Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jedolley

macrumors 68000
Sep 18, 2009
I was taking a look at the iPad accessories on MacMall (most of which are not in stock yet). I noticed an interesting Incipio case which is not listed on their site, but MacMall already has pictures and their pre-order price is pretty reasonable (compared to other iPad cases).

Edit: Links don't appear to work. Just search "Incipio Kickstand for iPad" to find it.

MatthewStorm

macrumors 6502a
Oct 19, 2003
Chapel Hill
I was taking a look at the iPad accessories on MacMall (most of which are not in stock yet). I noticed an interesting Incipio case which is not listed on their site, but MacMall already has pictures and their pre-order price is pretty reasonable (compared to other iPad cases).

Edit: Links don't appear to work. Just search "Incipio Kickstand for iPad" to find it.

Link worked fine but isn't that crazy to have a case that is open at the corners? That's exactly where you'd drop it.

wingnut8

macrumors 65816
Jun 8, 2007
I emailed switcheasy to see what their working on and got this response:

Hello,

Sorry but we don't have an exact date for the launch of the case for the iPad,
it should be available in 2 weeks or so.

Please come back again to check out all of our products availability
and information at: http://www.switcheasy.com/store/

We appreciate your patience!

Sincerely,

Switcheasy Team – Celine

I'll probably wait to buy anything more until they release their case. Always been happy with their products.

jedolley

macrumors 68000
Sep 18, 2009
I emailed switcheasy to see what their working on and got this response:

Hello,

Sorry but we don't have an exact date for the launch of the case for the iPad,
it should be available in 2 weeks or so.

Please come back again to check out all of our products availability
and information at: http://www.switcheasy.com/store/

We appreciate your patience!

Sincerely,

Switcheasy Team – Celine

I'll probably wait to buy anything more until they release their case. Always been happy with their products.

Cool. I've been checking Switcheasy's store for an update. I just wonder if they will step outside their comfort zone with the iPad, or should we just expect some silicone skins or plastic covers for the back. I really like that type of stuff or the iPhone/iPods, but not so much on the iPad.

TraceyS/FL

macrumors 601
Jan 11, 2007
North Central Florida
Cool. I've been checking Switcheasy's store for an update. I just wonder if they will step outside their comfort zone with the iPad, or should we just expect some silicone skins or plastic covers for the back. I really like that type of stuff or the iPhone/iPods, but not so much on the iPad.

I've been checking too.

Of course, not that i can ORDER anything.... their addy registers at my bank as a Hong Kong addy - and all of them are BLOCKED. HMPH.

Been trying to order a Torrent for my Touch....

TraceyS/FL

macrumors 601
Jan 11, 2007
North Central Florida
I'm curious to see how you like it with the Apple case. As an aside, is the bag large enough to throw an ultra-portable Laptop into the main bag? Every now and then I need to carry my small Dell work lappy with me.

Did you click on the flickr link with the pictures? They should be bigger so you can see all the crap i have in there! LOL!!

You could probably put 3-4 netbooks in the main section. At least.

The only thing that is getting smushed is the very tops of the red/green/yellow tabbed file folders i have in there. My DD squeezed a zippered binder in there last week - it was really too tall to fit, but the adjustable straps helped and she did it.

But the Apple Case is out on a truck for delivery... leaving the town i will be in all morning to come to mine. Figures huh? LOL!

Brammy

macrumors 68000
Sep 17, 2008
Did you click on the flickr link with the pictures? They should be bigger so you can see all the crap i have in there! LOL!!

yep! I did. It's just hard to get a sense of scale. Right now I'm using my Timbuk2 Commuter bag and the iPad is a little swimmy in the laptop area. I tried to find your bag at my local REI but they didn't have one.

I'd like a smaller bag that'll fit the iPad better, but I think having a bag that I can keep all my daily stuff with me (access badges, chargers, etc) and have the flexibility of dropping either my 13" MBP or the work lappy in.

That said, because I have a bag fetish and can't resist, I'll likely end up with one.

Cory Bauer

macrumors 6502a
Jun 26, 2003
Dock question

Question for those who have the apple dock: if I plug it into my 24" apple led display, will it charge if the connected MacBook Pro is asleep or shutdown? I'd like to dock it at night but don't want to leave my computer on all the time. Thanks.

DotCom2

macrumors 603
Feb 22, 2009
Clear not white silicone skin?

I am looking for a quality CLEAR silicone skin for my iPad.
Anyone know where to get one let me know please!
THanks.

TraceyS/FL

macrumors 601
Jan 11, 2007
North Central Florida
yep! I did. It's just hard to get a sense of scale. Right now I'm using my Timbuk2 Commuter bag and the iPad is a little swimmy in the laptop area. I tried to find your bag at my local REI but they didn't have one.

I'd like a smaller bag that'll fit the iPad better, but I think having a bag that I can keep all my daily stuff with me (access badges, chargers, etc) and have the flexibility of dropping either my 13" MBP or the work lappy in.

That said, because I have a bag fetish and can't resist, I'll likely end up with one.

OK, new batch of pictures - and nary a problem fitting the Apple Case in the pocket! I added some different ones that might help get a size reference.... i hope!

Please ignore any evidence that apparently the tile installer was paid in beer - it gets worse as the room finishes :eek: Ye gads....

Attachments

• Picture 598.png
    Picture 598.png
    355.7 KB · Views: 124

SchneiderMan

macrumors G3
May 25, 2008
I am looking for a quality CLEAR silicone skin for my iPad.
Anyone know where to get one let me know please!
THanks.

iSkin will be coming out with iPad cases later today.

For proporta use code "Gadgetmac" for 10% off.

Timo_Existencia

Contributor
Jan 2, 2002
Despite my having trashed the Apple Case several times on this forum, I've now got it on my iPad and guess what…I'm actually liking it. Not loving it, but liking it. Enough so that I cancelled, for now, a Vaja Case that I had on order.

What I like about it:

1. Minimalism. It is thin. That was was a detriment to me when I saw it before, thinking it was cheap and flimsy; now I WANT minimalism on my iPad. It's heavy enough.

2. The flap: typing, even on my lap, is much improved when I have the slight angle that the back flap affords me.

What I don't like:

1. The edges are still a bit rough for me.

2. No dock access; I know I can "cut" the cover, I just prefer not to.

Anyway, carry on. :)

T4R06

macrumors 65816
Oct 8, 2007
CT
Im suggesting not to buy on handhelditems. I bought silicone to them and the fitting is not good.

T4R06

macrumors 65816
Oct 8, 2007
CT

Brammy - what size is your timbuk2? I bought the classic messenger XS and I will receiving mine tomorrow.

Brammy

macrumors 68000
Sep 17, 2008
OK, new batch of pictures - and nary a problem fitting the Apple Case in the pocket! I added some different ones that might help get a size reference.... i hope!

Please ignore any evidence that apparently the tile installer was paid in beer - it gets worse as the room finishes :eek: Ye gads....

Thanks, that's handy.

Aside: I was pretty active in CAP when I was a kid.

Brammy

macrumors 68000
Sep 17, 2008
Brammy - what size is your timbuk2? I bought the classic messenger XS and I will receiving mine tomorrow.

It's a full-size messenger bag made for a 15" laptop. The iPad is very swimmy in it. I like the size of Tracey's bag, but I'm afraid I'll get it and be limited on those times I do need to throw a laptop in the bag and go. So, while this one is big, I can carry all my charging cables (even my spare MacBook one), access badges, etc. and be able to throw one of the laptops in if I need to.

I need to take a look at the Freestyle and see if I can toss a 13" MBP in there if I need to.

jedolley

macrumors 68000
Sep 18, 2009
Yesterday I used my Timbuk2 Classic Messenger extensively and other than the shortish strap I was reminded of another issue I have with it. The shoulder pad doesn't stay in place very well, I feel like I'm always having to adjust where it is, and sometimes find it has completely fallen off my shoulder.

I went ahead and decided to go with the Tom Bihn Ristretto for iPad/Netbooks (Black/Steel). I'll have pictures and a short review/opinion. I also will have a comparison of the Apple Case (found one at a Best Buy) and the Marware Eco-Vue.

T4R06

macrumors 65816
Oct 8, 2007
CT
Yesterday I used my Timbuk2 Classic Messenger extensively and other than the shortish strap I was reminded of another issue I have with it. The shoulder pad doesn't stay in place very well, I feel like I'm always having to adjust where it is, and sometimes find it has completely fallen off my shoulder.

I went ahead and decided to go with the Tom Bihn Ristretto for iPad/Netbooks (Black/Steel). I'll have pictures and a short review/opinion. I also will have a comparison of the Apple Case (found one at a Best Buy) and the Marware Eco-Vue.

is this the new timbuk2 messenger you are referring?

jedolley

macrumors 68000
Sep 18, 2009
is this the new timbuk2 messenger you are referring?

No, its a Classic Messenger from last year. However, I don't think any of the changes to the 2010 Classic Messenger had anything to do with the shoulder pad. I am not referring to the Freestyle Netbook Messenger TraceyS/FL has, but Timbuk2 accessories are pretty universal so I would assume they use the same shoulder pad.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.