Thanks Apple!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Gianlusp, Jun 9, 2009.

1. Gianlusp macrumors member

I bought new MBP 17"" on 23 May $2.799..
    Why the new upgrade is $ 2499.00? and now What Can I do?
    This is not good from Apple...
    I'm disappointed about it!

2. jay1118 macrumors member

jay1118

I have now heard of 2 ppl with 3 week old macs on this forum successful with returning their macbooks....paying the restocking fee....and spending a little extra for the new ones.

I guess you can try since u r just outside the 2 weeks.

3. MistaBungle macrumors 6502a

MistaBungle

You were oblivious to the fact that there was the possibility for updates at WWDC?

4. geoffreak macrumors 68020

geoffreak

That is part of buying a computer. It will be outdated and cheaper by tomorrow. Get over it or don't buy computers.

5. Gianlusp thread starter macrumors member

my opinion is that is not correct for the customers...
    I 'm not agree with this way of sale..

6. bartelby macrumors Core

:rolleyes:

I agree with it. If this kind of thing didn't happen we'd still be rubbing sticks together for fire... That's if we'd even made it that far...

7. iLog.Genius macrumors 601

iLog.Genius

Why isn't it correct? What do you want companies to do, email you when they plan on updating their line? Your way of thinking makes no sense. Say you go back to Apple and they allow you to exchange for a new MacBook Pro, and next week they update it again, are you going to go back and complain? What you're trying to do is stay ahead with technology and/or get the latest and greatest which is impossible in this sector. You buy a computer today, tomorrow it's already old. Like another poster stated, understand that concept or don't buy computers.

8. geoffreak macrumors 68020

geoffreak

I don't know about you, but the sooner I can get new technology, the happier I am. New technology doesn't come cheap though as you are paying for your impatience.
    What's done is done. It was your mistake for not waiting. Apple does release laptops like clockwork, nothing new. You will not get any money back.
    Now that you've made the mistake once, you will know next time what will happen when you buy a computer, so you can either not buy, or live with the consequences (and reap the benefits) of purchasing.

9. Gianlusp thread starter macrumors member

thanks for your answer...but I don't like to go to Apple store and to pray for to get help when I know that maybe is too late....
    maybe this is new Apple style to take care of customers........

10. SkyBell macrumors 604

SkyBell

That makes perfect sense. :confused: Sign up for a newsletter or something, have the company tell you when and what they're updating, so things like this don't happen.

11. Gianlusp thread starter macrumors member

I didn't say to get money back...I just say my opinion....

12. gotzero macrumors 68040

How are you not being taken care of? These threads are getting ridiculous.

Computer technology constantly evolves, sometimes faster, sometimes cheaper, often both. Your computer is no less useful than it was on Sunday when you were perfectly happy. The price difference is you getting to use the technology for the period before it was available today.

You are not being treated any differently at all, and Apple and every other tech manufacturer are making sure that when it is time for you to upgrade, you will get a much better product.

13. windels macrumors regular

windels

I find it RIDICULOUS how you complain about a price drop, while everyone here is always nagging about how expensive apple is. you just bought it at the wrong time. what do you wan't? that they are going to tell you : don't buy it now, it will be cheaper within two weeks? get over it.

14. iLog.Genius macrumors 601

iLog.Genius

It's happening everyday, you just don't know it. The point is you can't keep up with technology. Say you do sign up for a newsletter or whatever, you'll probably get one everyday saying there's a new revision out. One day it's 3.0GHz, the next it's 3.1xGHz and the next it's higher. The way the OP's thinking, he/she will never be happy because there's something new everyday. And don't tell me the OP didn't know WWDC was coming and there was a strong chance that there were going to update big or small, you still went out to purchase your MacBook Pro.

15. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

You bought a computer a few weeks before a major apple event and now you're whining that apple cut the price?

To be honest you should be thanking yourself for not being able to wait so close to WWDC, not apple.

16. SkyBell macrumors 604

SkyBell

I see your point, in a sense. If other manufacturers did what I suggested, yes there would be a lot of confusion. But Apple doesn't update nearly as much as their competitors. I think it would be fairly easy to keep track of what and when Apple updates. (apple-history.com does a good job of it.)

Personally, I'm genuinely surprised Apple updated anything besides the iPhone at WWDC. The last time they did that was three years ago in 2006, when they announced the Mac Pro. And that's a professional line, I don't think they've ever updated consumer Macs at WWDC before. (Though I could be wrong.) So I feel for the OP a little bit.

17. Keleko macrumors 68000

To be fair, there weren't many expectations for new laptop updates at WWDC. MacRumors expected them a few weeks later with quiet updates. And I bet no one expected lower prices. So give the guy a break on saying he made a bad decision on when he bought his laptop.

Just try going by the Apple store and see if they can help you. If they can't, well, at least you tried. I'll be a little unfair and say that you were willing to pay the price you did when you bought it. If you can get something out of visiting, then that'd be better, of course.

18. AdamLikesMusic macrumors 6502

What are you talking about? Should Apple just stop selling computers for 6 months before every hardware update, as to not have customers buying things right before the updates?

I'm surprised Apple is taking back notebooks. Good customer service, but it seems so foolish.

19. Petoz macrumors 6502

Petoz

Are you joking?! Ok, sorry, we wont update our range of computers until you are ready to next upgrade yours. Why are you blaming apple for this? You are perfectly capable of reading.

If you needed the laptop when you bought it, you still need it now. Enjoy it. As for "praying for to get help", it is worth asking in store if you are really that annoyed about it. You never know, the "new Apple style to take care of customers" could be very wrong.

20. icanboogie macrumors regular

icanboogie

come on people, the thread starter just stated his being-not-happy about seeing new, better machines just a couple of days after he bought his one.

sometimes also, prices drop. of course they do! (and apple prices don't even drop that much like other products do...)

that's common, thats nothing new. we all live with this. **** happens, if you want to see it this way, or if you feel about this as beeing "******".

but now we also have a considerable price-drop, combined with a technical upgrade! these two things toghether give a new quality to product-progress.

this is not what we are used to, imho. still it is great, isn't it?
    BUT: if you were just on the edge of spending so much money, and you see now that you could have made a really better deal a couple of days later: thats pretty understandable, being upset :eek: about this, doesn't it?!?

therefore, don't give him this "haha you should have waited, ...if you would only have done your homework you would have known about this possibility to happen...."

better give him your "come on, your machine still is a hell of a computer, and you will be very happy with it no matter what comes after"

because, that is the truth, my friend.
    i would try to return the computer, if they do take it back, give 'em a big hug. but if they don't, dont be mad, and don't you worry. you have a great computer, and the extra bucks you spent will soon be forgotten....
    ;)

21. AdamLikesMusic macrumors 6502

The thing is, for weeks now, people have been asking "should I buy now or wait", and in every thread, people said "if you can wait, do it". That was stated so there wouldn't be a million threads, all people complaining about not having the latest and greatest because they bought 3 weeks ahead.

22. icanboogie macrumors regular

icanboogie

Oh, and one more thing:

The quote from the beginning "This is not good from Apple.." - is, of course, a terribly wrong statement.
    "This is very,very,very good from Apple" would be much closer to the truth!

@Adam: I agree, a little research does always help.
    Sometimes, experience helps even better...;)

23. Gianlusp thread starter macrumors member

thanks ..it was my first MBP...so I just switched from Windows...and I was impatient to buy it,I though the WWDC was only for new Iphone and OS.
    However "c'est la vie"..or this is the life......

24. barkomatic macrumors 68040

It's easy now to say how dumb someone was for buying a computer just before an update. I remember just before WWDC there were several posters on this very forum who insisted that there would be absolutely no changes to notebooks at that event. In fact, a few prominent members even said there would be no possiblity of changes for "months". Members who even asked the question were called "stupid" and insulted in various ways.

Of course, when you have a forum filled with (some) arrogant nerds one can expect no less--but don't blame the OP.

25. GeekGirl* macrumors 65816

GeekGirl*