That Rose Gold.. Hmmmm

techiebug

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 20, 2013
I was hoping it's more like a copper color. But it turns out a little too pink for my taste. What do you think about this new color? Is it a good choice for men?

Last edited:
Reactions: OCGirlie

techiebug

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 20, 2013
I'll pre order the rose gold and a gold just in case. Need to see it in person but it looks really girly on screen

Wallabe

macrumors 6502a
Mar 15, 2015
I love that pink rose gold. The point of rose gold is to make it pink! The color shown on the broadcast has a bright copper pink that actually pops out. Now seeing it in person may be something else, but I'm hoping for the best.

Yes, I'm a guy, upgrading from the 5s (gold).

It's funny, first people say gold is too gaudy and feminine, so stick with space gray. Now, it's too pinky and girly, so stick with gold. Why are you guys one step behind?

Last edited:

Zimmy68

macrumors 68000
Jul 23, 2008
Gold was tough enough but if you go with the Rose, the man card is being pulled.
If you have no problem walking around with a pink phone, more power to you.

I just wished they would offer some masculine choices, like a navy blue or hunter green.

Nelliebee

macrumors regular
Oct 19, 2014
New York
I was doubtful about the rose gold at first but I really like the way it looked in the presentation. Plus I usually use some kind of case, usually one that is somewhat see through. Looking forward to getting it!

Wallabe

macrumors 6502a
Mar 15, 2015
Gold was tough enough but if you go with the Rose, the man card is being pulled.
If you have no problem walking around with a pink phone, more power to you.

I just wished they would offer some masculine choices, like a navy blue or hunter green.
I'm a guy, so I do understand the men card. Basically, "You can have any color you want, as long as it is black."

techiebug

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 20, 2013
I say, if you like it, get it! Who cares what other people think? :)
My initial impression was "hell no...". So I guess I don't like it at first sight. I think I'm gonna stick with the Gold one

I say, if you like it, get it! Who cares what other people think? :)
My initial impression was "hell no...". So I guess I don't like it at first sight. I think I'm gonna stick with the Gold one

Last edited by a moderator:

Zimmy68

macrumors 68000
Jul 23, 2008
I'm a guy, so I do understand the men card. Basically, "You can have any color you want, as long as it is black."
Not true, you can have any color you want as long as it is not champagne gold or rose pink.
If you want to argue those are not feminine colors, well, we can agree to disagree.

I don't care what color anyone chooses, I'm just saying what it will look like to everyone else.

If you can walk around with a pink phone and pink watch band, and you are not affected by what other people think, I admire you.

As an example of how silly I am, Target had on clearance, the iPad Air 2 leather smart case, which retails for $80, for $16.
I needed and wanted the smart case badly.

Guess what color it was?

Guess who didn't buy it?

But also, go ahead an offer feminine colors, but what about some masculine options?
How about a real Black, lighter gray, dark blue ,etc.
What do we have, a basic black model and 3 white varieties.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.