Tell me about your battery on the 6 Plus.

N e e k

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 15, 2011
It's sort of my decision to get it or not. Much better than the 5S? Same? I know the phone hasn't been out for a day yet, but maybe give me an idea.

Thanks

pragmatous

macrumors 65816
May 23, 2012
The battery on the 6 has been pretty amazing as well.

It's sort of my decision to get it or not. Much better than the 5S? Same? I know the phone hasn't been out for a day yet, but maybe give me an idea.

Thanks

Comment

Djentleman

macrumors 6502
Mar 8, 2012
UK
Sterling. Went all day yesterday with heavy use, and using it today and its only at around 20% now.

Comment

Steve686

macrumors 68040
Nov 13, 2007
US>FL>Miami/Dade>Sunny Isles Beach>Condo
After running the phone from 4pm-10pm and almost never turning it off, I still had 60% battery left after a 98%charge.

BT and WiFi both on. At least half the time on Safari with about 2 hours of music through beats wireless headphones.

Comment

Dulcimer

macrumors 6502a
Nov 20, 2012
Not sure. mine's too early to tell. It's still at 100% and with usage of 25 minute.
I usually am about 30 minutes of usage on my 5S and then it drops to 99
The problem with measuring how long it takes to drop from 100% to 99% is that the phone displays 100% even when it isn't completely charged. Apple made it this way because it's not good for the battery to be fully charged (for long periods of time). Users would keep their device plugged in forever to see that elusive 100% reading.

So the 100% reading represents a range of charge. If it wasn't like this, then users would almost never see a true 100% charged battery reading since the battery is designed to automatically stop charging and drain itself a little before recharging up again (and repeat).

So what you think of as 1% drain in 25 or 30 minutes is misleading.

Comment

N e e k

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 15, 2011
The problem with measuring how long it takes to drop from 100% to 99% is that the phone displays 100% even when it isn't completely charged. Apple made it this way because it's not good for the battery to be fully charged (for long periods of time).

So the 100% reading represents a range of charge. If it wasn't like this, then users would almost never see a true 100% charged battery reading since the battery is designed to automatically stop charging and drain itself a little before recharging up again (and repeat).

So what you think of as 1% drain in 25 or 30 minutes is misleading.
I see, thanks for the info.

Comment

pudcraft

macrumors regular
Sep 23, 2013
Houston
Mine came with 60% life. I haven't plugged it in yet. However it has been in use non stop including 2 hours of pandora during poker and at 40% now. Pretty impressed. Wifi and Bluetooth on entire time and on LTE. I Am coming tfrom a oneplus and this is enjoyable.

Comment

recklesslife85

macrumors 6502
Sep 17, 2012
Wales, UK
Pretty awesome to be honest, could not kill the thing yesterday. My old 5S would have been long dead. Big test today as im out all day at a wedding so 4G only.

Comment

spazma7ik

macrumors 6502a
Sep 12, 2009
I was able to kill mine pretty quick after unboxing (about 50%) as I downloaded about 25GB of music from Spotify over LTE and another couple GBs of apps all the while playing music for the hours it took to download. Never had to plug in while downloading all that though, pretty awesome.

Comment

MBHockey

macrumors 68040
Oct 4, 2003
New York
So is your comment.
Your initial comment simply belies your ignorance and -- because of the wealth of information available at your fingertips -- your laziness. It's well established why measuring a 100% to 99% drop as if it was a constant linear relationship is completely worthless. Three seconds of googling would have lead you to the rationale provided by SJim.

Comment

N e e k

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 15, 2011
Your initial comment simply belies your ignorance and -- because of the wealth of information available at your fingertips -- your laziness. It's well established why measuring a 100% to 99% drop as if it was a constant linear relationship is completely worthless. Three seconds of googling would have lead you to the rationale provided by SJim.
Haha. Who **** in your cereal?

Comment

Suspended
Mar 15, 2008
Today is my first full charge to drain test. It's not bad. Better than my 5S. I like being able to turn on airplane mode & WIFi and still get calls/text.

UPDATE: oops. Sorry. I wasn't paying attn to the title. I have the 6 not the 6+

IMG_0502.PNG

Last edited:
Comment

strausd

macrumors 68030
Jul 11, 2008
Texas
Seems pretty good so far with my usage. One thing I do miss about Android is showing screen on time. That is a far better way to determine "usage" as opposed to the "Usage" part in iOS settings. And from that on Android I would actually be able to get a decent view of battery.

Last edited:
Comment

ama0219

macrumors member
Oct 13, 2011
Greensboro, NC
Tell me about your battery on the 6 Plus.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411357633.795103.jpg

Pretty good I'd say. Much better than my android was.

I have 6 not a 6 plus. Reading comprehension fail.

Comment

andyACEcandy

macrumors 6502a
Feb 11, 2008
Just got the 6 Plus today and it came with 80% out of box around 12pm.

I have used it HEAVILY since then

Truth be told, I'm trying to drain the battery so I can cycle it through to 100%
I used GPS navigation for a solid hour. I've been downloading and using all my new apps. I've been taking pictures and videos just to see how they look. I've been surfing the web and social media sites. I've been texting heavily all day and night because I had dinner plans with a bunch of people tonight.

I know all of that sounds pretty normal, but I honestly haven't even put my phone down. My wife got annoyed earlier lol

Anyway, it's now 11pm and I'm still at 10%... So I've used about 70% battery after 11 hours of HEAVY usage.

Based on this first run-through, I have no doubt in my mind I'll be able to get 2 days of average use out of this phone... and I should never have to worry about my phone dying within one day.

Comment

jzj687

macrumors regular
Jun 7, 2007
My 6+ battery went from 100% to 63% with normal use for 7 hours and 52 min.

Is that considered good or bad?

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.