The '08-'09 NHL Season Thread

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Teh Don Ditty, Sep 3, 2008.

1. Teh Don Ditty macrumors G4

Teh Don Ditty

Ladies and Gentlemen, boys and girls, stop that pouting, lace up the skates and check somebody into the boards because it's HOCKEY SEASON!!!!

w00t!!!!

Last season we saw the Pittsburgh Penguins grow up right in front of our eyes to become the Eastern Conference Champions. They unfortunately fell to the Detroit Red Wings, in 6 games, for the Stanley Cup.

This year the NHL is opening up the season on October 4th in 2 cities, Prague and Stockholm.

The New York Rangers will be playing the Tampa Lightening in Prague while Ottawa Senators will be playing the Pittsburgh Penguins in Stockholm.

If anybody manages to get to either of those games please take plenty of pictures and kindly post a link to them in this thread.

This Islander fan will be happy if the following 2 conditions are met: a) At least a .500 record and b) Rangers don't win the cup.

Let's Go Islanders!!!

EDIT: We had a bit of posting/views record in the Playoffs/Off-Season thread. Thanks to everyone that participated in that thread! Let's try to trump that this season!

2. OutThere macrumors 603

OutThere

This is the year. I can feel it. :D

[​IMG]

3. Teh Don Ditty thread starter macrumors G4

Teh Don Ditty

Henriq is a tool. He can DIAF.

The Rags, once again, bought a crap ton of players hoping that they can win steal a cup.

4. scotty96LSC macrumors 65816

scotty96LSC

a

I'm anxious to see how the Stars do filling the hole left by Stu Barnes. Can Turco keep playing as one of the best goalies in the league? Does Madono have the legs for yet another year?
    It's going to be interesting for your.

5. Surely Guest

Surely

Leafs are winning the cup this year boys!!!! I can feel it! GO LEAFS GO!!!

But seriously, I'd like to see the Leafs play respectable hockey this year. I don't expect much, but I hope that if they aren't going to make the playoffs, then they really really don't make the playoffs and come in dead last.

It's time to rebuild. This is a concept that is very unfamiliar to Leafs fan. We have become used to mediocrity, except for a few flashes in the pan during the last decade or so. We have become so used to our GMs just spending big money on peaked veterans and not investing enough in youth. The atmosphere around the Leafs during the past season has been that of a circus, and it's time to reestablish the Maple Leafs to their old glory. Enough is enough. 41 years......

As long as the Sens sucks b*lls, I'm a happy camper. I hate them.......so.......much....... :mad::D

Anyway......

Now that I live in LA, I'm going to start following the Kings and the Western Conference a lot more. That will give me a whole new perspective on the NHL.

Isn't it funny how I moved from a city that had a crap hockey team to another city with another crap hockey team? What's up with that?

I think we're in for an exciting season..... glad to see the new thread ready to go.

Oh, and I hope that the soap opera that is "Where in the NHL will Mats play?" ends very soon.

DROP THE PUCK

6. thefnshow macrumors regular

7. mlemonds macrumors 6502a

mlemonds

lets just see some good games and hopefully it will grow the fan base enough to see some games get back on ESPN

go sabres

8. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

Agreed. Red Wings will take the Cup again this year.

9. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

LETS GO RANGERS!!!!!

Don good luck this year.... your going to need a lot of it :p ;)

10. Teh Don Ditty thread starter macrumors G4

Teh Don Ditty

How does that differ from any other year?

11. scotty96LSC macrumors 65816

scotty96LSC

There is no way the Wings repeat. Bet that.

12. Rhosfelt macrumors 65816

Rhosfelt

13. thefnshow macrumors regular

red wings not repeat ? same team minus dallas drake and one of the peguins signed

14. BigHungry04 macrumors 6502

Atlanta Thrashers all the way! Seriously, they will most likely not make the playoffs again. I can dream though.

15. Surely Guest

Surely

Finally! Hockey is back- even though it's preseason.

It was nice to see (well, actually read) that the Leafs played well for Ron Wilson's debut as head coach.

7-4 : we won't see many of games like that with the Leafs as the winner this season.

I love that CuJo is back.....

16. Rhosfelt macrumors 65816

Rhosfelt

I'll see you tomorrow! Well I won't get the game, but I'll read about our teams tomorrow!

My friend is going and borrowing my jersey, she's a lucky little ..er person.

17. gauchogolfer macrumors 603

gauchogolfer

Big Avs fan here. I hope to goodness Detroit doesn't win again this year.

18. Rhosfelt macrumors 65816

Rhosfelt

ATTENTION Anaheim Ducks, Atlanta Thrashers, Carolina Hurricanes, Columbus Blue Jackets, Colorado Avalanche, Dallas Stars, Florida Panthers, LA Kings, Minnesota Wild, Nashville Predators, NY Islanders, Phili Flyers, Phoenix Coyotes, and Vancouver Canucks Fans!

Jeresys are available for only $36 today at HockeyOverstock.com !!!!!

Sadly they don't have my penguins or I'd buy one. Also to the people that know these are the older CCM/KoHo 6100 jerseys. Which in fact was my favorite :( It was too good to pass up, hopefully some of you guys can get them!

19. Teh Don Ditty thread starter macrumors G4

Teh Don Ditty

Mmmmmm those are still expensive for those jerseys. I totally preferred the older Isles jersey to the newer ones. I have a replica older jersey with some patches on it. I rock it proudly. I also got my 1972 CCCP jersey. It's teh hawtness.

20. Rhosfelt macrumors 65816

Rhosfelt

I don't think so, I'd buy at least one if they had the Pens. I love the old KoHo jerseys and in fact I still have mine!

I will always be jealous of your CCCP jersey. :(

21. Teh Don Ditty thread starter macrumors G4

Teh Don Ditty

$180 for an authentic previous gen jersey is still expensive IMHO. Though the new ones are absolute rape.

I'll have to have a somebody take a picture of me rocking it. It's truly kick ass.

22. Rhosfelt macrumors 65816

Rhosfelt

um today if you put in the code they are $36 don.

23. Teh Don Ditty thread starter macrumors G4

Teh Don Ditty

Wow... reading FAIL on my part. Totally gotta procure now.

EDIT: Don't have my size. :(

24. Rhosfelt macrumors 65816

Rhosfelt

Better hurry 80% off is only today, and I have no idea how long "today" is. ahaha

Also I think I got a pic of a CCCP jersey at the HHoF when I visited.

Edit for your edit: I officially hate hockeyoverstock for being so non-overstock :(

25. Teh Don Ditty thread starter macrumors G4

Teh Don Ditty

That CCCP jersey is bad ass!!!

This is mine...

[​IMG]