The Apple Watch order thread... FINALLY!

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Appl3FTW, Apr 9, 2015.

1. Appl3FTW, Apr 9, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2015

Appl3FTW macrumors 601

Appl3FTW

T minus 19.5 hrs left for EST... I love apple releases, it's Christmas time! haha

btw: I woke up this morning and thought to myself, maybe I should go with space gray... the whole time I thought I was already done leaning towards SS, FML.

2. virginblue4 macrumors 68000

virginblue4

It's been 212 days since the Apple Watch was first announced. We've finally made it!

I'm excited and very nervous about preordering. I really want my SS with white sport band on the 24th!

3. mattopotamus macrumors G4

mattopotamus

I wonder how many people are planning to order both sizes, and return the one they like best.

4. Appl3FTW thread starter macrumors 601

Appl3FTW

I'm gonna make sure I take a long nap tonight and wake up around 2:00am haha.

this forum will be popping later!

5. gcooldude86 macrumors 6502

I'm pre-ordering 38MM SS link with the black modern buckle and 2m cable. Ordering the cable and extra band on a separate order.

6. mattopotamus macrumors G4

mattopotamus

why two different orders? Just to get the watch order in right away?

7. batristain macrumors 6502

batristain

Getting Gameplan Ready :)

Greetings,
    I'm ready to go - I have updated my payment settings. I plan to get the 38 mm milanese SS watch. I really wanted the silver link but I just can't justify the cost. Also after seeing what 3rd party vendors are offering....I will be able to get a much more reasonably priced two tones link bracelet this summer (I prefer 2 toned anyway).

I plan to get up at 250am EST and have my iPad, two iPhones, and 2 MacBooks ready to go although I do hope this will be a little easier than pre-ordering my iPhone 6 Plus was in the fall. I did manage to be on of the lucky ones and got my iPhone 6+ early on Sept 19th delivered to my door by UPS. The bad news about this release I will be out of town on the 24th - not getting back until that night. However I will have my hubby pre-sign for it (he will be home all week).

:)

Cheers,
    B:cool:

8. gcooldude86 macrumors 6502

Yes, to get the watch right away. Someone else had suggested this in a different thread so that the accessories don't delay the watch. I'm just doing it to make sure I get the watch.

9. bige12 macrumors 6502

bige12

same here- I have my alarm set so I can get up

42mm Stainless Steel, with black sports band, and I will properlay order another band The Loop

10. Mathletics macrumors member

Mathletics

I am preordering the 42mm SS with white band. I am unsure which of the nicer bands I want until I try them on, but I know for sure that i will want a sport band.

11. NewtypeCJ macrumors 6502

NewtypeCJ

WOOOOOOOoooOoOoOo. Ready for tonight.

Ordering one for me, one for the wife. 42mm :apple:Watch w/Black Sport Band, and 38mm :apple:Watch with Milanese Loop.

12. Appl3FTW thread starter macrumors 601

Appl3FTW

nice... wonder if they will ship the watches separately as they become available or they wait till they get both.

13. Locoboof macrumors 65816

Locoboof

The Apple Watch order thread... FINALLY!

All good to go here!
    Ordering one 42mm SS with black classic leather band. Also a 38mm SS with black modern buckle (surprise wedding gift for my fiancée).
    On a separate order I'll pickup a extra charging cable and white sport band.

I will do store pickup for the watches though. I like going to the store.

The countdown begins.......

14. Appl3FTW thread starter macrumors 601

Appl3FTW

see I was thinking getting the SS with black band too... till this morning I started questioning myself again. FAIL.

15. mattopotamus macrumors G4

mattopotamus

solid advice. I am ordering a 42mm SS loop and 38mm SS classic buckle. I will probably put the bands in a different order. I will also probably shoot the order through and then call to add AC+ the day of delivery.

16. Appl3FTW thread starter macrumors 601

Appl3FTW

Don't they ship what's available and just send you what's on backorder? that doesn't make sense if they hold it.

17. bige12 macrumors 6502

bige12

What I'm going to to do if I can't get my order in when pre-order in, then I will just have to wait. I get a order in then then that will be good.

18. mattopotamus macrumors G4

mattopotamus

That is what they are suppose to do, but I have heard "horror" stories of them delaying the ship date of this reason.

19. Esexx macrumors 6502

Esexx

Game on!

I will be up at 0001 hrs PST trying to order like all of us. Hopefullt their site wontgo down.

20. MeFromHere macrumors 6502

Shouldn't they keep the one they like best, and return the other one?

;)

21. wolfpackfan macrumors 68000

Still planning on ordering the 38mm Space Gray Sport model with black band at 3:00AM with in-store pickup. I am still undecided which I really want 38 or 42, but plan on ordering the 38 and trying it out for a couple of weeks. If I decide it is too small, then I'll return it and re-order a 42. I really want the 38 to work because of 1) it's price and 2) I like small watches. I just don't like these big hulking devices on my wrist. But I'll have to weigh that against the small screen size. We'll see.

22. mattopotamus macrumors G4

mattopotamus

Grrr, indeed!

23. ttexxan macrumors regular

Will be ordering the SS along with White sport band. Then going to pick up Milanese Loop and possibly a black sports band. I originally wanted the black SS but didnt want to pay those prices on first gen..

My 12 year old also wants a Pink sport addition so might pick that up for her as well. She is a tech head like me lol

24. BeyondtheTech macrumors 68020

BeyondtheTech

Took the day off tomorrow (have too many carried-over vacation days that the boss wants me to get rid of), so looks like I'll be pulling an all-nighter, or at least a late-nighter, for this one.

Here's a checklist:
    • Check which credit cards have available balance for entire purchase.
    • Associate proper credit card and billing address with Apple ID.
    • Have multiple devices ready with the Apple Store app or website and chosen Apple ID.
      • Make sure device is fully charged.
      • Turn on Do Not Disturb.
      • Close all background apps.
      • Check Touch ID and Apple Pay.
    • Use different internet sources for each device (Wi-Fi on one, cellular on the other, etc.)
    • Check the Apple Store app for the proper Apple ID.
    • Check that security code is entered for selected credit card.
    • Favorite all the products and accessories you want.
    • Pre-order or reserve the products at launch time with whichever device can get through.
    • Determine if heading to a local Apple store will provide better outcome.
      • If so, line up before store opens.
      • Determine if online pre-order/reservation should be canceled over in-store pre-order/reservation.

25. MeFromHere macrumors 6502

Let me guess. Your day job is Project Manager, right? :)