temp thread 2

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mediaprodguy, Jun 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mediaprodguy macrumors member

this thread is stupid - "camp outs" ??? come on - get real.......

apple isnt known for "running short" on supply....... be

2. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

guess you never went to a store opening... :D

3. Mac-Addict macrumors 65816

Mac-Addict

Just order online, I really think there wont be a shortage.

4. lilnyc macrumors 6502a

lilnyc

I'm in Times Square (NYC), so I may go to the Apple store or the Times Square location. Not sure yet.

5. Eric1285 macrumors 6502

Dude, stop posting the same thing in every thread, because I'm just going to have to correct you in every thread. It's almost fact, there will be a shortage of iPhones. If you don't believe it, try and get one, cause it ain't gonna happen.

I'll be camping out at one of the AT&T stores on Route 1 in Jersey, not sure which one yet.

6. Shamingo macrumors member

How long are you planning on camping Eric? I'm trying to figure out if 1 day afternoon of 28th will be enough?

7. Eric1285 macrumors 6502

I have work until 7 usually, but I'll try and get out early on the 28th. I'll definitely drive by as many AT&T stores as possible during my lunch break to get an idea of how early I might need to be there. Hopefully 6-7PM should be good enough.

8. Shamingo macrumors member

Ok, I'm debating whether or not to do something during the day to celebrate my birthday (28th) and go later in the afternoon of the 28th or to just say screw it and waste my whole birthday camping out.

9. SilentPanda Moderator emeritus

SilentPanda

Sometimes camping out even though you don't have to is fun in itself.

10. StrayRooster macrumors member

I live around your area, Shamingo.

I'll be camping out at the AT&T store in West Dundee. It's a pretty small store kinda in a low-population area, and it's the one of the only corporate store in the northwest suburbs, so I should be able to pick one up easily there.

But, I could also go to the Apple store in Woodfield mall in Schaumburg, to get the full experience. But that place is gonna be a madhouse.

11. StrayRooster macrumors member

At Oakbrook, I would say that you might need to show up early on the 28th. Especially at an Apple store.

12. neven macrumors 6502a

When Radiohead's Kid A came out, the local record store (we had records stores back in those days!) did a midnight sale event. I went and spent about an hour waiting in line with about a dozen other Radiohead fans. We talked music, shared what we knew about the album, and had a nice time overall. I could've gone in to get the album in the morning, but this was more fun, and I got to listen to the album at 1 am on the way home.

Coming home with my iPhone on Friday morning will be fun even if I don't have to do it.

13. Shamingo macrumors member

Ok, well when you figure out exactly what you're going to do, you should hit me up. I'd like to have some backup somewhere. Some guy threaten to kill me for my PS3 at the launch and if it wasn't for a few of my friends there, I'm sure I would've been. Also, what's the address of that AT&T store? I'll map it out and see what happens, maybe I'll go there.

14. StrayRooster macrumors member

I'm planning on showing up early morning Thurs., but I'll drive by Wed night to make sure there isn't anyone already there. If there are people there Wed, looks like ill be there Wed night.

I have a couple of other people definitely coming with, because that area has a pretty high success rate of getting launches (e.g. PS3, and Wii, everyone in line got one) because of the lower population.

But, I'm torn because I think buying one at an Apple store will be waaay more fun.

15. elephunkman macrumors 65816

This is my fav thread around this time for WWDC.

16. azsprty macrumors 6502

17. GFSarah macrumors regular

GFSarah

Wow! What an old thread! I'd love to take part in a campout, as was the original topic of this thread, there is ... um ... concern for safety after dark in the area where my AT&T store is located. :( My desire for camping out has nothing to do with any possible shortage of iPhones, but rather that I think it might be fun to meet up & interact with fellow iPhone enthusiasts. In "real life" I don't really know anyone else with my level of, shall we say "devotion" to iPhone & Apple stuff. I went to wait outside my AT&T store last year for the 3GS about 30 or 45 minutes before the doors opened and I must admit, it was very nice to meet a few people who would certainly be deemed as crazy as me. The forums are great, but there's just something about sharing tips, tricks, etc. with others face to face. If it could be made safe, I think an overnight campout with such people would be a lot of fun. Yes, I'm a nerd.:eek:

18. Nrwrit3r macrumors 6502a

28th? is this confirmed?

19. elephunkman macrumors 65816

haha this is a thread revival. His post was 3 years ago.

I revived this thread because I was googling camp outs and stuff and this came in my search results.

I camp out every year, because 1) The Apple store near me is in a suburban location, funny how the store is called suburban square and 2) Really fun to meet people in lines.

20. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 601

Knowlege Bomb

I'm almost in the same situation, minus the unsafe area part.

I've never camped out before but I'm thinking about doing it this year (I work 3p - 11p so it would work out great for me). Like you, I know nobody else with near as much interest in Apple/iPhone.

21. Iphoneness macrumors 6502

Iphoneness

Green Hills Apple Store in Nashville! I'm guessing I'll just have to go by the store and check every once in a while a couple days before launch to see what it looks like(about 20 minutes from me) and when there are a couple people camping out I'll go ahead and jump in line. Although I'm still considering just ordering online. I've camped out for the past 2 iPhones.

22. elephunkman macrumors 65816

I camp out 6 hours prior every year so far. My number in line have ranged from #2-21. This year, I might go a bit early to go to ihop to eat haha. I usually bring my phone, a jacket, backpack to hold goodies and drinks, and usually a switchblade or mace for defense just in case.

23. Vinnie Madrox macrumors 6502

Vinnie Madrox

Hey Eric, let me know what store you will be at and i'll stop by and say hi for a while. I'm unemployed so i have a lot of free time on my hands LoL

24. Goaliegeek macrumors 6502a

Goaliegeek

I'm gonna order online then pick it up at Apple Store (Littleton, CO). Then I'm gonna get to the store like 4 hours before they open and sit out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.