Terrible panoramas on iOS 10.2.1

Discussion in 'iOS 10' started by VinW, Mar 6, 2017.

1. VinW macrumors newbie

Hello,
    Just before leaving on holidays, I updated my iPhone 6S to iOS 10.2.1
    Today, I realized with horror that the panoramas are buggy as hell: horrible stepping and impossibility to have a proper horizontal horizon line when shooting on the sea, with or without sunsets.
    Without any correction, this means that all of my holiday panoramas are ruined!
    I am in the Caribbean now, with poor WiFi access and no idea how to proceed.
    >> Am I the only person experiencing this?
    Please note that before that update I had no issues and my panoramas were perfect. That is why I hadn't upgraded the os since months...
    What a terrible experience:(
    >> do you know if there are other apps I could use for panoramas to replace Apple's buggy one?

Thanks!
    --- Post Merged, Mar 6, 2017 ---
    IMG_6585.JPG Here is a super lightweight (76k) version of one of the sunsets I tried to do tonight. As I said: I've been doing panoramas since 2011 and never had such issues!
    IMG_6586.JPG Here is another one: iirc I tried that one from right to left...
    One more, taken yesterday : and no, I am not shaky, and I did several attempts perfectly following the horizon line IMG_6587.JPG

2. casperes1996 macrumors 65816

casperes1996

Well, I'm personally on the iOS beta program and running the latest beta, so can't say if it's the same for all on 10.2.1, but I can say that it behaves as it's supposed to on 10.3

3. VinW thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks! But now I just did a test inside a house and it worked fine.
    So I am wondering if the behavior is not linked to the nature of the subject: sea with waves behaving in an unstable way versus fully static objects.
    But the thing is I had done numerous seascapes panoramas before updating and had never had such odd behaviors.

I hope that some of the beta testers are in locations where they can do similar shots.

4. casperes1996 macrumors 65816

casperes1996

Can you upload one of the panoramas that came out weird? I can't exactly go to the sea, but I can try with some shots of running water and stuff like that. There's a river nearby. Not the same at all, but best I can do