product, I do think there will be huge demand for it.

jwdsail

macrumors 6502a
Mar 3, 2004

I mean, it could be worse?

You could be doppled into an anteater?

What, no MST3K fans here?

Anyone planning on tuning into the livestream Thursday? Or the Turkey Day Marathon?

Reactions: xARx2
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.