Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

What's better Firefox or Safari?

• Firefox

Votes: 39 25.3%
  • Safari

Votes: 115 74.7%

• Total voters

TuffLuffJimmy

macrumors G3
Apr 6, 2007
Portland, OR
name some bugs I haven't noticed any.

here's one I found in less than 30 seconds of firefox 3's release
You just touch the zoom button so it zooms out and you get a tiny smashed window.

Attachments

• Picture 1.png
    Picture 1.png
    13.2 KB · Views: 142

TuffLuffJimmy

macrumors G3
Apr 6, 2007
Portland, OR
Nope. I don't. :)

That probably means you have adjusted the size since you started using Firefox, if you had just left it alone you'd have that issue. Although you can force this issue to come up by dragging the corner until you have that tiny window. Obviously that's still an issue with firefox since it shouldn't allow you to resize a window like that.

Mindflux

macrumors 68000
Oct 20, 2007
Austin
That probably means you have adjusted the size since you started using Firefox, if you had just left it alone you'd have that issue. Although you can force this issue to come up by dragging the corner until you have that tiny window. Obviously that's still an issue with firefox since it shouldn't allow you to resize a window like that.

Nope! Never adjusted it from it's default size.

Trajectory

macrumors 6502a
Nov 13, 2005
Earth
This kind of argumentation is ridiculous ;-)

Safari, Firefox, Opera, IE - all have a long list of CSS rendering problems, form upload problems, and a bunch of others.

Argumentation??

I know all browsers have bugs. I was specifically addressing bugs in Firefox as another user requested.

Aronnax

macrumors regular
Feb 18, 2008
Argumentation??

I know all browsers have bugs. I was specifically addressing bugs in Firefox as another user requested.

Ok - right ;-)
In the context of the whole discussion, was it maybe not a good idea not to mention that all browser have a long list of open bugs, and they will ever have a long list.

(more precisely, in the context of a lot of stupid, childish and unfair arguments in the whole thread here)

maxrobertson

macrumors 6502a
Jun 15, 2006
Jakarta
Doesn't matter about any of that stuff, because the fact of the matter is, Opera is a million times better.

Though if you do switch to Firefox, better for the Safari users. I hear less users makes Safari snappier :D

Ugh, shut up dude. Opera is the worst browser I've ever had the misfortune of using. You Opera pushes get on my nerves.

LCPGUY

macrumors newbie
May 20, 2008
So. California
I prefer Safari over FireFOX, but my most used browser is still OmniWEB, which is very fast and used Webkit. I also like its site specific preferences.

Trajectory

macrumors 6502a
Nov 13, 2005
Earth
Ok - right ;-)
In the context of the whole discussion, was it maybe not a good idea not to mention that all browser have a long list of open bugs, and they will ever have a long list.

Your point is moot. I was addressing the poster who asked what bugs were in Firefox.

ruinfx

macrumors 6502a
Feb 20, 2008
i will continue to use firefox 3 until safari will open links in a new tab with a simple click.

wrldwzrd89

macrumors G5
Jun 6, 2003
Solon, OH
i will continue to use firefox 3 until safari will open links in a new tab with a simple click.
Eh? Do you do that with an add-on? I don't think that's possible with a default Firefox installation.
Kilamite said:
That is one thing I hate about Safari - having to press CMD+Click to open links in the same window.
Really? I'm surprised. I CMD+Click all the time, and it doesn't bother me one bit.

hmorris

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 12, 2008
Nowhere
I prefer Safari over FireFOX, but my most used browser is still OmniWEB, which is very fast and used Webkit. I also like its site specific preferences.
I've never even heard of OmniWEB lol I'll download it and check it out

ruinfx

macrumors 6502a
Feb 20, 2008
Eh? Do you do that with an add-on? I don't think that's possible with a default Firefox installation.

Really? I'm surprised. I CMD+Click all the time, and it doesn't bother me one bit.

no add-on required. its something so simple that annoys me so much about safari.

screencapturehp0.png

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.