Telstra Ads for iPhone 4S, iPhone 5

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by arn, Oct 1, 2011.

1. arn, Oct 1, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2011

arn macrumors god

arn

Staff Member

So posting these here, and not on the site, because I can't believe these are real or based on knowledge. But it should keep some hope alive for those who really want to believe.

Originally posted to http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-replies.cfm?t=1784092&p=20

Note it's in the style of real Telstra ads:
    [​IMG]

thanks @ma_ttie, brock and rodney

Attached Files:

2. ap3604, Oct 1, 2011

ap3604 macrumors 68000

Thanks for posting these Arn :)

Keeping hope alive!!! :D

Edit: Btw who in the hell would -1 arn?! You do know he is the man behind this whole forum... :p

3. arn thread starter macrumors god

arn

Staff Member

here's last one

Attached Files:

4. Nachoconqueso macrumors regular

5. AIP5 macrumors 6502a

Hey Arn!
    So, I'm curious, what's your reasoning for thinking it'll only be 4S? It's pretty clear to me that they're releasing both. The iTunes evidence is just more evidence that they'll release a 4S and a 5. Because why wouldn't you name your 5th generation iPhone running A5 on iOS 5 the iPhone 5?

What do you think of my theory: If Apple was only going to release a 4S, wouldn't it have used legit news sources like The Loop or AllthingsD to shoot down all the hype going on about iPhone 5, to make sure they don't disappoint come Oct 4th? (Kinda like how they did with shooting down Sept 7th announcement rumors, and the whole no new hardware in WWDC 2011).

6. tahoeroscoe macrumors regular

tahoeroscoe

7. Reach9 macrumors 68020

Reach9

I don't understand this. There are so many conflicting reports, but who would waste so much print by posting these if they weren't genuine?

But great find regardless, it gives me hope for an iPhone 5.

8. The Californian macrumors 68040

The Californian

Kinda makes sense.

9. cdd543 macrumors 6502

cdd543

Indeed it is and they claim they will sell dual mode LTE/HSPA + devices.

10. Pink∆Floyd, Oct 1, 2011

Pink∆Floyd macrumors 68020

Pink∆Floyd

11. TSX macrumors 68030

TSX

I doubt Steve jobs would put his name on a ad.

12. troop231 macrumors 603

Me too, so sick of these BS iPhone 4S only rumors.

13. Bkfraiders7 macrumors member

Looks like 4S for prepaid and 5 for Contract to me

14. mikethebigo macrumors 68000

This was my theory as well. Apple usually "leaks" important information to people like Walt Mossberg to manage expectations. That has not been done here. In fact, they seem to be reveling in the rumor mill grinding into such a fervor. They would not allow this to happen unless they had the goods to back it up. Expect a 4S and a 5.

15. Frenchjay macrumors 68000

Frenchjay

Click on website get money. Simple as that. I'm not sure if this is true but some of the articles are clearly click bait. I don't see how carriers would be able to post information regarding an unreleased device which remains a closely guarded secret. Wouldn't the company in question get in trouble for releasing this info?

16. AIP5 macrumors 6502a

17. wurt macrumors member

Wouldn't companies "prepare" for both possible outcomes? Have material ready for either iphone 5 or 4s just in case one or the other comes out (or both).. think NBA Finals T-Shirt makers

18. Nachoconqueso macrumors regular

So one outcome is a prepaid phone and the other outcome is a 4G iPhone 5? That makes no sense.

19. timeimp macrumors newbie

Legit Telstra

This style is part of Telstra's entire new campaign. It's perhaps one of the biggest changes since the early 2000s, with NextG and alike.

Regarding the quirky iPhone messages, chances are, they may well be an 80% chance of being real. But then again, some people do mockups really REALLY well.

Here's to an iPhone 5!

-timeimp

(I do not work for Telstra).

20. wurt macrumors member

Ah, you have a point. I missed that bit about pre-paid in the ad.

21. KBS756 macrumors 6502a

hopefully this goes along with the idea that apple will be going for the cheaper market as well soon

just hoping because i wanna see a 4 inch screen iPhone 5 with a couple changes

and also ... id think if there wasn't a 5 coming out the 4S would be called the 5

22. jjayoen macrumors newbie

These ads are definitely fake.

First up, the colours Telstra are using for their campaign are all pop colours (not dull colours like the green, maroon and moss ones shown in the last 3). If you go on their Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/Telstra) there are 6 images along the top which show the colours they are using.

Secondly, the person who made these did not pay enough attention to detail to Telstra's ads. As noticed in the real ad shown (and observed in all other real ads) there are stripes, two stripes on either side and a large one in the middle. The colours of the stripes always go from lightest to darkest (like on a colour gradient), however in the fake ads, the colours go from light to dark then back to light.

23. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

They're fake.

Telstra and all carriers cannot use "iPhone" without appropriate capitalisation and branding. Apple have very strict rules about it.

The Steve Jobs one is particularly poor.

24. Marli macrumors regular