Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

shimmer11

macrumors member
Jun 25, 2007
I just paid the black tax. I like the look of the black MacBook much better than the white. And I like the slight matte finish on the black versus the smooth, slick plastic on the white.

My wife has a white 2.0GHz Core Duo model that I was using for a while while deciding if the MacBook was the right machine for me - screen size and integrated graphics and such.

Bought the black one tonight (typing on it now), even after playing with a few MacBook Airs at my local Apple Store. The Air is a very sexy machine, but in the end I think I'd need more storage space and more RAM, and I believe I'd need the optical drive enough such that carrying the external drive would seriously reduce any weight savings I'd otherwise have.

:apple:Once you go black... you never go back.

Ha! Just bought a Black Macbook tonight also. The Macbook Air is nice, but I hope this Macbook will last me longer! The finance comittee (wife) also liked the price better.

Enjoy!
Andy

Ha! Just bought a Black Macbook tonight also. The Macbook Air is nice, but I hope this Macbook will last me longer! The finance comittee (wife) also liked the price better.

Enjoy!
Andy
Hrm... have to agree with both of those posts. The Air just can't compete with the "BlackBook". They're awesome. I still wish I hadn't bought the mid-range white one.:(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.