Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Confuzzzed

macrumors 68000
Aug 7, 2011
Liverpool, UK
Any predictions for the weekend? I predict that unless my team (LFC) score 3 against Wigan, ain't going to be winning tomorrow.

Liverpool's last five league games vs Wigan? W0 D3 L2.

Last edited:

Lord Blackadder

macrumors P6
May 7, 2004
Sod off
Liverpool's current style (lots of possession in the back and midfield, slow buildup, weak attack) plays into Wigan's hands, since they play the same game. It will be a possession game, and Liverpool will not press Wigan hard the entire match or play long balls.

It could be very dull with both sides canceling each other out. An early goal would change that perhaps. But a low-scoring draw seems likely.

swiftaw

macrumors 603
Jan 31, 2005
Omaha, NE, USA
Liverpool's current style (lots of possession in the back and midfield, slow buildup, weak attack) plays into Wigan's hands, since they play the same game. It will be a possession game, and Liverpool will not press Wigan hard the entire match or play long balls.

It could be very dull with both sides canceling each other out. An early goal would change that perhaps. But a low-scoring draw seems likely.

Except that Wigan play football whereas Stoke just kick you. :)

Confuzzzed

macrumors 68000
Aug 7, 2011
Liverpool, UK

As I am struggling for match day motivation at present (and I am going the match later) I'd rather go with my game plan of scoring 3! Not that I believe it will happen BUT we'll concede 1 or 2 today. We rarely keep clean sheets these days.

twietee

macrumors 603
Jan 24, 2012
As I am struggling for match day motivation at present (and I am going the match later) I'd rather go with my game plan of scoring 3! Not that I believe it will happen BUT we'll concede 1 or 2 today. We rarely keep clean sheets these days.

And that's where I chime in, predicting a whooping 3:0 for Liverpool! :) Suarez is on fire. Sahin probably scores too...

Think Hertha will give it away this time. It's all too quiet and they didn't lose for a longer period..especially the latter is always a bad sign :D

Lord Blackadder

macrumors P6
May 7, 2004
Sod off
A pretty exciting match, but Adebayor's foolishness will be the headline.

As for the Liverpool's chances, a Suarez hat trick is not as crazy a prediction as it sounds at first; he's in form and Wigan are not the stoutest team defensively. I doubt we'll see it but if anyone from either side can score three it'll be Suarez. I'm still predicting a dull, low-scoring game but hoping for better.

Tilpots

macrumors 601
Apr 19, 2006
Carolina Beach, NC
Wirelessly posted

If he isn't injured, Bale is a disgrace; just watching players go past him, out for a little jog - and he scores as I type :)

I don't think it's Bale. I think it's Dempsey. His heads not in it and he's lost on the pitch. Bale set him up nicely in several plays and Dempsey did nothing but bumble the chances. Somebody (Bale) needs to get Dempsey's head out of his ass.

Happybunny

macrumors 68000
Sep 9, 2010
Liverpool win and win well. It finally looks like Liverpool is beginning to play like a real team. Luis Suarez proves again that he is a class player.

oscillatewildly

macrumors 68000
Jul 17, 2007
23 Railway Cuttings
Wirelessly posted

WTF selection and WTF substitutions; need energy in midfield and faster attack - Giggs and Young stay on. :confused: Still require a number two who will tell Ferguson when he's being an idiot. Deserved loss.

Tilpots - Bale has been lazy the last two games, doesn't look bothered he's leaving the full back exposed. Bad enough when there are eleven. Manchester United should sign him :).

Cheers,
OW

Happybunny

macrumors 68000
Sep 9, 2010
The games have just finished here.

Well first of I should never try to do fortune telling about football match results in future.
Ajax 2 Vs VVV Venlo 0
Ajax beat VVV Venlo this should have been no surprised, but given the recent home form of Ajax, it was not a certain bet.

PEC Zwolle 2 Vs NAC Breda
First off no red cards. PEC had the better of this match but had to wait until the second half to score. Ronnie Reniers scored on sixty-nine minutes and ten minutes later Denni Avdic doubled the score. PEC had long periods of ball possession, and in this match made them tell. A very good result for PEC.

ADO Den Haag 1 Vs PSV 6
This match was all over after thirty five minutes PSV were three goals up. ADO didn't improve after the break, PSV scored again. Ado had three payers booked in an ugly last twenty minutes. ADO scored but PSV then scored two quick goals. This win puts PSV firmly on the top of the Eredivisie.

Well no red cards so far this weekend.:confused:

Confuzzzed

macrumors 68000
Aug 7, 2011
Liverpool, UK
Yay! City won, and Zwolle won too. This is a weekend that will long be celebrated. :)

You can say that again! Everton and ManUre both lost (as did Chelsea for that) and we won emphatically at home!! Woo hoo

----------

And that's where I chime in, predicting a whooping 3:0 for Liverpool! :) Suarez is on fire. Sahin probably scores too...:D

Not bad! Sahin's replacement (Enrique) scored instead but other than that, can we call you Nostradamus? And whilst you are at it, can you tell me when I can have my new iMac?

twietee

macrumors 603
Jan 24, 2012
Not bad! Sahin's replacement (Enrique) scored instead but other than that, can we call you Nostradamus? And whilst you are at it, can you tell me when I can have my new iMac?

hmmm, hope Jaffa didn't place any serious cash on Hertha then.

And about your new iMac: you'd be better off not asking. :eek:
But AAPL will rise again, if that helps.

Happybunny

macrumors 68000
Sep 9, 2010
The matches have just finished here.

The big winner of the this weekend PSV

FC Utrecht 1 Vs FC Twente 1
FC Utrecht have been difficult to defeat this season at home, as Twente found out. This was a totally open game of football both teams went for the win. Twente opened the scoring with a well taken free kick, which was headed home by William Janssen, in a well rehearsed move. Fifteen miutes later Utrecht also from a free kick Jacob Mulenga scored. The game was real end to end, there were just so many chances and half chances, both goal keepers earnt their wages. In the second half the tempo was a little lower, but still a very open game. It was joy to watch and was a great advertisement for attacking football. For Twente this means that PSV increase their lead at the top of Eredivisie. One very good news for Twente, Leroy Fer made his re-entered football after a bad injury. He had been missing from the Twente line up for weeks.

Vitesse 4 Vs NEC 1
No surprise here Vitesse had more than three quarters of the possession. It was a very bad tempered match with no less than three red cards.(All for NEC Players) NEC scored first because of a blunder by Vitesse goalkeeper, by a back pass he was very slow to react. But then it was one way traffic, Wilfried Bony in the eleventh minute scored, there followed a period of balance until just before half time NEC lost a player to a red card Palsson two times yellow. Vitesse never looked back direct from the start of the second half they scored Guarm Kashia. Wilfried Bony scored again in the eighthy minute, NEC then lost two more players Remy Amieux two times yellow and two minutes later Ryan Koolwijk a direct red. Mike Havenaar rounded out the scoring for Vitesse.

Last edited:

Happybunny

macrumors 68000
Sep 9, 2010
Sure as eggs is eggs. ;)

When I first read that I thought that you had gone quite insane. :eek:

I then looked it up on the internet.

http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/sure_as_eggs_is_eggs

Well you are never to old to learn something new.

Vitesse 4 Vs NEC 1
No surprise here Vitesse had more than three quarters of the possession. It was a very bad tempered match with no less than three red cards.(All for NEC Players) NEC scored first because of a blunder by Vitesse goalkeeper, by a back pass he was very slow to react. But then it was one way traffic, Wilfried Bony in the eleventh minute scored, there followed a period of balance until just before half time NEC lost a player to a red card Palsson two times yellow. Vitesse never looked back direct from the start of the second half they scored Guarm Kashia. Wilfried Bony scored again in the eighthy minute, NEC then lost two more players Remy Amieux two times yellow and two minutes later Ryan Koolwijk a direct red. Mike Havenaar rounded out the scoring for Vitesse.

As the match referee Bossen blew the final whistle, the commentator remarked " Well that match report will be like a small book" :D

Last edited:

daneoni

macrumors G4
Mar 24, 2006
Chelsea well and truly spanked. Lucks run out...and no Drogba get out of jail card.

Utd lose too.

EPL losing its hype.

English teams are simply weaker in the current climate.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.