Thanksgiving Day Challenge

ZebraDude

macrumors 65816
Sep 7, 2014
Naperville, IL
The Strangest thing just happened. I own a number of watches and today I just used my SS 42 series 0 watch today after unpairing and pairing it due to a issue with WIFI.

I just looked and the Thanksgiving metal that I earned with a third party app last year appeared!!

WTH!!!

alexglee

macrumors regular
Oct 19, 2005
West coast
The Strangest thing just happened. I own a number of watches and today I just used my SS 42 series 0 watch today after unpairing and pairing it due to an issue with WIFI.

I just looked and the Thanksgiving metal that I earned with a third party app last year appeared!!

WTH!!!

Why not? The badge goes off distance traveled on that day right? If your 3rd party app is HealthKit compatible then it should be .

alexglee

macrumors regular
Oct 19, 2005
West coast
The Strange thing was the 2 1/2 month delay in getting the metal.
The Nike app did not count my first Sunday (Jan 8th 2017) as a streak, even though it clearly recorded as 3.7 miles in the raw data and within the nike app as a run. It's odd. Perhaps I need to wait until March to get the streak changed?

Reactions: ZebraDude

Julien

macrumors G4
Jun 30, 2007
Atlanta
The Nike app did not count my first Sunday (Jan 8th 2017) as a streak, even though it clearly recorded as 3.7 miles in the raw data and within the nike app as a run. It's odd....
Not really since the NRC+ app was a complete mess of an app when it replaced Nike+ app. While much better now it still has more than it's fair share of bugs. There have been countless threads and posts of the problems caused like yours by NRC+ app. I even had my own problems trying to use it on my :apple:Watch. Just do a search and you could spend all day reading about problems caused by the NRC+ app.

For me I run NRC+ on my iPhone while using Workout on my :apple:Watch (also use a Garmin 620). I keep NRC+ data segregated and don't allow it access to 'screw up' my Activity or Health data. So NRC+ is my backup (actually 2ed backup since Workout is my backup to my Garmin for runso_O).

Reactions: ZebraDude

alexglee

macrumors regular
Oct 19, 2005
West coast
Not really since the NRC+ app was a complete mess of an app when it replaced Nike+ app. While much better now it still has more than it's fair share of bugs. There have been countless threads and posts of the problems caused like yours by NRC+ app. I even had my own problems trying to use it on my :apple:Watch. Just do a search and you could spend all day reading about problems caused by the NRC+ app.

For me I run NRC+ on my iPhone while using Workout on my :apple:Watch (also use a Garmin 620). I keep NRC+ data segregated and don't allow it access to 'screw up' my Activity or Health data. So NRC+ is my backup (actually 2ed backup since Workout is my backup to my Garmin for runso_O).

My experience (since Dec '16), is that the Nike app reports to HealthKit the correct information. Nike's own badges and milestones need work. I'll recommend to my friend that they should drop a feature that rehashes the old information into a future sprint.