The 2015-2016 NCAA Football Season

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by AlabamaSlammer, Aug 2, 2015.

1. AlabamaSlammer macrumors 6502

AlabamaSlammer

It's finally that time of year again. The NCAA football season starts on Thursday September 3 and I couldn't be more excited.. Lets get the discussion started. Here is the 2015 coaches poll ( I will update the post when the AP is released )...ROLL TIDE ROLL

Attached Files:

2. Roller macrumors 68020

Going into this season, the outcome seems much more in doubt than it has been for years. I suspect we'll see more one- and two-loss teams than we have in the past. The talent is more evenly distributed than before, and also-rans like Tennessee will be contenders.

For us Bama fans, the biggest question is at the QB position: Will Coker be the guy for the one year that he's eligible, or will the duties fall to someone else or even be shared to give another player meaningful playing time? Also, with the Tide be able to defend against the big plays, something that's hurt them the past couple of years?

3. AlabamaSlammer thread starter macrumors 6502

AlabamaSlammer

At the QB position it looks like it will be:
    Starting- J Coker
    2. David Cornwell
    3. Alec Morris

I'm not expecting ANYTHING from this Alabama team but the Defense is going to be fun to watch

4. rhett7660, Aug 3, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2015

rhett7660 macrumors G4

rhett7660

And just like that - Roll Tide Roll....

I am hoping the Tide does well, I am also worried about the QB spot.

I am also looking to see how my other team will do this year, now that they have a new coach..... Go Blue!

5. Roller macrumors 68020

I don't know that I'd go THAT far, but my expectations have definitely been tempered by the experience of the last two seasons and the uncertainty about QB. But maybe it's better for us Bama fans to start off the season this way than with the assumption that they'll win out (or maybe lose only a game or two) and end up in the playoff.

6. AlabamaSlammer thread starter macrumors 6502

AlabamaSlammer

7. Roller macrumors 68020

I don't pay much attention to pre-season polls or rankings. It's what happens after the season starts that matters. Having said that, I'm OK with Alabama not being in the highest two or three in most rankings. They're going to have to go out and prove themselves this year. Hopefully, Jake Coker's foot injury, said to be minor, won't mess things up too much. Based on what Coach Saban has been saying, though, none of the QB contenders has pulled ahead of the pack yet.

8. AlabamaSlammer thread starter macrumors 6502

AlabamaSlammer

Here is the AP Top 25 for 2015. This is a little late but I've been real busy with work. We are now 9 days away from the kickoff of the college football season

Attached Files:

9. haxrnick macrumors 6502a

haxrnick

:p

10. AustinIllini macrumors demi-god

AustinIllini

The SEC is everything wrong with college football, but for the sake of keeping this thread out of PRSI, I will leave it at that.

NCAA? Who cares? A bunch of overpaid state employees profiting off the work of unpaid laborers.

11. samiwas macrumors 65816

As an Auburn alum (sorry guys!), I'm surprised to see Auburn ranked so high after such a disappointing season last year. Maybe they have some tricks up their sleeve for this year.

I'm so ready for the season to start. I don't watch any other sports besides college football, and I pretty much stick to Auburn games and a few other interesting-looking games, but I do love it.

Kind of my level of anger over the "non-profit" NFL. How much money goes through that thing?

12. AustinIllini macrumors demi-god

AustinIllini

Yeah, but the NFL pays their players a lot of money. NCAA players get nothing.

13. AlabamaSlammer thread starter macrumors 6502

AlabamaSlammer

I do have to agree with you that coaches are overpaid and if a FAIR compensation for all the student athletes (in all sports & at all the schools) can be reached, they should make some money.

But I have to disagree with your statement on the SEC is everything wrong with college football. Not looking to argue but just need a few examples

14. samiwas macrumors 65816

To be fair, many of them are getting free tuition, room, meals, etc. That's a pretty huge deal, looking at the amount of debt that so many leave school with.

I'd like to hear some of these as well. Obviously, being that both of us are SEC fans, we'll likely disagree. But I know plenty out there who see the SEC as a "bully" type of division.

15. haxrnick macrumors 6502a

haxrnick

16. AustinIllini, Aug 25, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2015

AustinIllini macrumors demi-god

AustinIllini

No NCAA discussion thread should exclude this. The fact of the matter is, these players are severely underpaid. Period.

At the end of the day, no one is going to care who won the National Championship this or last year. What will matter is how the NCAA deals or doesn't deal with these issues going forward.

That doesn't even account for the farce that is the student athlete. That's the SEC problem.

17. AlabamaSlammer thread starter macrumors 6502

AlabamaSlammer

Also very true. But the only argument i can make towards that statement is, the College doesn't make hundreds of millions of dollars in merchandise, tickets, and other sales on the non student athletes.

18. AlabamaSlammer thread starter macrumors 6502

AlabamaSlammer

"Farce that is the student athlete"? All schools under the NCAA umbrella follow the same rules. Team rules might differ from school to school but we can't really argue these points considering nobody but the players and staff know them.

You still haven't given a clear example on why you hate the SEC so much.

19. AustinIllini macrumors demi-god

AustinIllini

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/why-sec-football-should-be-embarrassed/

The SEC should be embarrassed. The worst academic conference by far. The SEC has consistently failed its students year after year. I give Alabama credit, they're one of the most improved in this area, but when A&M and Missouri joined the conference three seasons ago, they became two and three in the conference in terms of academics.

The essence of the SEC is the farce of the student athlete.

20. AlabamaSlammer thread starter macrumors 6502

AlabamaSlammer

OK. I do agree with you. The SEC as a whole, has had it's issues with Academics. But the SEC as a whole (not the best but not the worst). The SEC has 2 schools in the bottom 10 of grad rates. Cal is the worst.

I don't understand why you're trying to single out the SEC because all the conferences have their own issues with players graduating.

Attached Files:

21. GaryNoine macrumors member

GaryNoine

Just wanted to say WDE, and Roll Tide too! I have no problem supporting the SEC schools including Bama (except on 11/28:D) Good luck to all

22. impulse462 Suspended

impulse462

23. AustinIllini macrumors demi-god

AustinIllini