That Apple email about the 23rd was F'd up

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Jody, Jun 23, 2010.

1. Jody macrumors regular

So judging by everything I've seen, there's no chance of that box being delivered by Fedex today.

Thanks for sending out that email Apple - you managed to have me change my schedule around for absolutely nothing. I think everyone would have been better off if they had just "surprised" a few people on the 23rd - then at least it wouldnt have been necessary to reschedule 2 days worth of crap.

Now there's NO way I can clear my day tomorrow. awesome.

2. farmermac macrumors 6502a

Lol @ rearranging your whole day around a package delivery. Double lol for being pissed about a package not being on time.

3. Razorhog macrumors 65816

Razorhog

My fedex tracking still says mine will be delivered on the 24th, but I got the email from Apple saying it would be here on the 23rd. Very irritating.

4. Jody thread starter macrumors regular

Yea - I decided to move some interviews and meetings so I could take a day off.

I'm not pissed about it being late - I'm pissed that I based my actions on a bunk email from Apple, and now I can't get things rearranged.

I think its pretty legitimate to be annoyed by this. If they hadn't sent that email - there would be no issues whatsoever.

5. Eluzion macrumors 6502

Yeah mine doesn't look like it will be delivered today either. So much for the email.

6. gloss macrumors 601

gloss

How do you know it's not going to arrive today, again?

7. mloffa macrumors 6502a

mloffa

8. mrblack927 macrumors 6502a

mrblack927

9. chewbaccacabra macrumors regular

chewbaccacabra

It's 8:00 AM and mine still says its at the destination sort facility. It would be on a truck by now if it was coming.

10. docal97 macrumors 6502a

docal97

Are you serious? I mean, everyone's excited, but we are talking about a phone here.

11. Jody thread starter macrumors regular

Yea - unless there's some special late truck with nothing but iPhones on it going out.... I'm pretty sure it's not being delivered today.

I have 3 other Fedex deliveries coming this afternoon to my office - all 3 have updated tracking info saying they are being delivered this morning.

12. desenso macrumors 6502a

desenso

Seconded. Can I toss in a third lol at having started yet another new thread on this subject despite the fact that there must be about 7 already?

13. jediistar macrumors 6502

I agree, yet if I call the 800 number Fedex says its in route to my local facility, which is different than what the website says. If you call Fedex and talk to a person, they only reflect the website...nobody knows what the other hand is doing!

14. Jody thread starter macrumors regular

I think you're missing the point here.

I don't give a damn about waiting. But I thought it would be a great opportunity to take a day off so I can take delivery and get some other crap done.

I scheduled the day off based on this crap email from Apple - and now what they said was going to happen is not going to happen.

It was totally unnecessary to guarantee delivery today - but they did. I based my plan on that - and now my day is pretty screwed.

15. dagomike macrumors 65816

16. CrAkD macrumors 68040

CrAkD

I do agree it is a little ridiculous. And I'm not getting one. Getting it early is awesome but who wants to be the guy that misses fedex? Or worse yet gives up signature confirmation and it's gets stolen off the porch. And it is impossible for someone that works to get 2 days off in a row for a phone. But atleast you can pick it up at fedex after work if you miss it. ( at least that's how my fedex works much better then missing the ups guy)

But the whole changing info last minute is very inconvenient. Like tomorrow I'll flip out if I come on here and people have white iPhones cause I would have taken it off if I knew they'd be available.

17. ugahairydawgs macrumors 68030

ugahairydawgs

You shifted around your whole day for a cell phone?

18. TXCraig macrumors 6502a

TXCraig

Mine has been sitting in Memphis since midnight... I'm in Houston.. there is no way it's going to get to me today either... I took the day off from work too... and I can't tomorrow!

19. LoganT macrumors 68020

You guys do realize it's not even noon yet, right?

20. Sketchr macrumors 6502a

If you miss delivery you can pick it up at the local hub after 5-6 pm.

21. TXCraig macrumors 6502a

TXCraig

Doesn't everyone?

22. LoganT macrumors 68020

A cellphone that you have to sign for. You kind of have to shift your day around it.

23. digimidi macrumors newbie

You should call FedEx. It looked like I was in the same situation. When I call a few minutes ago, they said it had left the sort facility and would be delivered today by 4:30. It has not changed online yet.

24. Nykwil macrumors 65816

Nykwil

You guys come off as whiny ungrateful babies. It saddens me to think some of you go through life letting little things like this get to you to complain about.