Tested Battery after JBing

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Jnardis, Aug 5, 2010.

1. Jnardis macrumors 6502a

So I tested my battery for the past 5 days and here are the results:

I charged my battery to 100% each night before bed. The first two nights the phone was NOT JB. After 8 hour so standby time and 3 min of usage I had 99% battery life when I woke up. Both nights didn't pass 3 in of usage.

After JB on Tuesday and installing the following apps (bitesms, sbsettngs, my3g and shrink) I know wake up with 93% battery with 40 min of usage and 8 hours of standby. I turned everything off just like how it was before I JBing. The phone was set up the same exact way each night.

I guess my questions is where is the difference coming from between the 3min of usage to 40 min of usage over night while I'm sleeping. I was fine with 3 min even though I didn't touch the phone once I unplugged it from the charger, but 40 min is pretty steep IMO.

2. hexonxonx macrumors 601

I was noticing that as well on my iPhone 4. The usage was several hours when I would only use it to check a few things and read a few email messages.

I've restored my 4 as a new phone and after 3.5 hours, the battery is still at 100% after jailbreaking. I haven't added any of my purchased Cydia apps in yet but I'm about ready to now that I know the problem isn't the jailbreak itself.

I had iBlacklist and MyWi and My3G installed so it was likely one of those for me.

3. Jnardis thread starter macrumors 6502a

So ar eyou saying that JBing isnt what's making the usage increase, but it's one of the apps we downloaded? I would agree with that.. The only app that we both had was My3G so I would assume there's something running in the background even when everything is unchecked?

4. hexonxonx macrumors 601

It's definitely one of the apps. Screen cap is with only the jailbreak and nothing else installed.

Attached Files:

5. Jnardis thread starter macrumors 6502a

I just uninstalled My3G. I will test it now. How do you get that screen shot on the computer?

6. ZenoVT macrumors regular

to perform a print screen on your phone just press the home button + lock button at the same time then let go.

7. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Image Capture on a Mac or the Camera Wizard thing on a PC (forget what it’s actually called, but it comes up when you hook up the iPhone via USB).

My JB of the iPhone 4 has had no affect on battery life whatsoever.

8. esadb macrumors 65816

esadb

Take a screenshot with your phone (Home button + power button, short press on both at the same time) and then email it to yourself lol? You can also get the photobucket app and upload straight to photobucket.

Also look into SbSettings.. Usually with that OpenSSH gets install and it gets enabled by the default.. You might not see a switch in sbsettings, even tho its enabled under the Switches settings for it until you go into cydia and actually download the switch..

Give that a try im quite curious about this, im gonna keep an eye out on this thread.

9. Jnardis thread starter macrumors 6502a

10. esadb macrumors 65816

esadb

11. Jnardis thread starter macrumors 6502a

12. esadb macrumors 65816

esadb

13. BigKyle macrumors member

14. Jnardis thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks guys. Just turned it off. So what did this exactly do? SSH is for? Will I ever need to turn it back on?

15. tttexxan macrumors 6502a

I have the 4g jB and use SBSettings, My3g, Mywi, Lockinfo and uwatch. Fully charge at 100% when going to bed and woke up with 100%.

16. aelalfy macrumors 6502a

So you are not charging overnight at all and wake up with 100%? So is your phone dead? or not using ANY charge whatsoever? I mean keeping the phone in standby for 8-10hours overnight will drain your battery atleast 3-5%.

SO OMG OMG please share your secret sauce? cuz its magical to me!!

Later
    AE

17. nospeed411 macrumors 6502a

Yeah I was having same issue...turned it off seems better. What does it do ?

18. ichiban06 macrumors regular

my Iphone 4(Pre Jailbroken) would still be at 100% after 9 hrs on standby.

Attached Files:

19. esadb macrumors 65816

esadb

20. esadb macrumors 65816

esadb

21. tttexxan macrumors 6502a

Nope I am not charging overnight. Infact one of the first things I looked at was the percentage drain and very suprised staying at 100%. I could not tell you why. I was expecting it to drop.

22. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

I was having this issues before jailbreaking, my overnight usage was on the 35min range every night.

23. CooKieMoNs7eR macrumors 68000

CooKieMoNs7eR

My battery is draining a lot quicker now that my phone is jailbroken, what you guys think is my3G and mywi causing this, should I delete them since I'm not using them?

24. ulbador macrumors 68000

ulbador

Springflash did it for me.

I initially had this mapped to "hold" on the status bar. Well, I was playing a game and somehow, with the currently buggy Activator, the light came on. Of course I failed to notice it and the light was on for 10 or 15 minutes (and WOW did it get hot).

Unmapped it in Activator and forgot about it.

Flashforward, my phone has been draining at a pretty good click for the last couple of days. Logged into my iPhone via SSH and behold:

32 ?? Ss 0:00.02 /usr/bin/springflashd

Springflash installed a daemon. Uninstalled it, and the battery which has been draining quickly all day (80% after barely any use) is now holding steady.

If you are having serious problems, log into your phone with MobileTerminal or SSH and PM me the results from the command 'ps ax', without the quotes. Although it's not always indicative, often this is enough to tell what is killing it (assuming it's not just overreaction)

25. Jnardis thread starter macrumors 6502a

I turned off SSH through the "more function" on SBSettings and it seems like my battery is holding up a little better.