Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Black Magic

macrumors 68030
Sep 30, 2012
.. for deliberately and maliciously crippling the iPhone 6 all to increase sales of the 6S

Thank you for..
1) a buggy running version of ios9
2) stuttering animations
3) the removal of smooth scrolling in app and in browser
4) for my keyboard to periodically lock up and completely freeze my system when I do something as 'complicated' as type
5) for deliberately slowing down Touch ID just to emphasise the faster Touch ID if 6S
6) For making apps take a full second to even respond and launch after tapping on an icon, and for making the camera app take 4 seconds to be ready to take a photo, allowing the Kodak moment to long pass.
7) for making my once smooth phone feel like an unstable android device.

Now I can understand why my iPad Air has been crippled (it has a good run of a few years), but my 6 is barely a year old. Now it feels like a piece of junk.

My guess is that you have a 16GB iPhone 6 and the storage is full. Once this happens, your phone will act crazy. I've had several folks on 16GB phones free up space which solves their problems.

theyearof84

macrumors member
Jul 11, 2008
Reality
My guess is that you have a 16GB iPhone 6 and the storage is full. Once this happens, your phone will act crazy. I've had several folks on 16GB phones free up space which solves their problems.

I have a 64GB iPhone 6+ with over 30GB of free space and I'm seeing nearly half of what OP said. Specifically #2, #3, #6 and whatever, toss in #7 too. Point is, the most severe issues seem to be relegated to the 6+, no matter the space.

Reactions: Steve J0bs

Paradoxally

macrumors 68000
Feb 4, 2011
Okay, now install 9.1 beta and tell me how good it is compared to 9.0.2 (seriously).

First iterations are always bad.

pat500000

Suspended
Jun 3, 2015
.. for deliberately and maliciously crippling the iPhone 6 all to increase sales of the 6S

Thank you for..
1) a buggy running version of ios9
2) stuttering animations
3) the removal of smooth scrolling in app and in browser
4) for my keyboard to periodically lock up and completely freeze my system when I do something as 'complicated' as type
5) for deliberately slowing down Touch ID just to emphasise the faster Touch ID if 6S
6) For making apps take a full second to even respond and launch after tapping on an icon, and for making the camera app take 4 seconds to be ready to take a photo, allowing the Kodak moment to long pass.
7) for making my once smooth phone feel like an unstable android device.

Now I can understand why my iPad Air has been crippled (it has a good run of a few years), but my 6 is barely a year old. Now it feels like a piece of junk.
I understand that you want to vent, but what's your point? Do you want to stop buying apple products? It sounds like you do.

Reactions: Yun0

pat500000

Suspended
Jun 3, 2015
Can the mods create an Apple hate section and make sure it doesn't appear on the spy section? sick to death of these..

don't like the software or Apple go android simple
If you don' like the post...why on Earth are you even in this THREAD? You shouldn't even be here...

Reactions: Will22

I7guy

macrumors Nehalem
Nov 30, 2013
Gotta be in it to win it
I understand that you want to vent, but what's your point? Do you want to stop buying apple products? It sounds like you do.
My i6, which I ultimately gave to another family member is doing fine on IOS 9.0.2. All of the things that poster listed are non-existent on the i6 as I played around with it. Sometimes it's hard to tell through the hyperbole if there are real issues or extreme pickyness.

Reactions: jayf and Yun0

pat500000

Suspended
Jun 3, 2015
My i6, which I ultimately gave to another family member is doing fine on IOS 9.0.2. All of the things that poster listed are non-existent on the i6 as I played around with it. Sometimes it's hard to tell through the hyperbole if there are real issues or extreme pickyness.
Well, that i6 phone could be a good one, but others may have problem that you don't have. It's all individuals.

I7guy

macrumors Nehalem
Nov 30, 2013
Gotta be in it to win it
Well, that i6 phone could be a good one, but others may have problem that you don't have. It's all individuals.
Absolutely, which is why there tends to be so much disagreement. Also from reading the posts there are those who are way pickier than me. I noticed some of the non-critical issues like the recents list, but I just don't care.

pat500000

Suspended
Jun 3, 2015
Absolutely, which is why there tends to be so much disagreement. Also from reading the posts there are those who are way pickier than me. I noticed some of the non-critical issues like the recents list, but I just don't care.
I'm just gonna assume those picky people probably spent lot of money (beyond their means) just to have a shinny new phone or this person was probably born being picky and can't understand that nothing is perfect.

I'm sure spending lot of money on a premium device/ or any apple products for that matter would more likely to make them think these products needs to function perfectly. I mean...it's lot of money to get one of those apple products...and if they are going to sell at high price, they need to make "work." The expectation is high based off the price of the products.

I7guy

macrumors Nehalem
Nov 30, 2013
Gotta be in it to win it
I'm just gonna assume those picky people probably spent lot of money (beyond their means) just to have a shinny new phone or this person was probably born being picky and can't understand that nothing is perfect.

I'm sure spending lot of money on a premium device/ or any apple products for that matter would more likely to make them think these products needs to function perfectly. I mean...it's lot of money to get one of those apple products...and if they are going to sell at high price, they need to make "work." The expectation is high based off the price of the products.
And they do work. Being a mass produced software item though doesn't guarantee every nook and cranny will work exactly to your specification. That ship has sailed after 2007.

A car is the highest cost common depreciating asset, yet even the reliable brands go back for warranty service.

Max(IT)

Suspended
Dec 8, 2009
Italy
Do you not believe that scrolling on a 6+ should be a smooth affair? Call it however you want, I don't give a **** what adjective is used to describe it honestly.
Sure, and scrolling it is a smooth affair
Just tired of people like you espousing your opinion and passing it off as "fact" and then when that fails because someone calls you out, you fall back on some trope like I don't understand english (LOL) all while absolutely butchering the English language as you do it. I guess it's true that forums need garbage like you to continuously be ignorant so the rest of us can have something to talk about.
Your is nothing else than another opinion.
An opinion I don't agree with.

Reactions: Yun0

pat500000

Suspended
Jun 3, 2015
And they do work. Being a mass produced software item though doesn't guarantee every nook and cranny will work exactly to your specification. That ship has sailed after 2007.

A car is the highest cost common depreciating asset, yet even the reliable brands go back for warranty service.
I guess so. As long as it's useable..i'm fine. It just that OS X El capitan....yeah...causing mass riot at this time....hopefully they fix...and hopefully they continue to maintain stability with ios.

Max(IT)

Suspended
Dec 8, 2009
Italy
I have a 64GB iPhone 6+ with over 30GB of free space and I'm seeing nearly half of what OP said. Specifically #2, #3, #6 and whatever, toss in #7 too. Point is, the most severe issues seem to be relegated to the 6+, no matter the space.
I had many opportunities to work with both 6 and 6+ and they are roughly the same, performance wise. Any benchmark pointed this out.
Only on mac rumors there are people saying they are different....
Hyperbole AND extremely pickiness. Both.

The iPhone does exactly what it's supposed to do. Once you realize perfection doesn't exist on commercial production, you are fine.
Do you think NASA production is perfect ? It isn't, and they spend a lot of money. An iPhone built with NASA limitations would cost 10.000$, not 800$, and it won't be perfect nevertheless.

darthbane2k

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 22, 2009
Wrong. 64GB with 13GB free

CB1234

macrumors 6502a
Sep 20, 2012
Dubai, UAE
Mate, at every SINGLE release of iOS this forum is stormed by whiners like him.
And I mean every single release.
Conspiracy and bs like this are typical of this forum.

Don't you know ? Every time you read "lags" in a thread, there is a power user involved.
What a power user really is , is beyond my comprehension.

I did, since the first iPhone.
And planned obsolescence is a BS typical of forum like this.

The definition of POWER USER these days is someone who sits all day staring at their phone to capture the minutest micro second lag/stutter/ on their phone. People say hello to these POWER USERS, but they completely ignore them, so that they do not miss any stutter/lag/dropped frames. They ignore people and nature around them, so intent they are on finding that lag/stutter/dropped frames.......

These people are real POWER USERS.... Anyone else [who do not ignore people and nature and have a life], have no clue about what lags/stutters/dropped frames are.... They are simply trolls/fanboys/liars/amateurs....

TC03

macrumors 65816
Aug 17, 2008
That's bull. It may slow down your phone a little bit, but scrolling should not be affected. Apps should still respond to your tap immedeately. And even if he was low on memory: iOS 8 didn't cause these issues.

Stop finding excuses. It's iOS 9 and it's the worst iOS release ever. Period.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.