Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

what2be

macrumors newbie
Nov 11, 2020
Is the card in Slot 4 (the one closest to SATA Bay 4)?

Did you try the unmodified SSDT provided in post #1 of the OpenCore thread? That one worked for me.

Are you positive that you enabled the SSDT in your OC config file? Maybe attach your OC config for the experts to look at (I am not one of them).
Yes slot 4, it shows up in the pci devices fine. And i will try the unmodified SSDT and report back. Attached is my config.plist file as well.

Attachments

• configplilst.pdf
    135.2 KB · Views: 107
  • PCI Devices Thunderbolt.png
    PCI Devices Thunderbolt.png
    141.4 KB · Views: 180

KevinClark

macrumors 6502
Feb 28, 2019
Try This Works great for me

Attachments

• MacPro OpenCore 0.9.0 Avril 2023 (SSDT On Sip Enable).zip
    8.4 MB · Views: 144

trifero

macrumors 68030
May 21, 2009
I too see Gigabyte and not apple, this is the case when using OC or OCLP. But I do see my QNAP NAS when plugging a TB3 cable in, I just cant connect to it. I have tried both the SSDT that martin provides as well as making my own SSDT via your tutorial using OC. This is my second Gigabyte Titan Ridge 2.0 card. I had originally bought a unmodified Gigabyte Titan ridge card and programmed it myself and when I couldnt get it to work I bought another one pre programmed and neither work, neither will show "apple" as the mfg, rather, both say "gigabyte". Suggestions?
Thunderbot ports on TitanRidge workn only with few hardware. Barely 3 or 4 that are worthy. But it´s ab excellent Usb 3.2 port.

7ecapilot

macrumors newbie
Mar 22, 2023
I have this same issue with an elgato Thunderbolt 3 Dock. I have an NVME in a USB 3.1 enclosure and other peripherals that attach and work perfectly when directly connected to the Titan Ridge (v1). But, my elgato Dock does nothing. It would be nice to use to daisy-chain TB3 or USB-C.

Dang... I keep thinking of other stuff to include:
MacPro 5,1 6 Core 3.46Ghz, 64GB RAM, RX6600XT
2TB NVME in PCIE slot 2
Inatek USB 3.0 PCIE slot 3
Titan Ridge v1 in PCIE slot 4
I took a chance and bought a used CalDigit TS3 Dock. I can confirm that, with the appropriate CalDigit driver, the TS3 works with the Titan Ridge (non v2.0) TB3 PCIE adapter. I am using OCLP 0.6.2 and OC 0.9.0. I used the instructions here and everything seems to work fine. I have to hot plug the dock when the computer goes to sleep, so, disk drives might be a little bit of a problem. But, it is nice to have a Thunderbolt dock that will work with my Mac Pro 5,1.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-04-11 at 2.05.29 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-04-11 at 2.05.29 AM.png
    271.6 KB · Views: 123

trifero

macrumors 68030
May 21, 2009
I took a chance and bought a used CalDigit TS3 Dock. I can confirm that, with the appropriate CalDigit driver, the TS3 works with the Titan Ridge (non v2.0) TB3 PCIE adapter. I am using OCLP 0.6.2 and OC 0.9.0. I used the instructions here and everything seems to work fine. I have to hot plug the dock when the computer goes to sleep, so, disk drives might be a little bit of a problem. But, it is nice to have a Thunderbolt dock that will work with my Mac Pro 5,1.
Whats a "Titan Ridge (non v2.0) TB3 PCIE adapter"?

7ecapilot

macrumors newbie
Mar 22, 2023
Whats a "Titan Ridge (non v2.0) TB3 PCIE adapter"?
Sorry for not being clear. The Titan Ridge that I have is this one:
It is listed as "rev 1.0"

Reactions: trifero

7ecapilot

macrumors newbie
Mar 22, 2023
Out of curiosity: Could you explain what you mean by this?
So, when the computer sleeps the CalDigit TS3 seems to disconnect and can no longer be found with the CalDigit Utility. Disk drives or USB devices don't re-register once the TS3 disappears (first screenshot). If I disconnect and then reconnect the TB3 connector, then the dock shows up again (second screenshot). This also happens after a restart or. power cycle of the system. So, there maybe something going on with the AML (AIC?). I need to mess with this a little more. Seems like disks won't reconnect after the "hotplug" exercise. At the moment, my only solution is to reinstall the driver, but that seems like too much of a blunt instrument.

Attachments

• TS3_connected.png
    TS3_connected.png
    73.2 KB · Views: 62
  • TS3_disconnected.png
    TS3_disconnected.png
    68 KB · Views: 61

cdf

macrumors 68020
Jul 27, 2012
So, when the computer sleeps the CalDigit TS3 seems to disconnect and can no longer be found with the CalDigit Utility. Disk drives or USB devices don't re-register once the TS3 disappears (first screenshot). If I disconnect and then reconnect the TB3 connector, then the dock shows up again (second screenshot). This also happens after a restart or. power cycle of the system.
Interesting. This seems to be the same issue that affects the LG UltraFine 5K. I bet olá could solve this!

7ecapilot

macrumors newbie
Mar 22, 2023
Well, this all seems to be a bit random now. I put the computer to sleep, waited 15 mins and then tapped a key and saw, as expected, my disk drive had disconnected. But, this time, doing the "hotplug" thing, the disk drive reconnected. Strange. It wasn't able to reconnect in earlier tests. Anyway, I may have to prevent the computer from sleeping. That makes my cMP a little power hungry, but should prevent the dock from disonnecting.

Also, I've surmised that I must perform an NVRAM reset to get any device connected to the dock to reappear. After a straight reboot (no NVRAM reset) The Titan Ridge shows up in System Information and the TS3 Dock will appear both in the CalDigit app and System Information, but any device that gets plugged in afterward doesn't register. I'm kind of assuming that the AML isn't reloading or clearing out cruft on a straight reboot. I've included my config.plist in case someone want's to see what is being loaded with OpenCore.

Attachments

• TS3_disk_disconnect_sleep.png
    TS3_disk_disconnect_sleep.png
    36.8 KB · Views: 58
  • config.plist.zip
    9.1 KB · Views: 55

dfiore

macrumors newbie
Apr 21, 2023
Hello,

I am not sure if i am having an issue or not :)

I don't have any additional thunderbolt accessories to try (Sonnet 2x DP -> Thunderbolt Adapter will show display on 1 port)

The bus doesnt appear to initialized. I would like to order some TB accessories (dock / nvme drive cage) but want to ensure i can get the card working before hand.

Any help would be appreciated.

Specs:
  • MacPro 5,1
  • 2x E5620
  • 32GB 1066 ECC
  • RX 580 8GB
  • Titan Ridge v1 (flashed to NVM23-E64f)
  • Ventura 13.3.1
  • OCLP 0.6.4 (SSDT added and enabled via config.plist)
Notes:
  • I am able to see the card in System Report > PCI (Listed as Intel JHL7540 Titan Ridge Thunderbolt 3 NHI) and the associated USB 3.1
  • Devices plugged into USB 3.1 Work (Logi 4k Cam)
  • Monitor connected via USB C cable to TR card works as expected and shows Thunderbolt/Displayport in System Report > Graphics Settings
  • Thunderbolt/USB4 shows "No drivers are loaded"

KevinClark

macrumors 6502
Feb 28, 2019
Hello,

I don't have any additional thunderbolt accessories to try (Sonnet 2x DP -> Thunderbolt Adapter will show display on 1 port)

The bus doesnt appear to initialized. I would like to order some TB accessories (dock / nvme drive cage) but want to ensure i can get the card working before hand.

Specs:
  • MacPro 5,1
  • 2x E5620
  • 32GB 1066 ECC
  • RX 580 8GB
  • Titan Ridge v1 (flashed to NVM23-E64f)
  • Ventura 13.3.1
  • OCLP 0.6.4 (SSDT added and enabled via config.plist)
Notes:
  • I am able to see the card in System Report > PCI (Listed as Intel JHL7540 Titan Ridge Thunderbolt 3 NHI) and the associated USB 3.1
  • Devices plugged into USB 3.1 Work (Logi 4k Cam)
  • Monitor connected via USB C cable to TR card works as expected and shows Thunderbolt/Displayport in System Report > Graphics Settings
  • Thunderbolt/USB4 shows "No drivers are loaded"
Hello you just need to put the SSDT - TBOLT3.aml file in EFI/OC/ACPI unzip the file I send you
then open your config plist with Opencore configurator and enable SSDT in ACPI save and restart you will get an automatic reboot

Attachments

• SSDT-TBOLT3.aml.zip
    1.3 KB · Views: 81
Reactions: JedNZ

dfiore

macrumors newbie
Apr 21, 2023
No luck

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-04-21 at 10.58.38 AM.png
    Screenshot 2023-04-21 at 10.58.38 AM.png
    71.6 KB · Views: 86
  • Screenshot 2023-04-21 at 10.58.48 AM.png
    Screenshot 2023-04-21 at 10.58.48 AM.png
    108.9 KB · Views: 89

bookemdano

macrumors 68000
Jul 29, 2011
Did you have the card working properly at any time before? Like were you previously running Monterey or any other macOS release with the card installed and were able to see it populated in System Report > Thunderbolt?

Did you flash the card yourself or buy it pre-flashed?

cdf

macrumors 68020
Jul 27, 2012
Hello,

Do you have a jumper for FORCE_PWR on the THB_C header?

dfiore

macrumors newbie
Apr 21, 2023
If it helps, I have also done the Pixlas mod and have both mini6 - 6 pin cables going to the TitanRidge

cdf

macrumors 68020
Jul 27, 2012
This might give us a clue: Have you done the WAKE# resistor mod? And if not, does sleep work with your Logi 4K webcam connected?

dfiore

macrumors newbie
Apr 21, 2023
I don't believe so. I backed up and flashed the firmware, did the pin 3-5 short and installed in slot 4.

It does not wake up from sleep

cdf

macrumors 68020
Jul 27, 2012
It does not wake up from sleep
You mean that your Mac sleeps properly, even with a USB 3.0 device connected (Logi 4K)? If that's the case, then it seems that your card has not been flashed with a modified-for-Mac firmware.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.