Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
Given the size of iPhone 8 compared to Note 8 it looks really Small and downgrade to me :mad: Apple should have retained the Plus model in 6.4 form factor.

Have you seen the iPhone 8 yet? Then how does this look a like a "Downgrade" to you or how are you able to compare both devices based off a render?

Also, how could of Apple retained a 6.4 form factor if there was never a 6.4 iPhone to begin with?

Last edited:

Sunny1990

Suspended
Original poster
Feb 13, 2015
Have you seen the iPhone 8 yet? Then how does this look a like a "Downgrade" to you or how are you able to compare both devices based off a render?
I overreacted here :mad: i understand. Don't get me wrong i am actually very interested in this year's iPhone. Given the OLED and bezel less display. This is nearly a dream come true for me. The only thing i am little bit concerned about is screen size. But that's fine. That's only for one year.

Also, how could of Apple retained a 6.4 form factor if there was never a 6.4 iPhone to begin with?
Based on rumors Apple will launch 6.4 inch iPhone next year which i am looking forward to. Very very excited to see my 6.4 dream iPhone :)

Last edited:

I7guy

macrumors Nehalem
Nov 30, 2013
Gotta be in it to win it
theres a reason 7 Plus or Plus series in general outsells the standard size phone. Most importantly are Texting any male with normal or large hands may have a hard time texting and a smaller display or device. And while the new iPhone 8 is likely 5.8" diagonally its overall display size makes it comprable in size to the 4.7" iPhone along those lines a small device is difficult to hold. Sometimes I find my old iPhone 5s and its comically small.
Watching videos and Social Media are hands down better on a larger device.
My favorite form factor is 5s or se size. I'm using my old 5s to test iOS 11 and it is sooooo comfortable, what to do.

jamesrick80

macrumors 68030
Sep 12, 2014
Apple would never allow that many apps on one page. They'll limit it to 24-30 apps with thick spaces between each app.
Apple really should allow actual live widgets..a home display with just icons is a boring mess.....

Technarchy

macrumors 604
May 21, 2012
Apple really should allow actual live widgets..a home display with just icons is a boring mess.....

Widgets are like playing Flash. I have an S8+ and widgets are largely useless on the home screen.

Bixby’s integration of widgets is more valuable.

Macalway

macrumors 68040
Aug 7, 2013
It would be fun to field test various sizes. The Note 8 looks intriguing, but it's not like Samsung found the sweet spot. They have more of a kitchen sink game plan.

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
That camera bump, vertical alignment and fugly notch. Apple failed me this time around.

Apple didn't fail you. They didn't design iPhone with just you in mind, aside from the millions of users who they did design the iPhone for. Your preferences doesn't align with their design and engineering means because you have limitations that you can't see past why the Notch exists to maximize the display and the vertical camera for augmented reality.

Last edited:
Reactions: macTW

blackberrycubed

macrumors 6502a
Feb 26, 2013
Apple didn't fail you. They didn't design iPhone with just you in mind, aside from the millions of users who they did design the iPhone for. Your preferences doesn't align with their design and engineering means because you have limitations that you can't see past why the Notch exists to maximize the display and the vertical camera for augmented reality.

Are you seriously implying that I am the only one that finds the design , the bump and notch fugly ?

You must be a paid shill, or blind to not see how many are in the same boat as me.

NO need to come to apples defense like its your baby. Jesus.

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
Are you seriously implying that I am the only one that finds the design , the bump and notch fugly ?

You must be a paid shill, or blind to not see how many are in the same boat as me.

A paid shill? On an Apple related website? I will assume you're being facetious and Will ignore this all together.

And no, I'm not simply implying it's just you, but Did I read your post on here, therefore I commented On what you specifically said. What you said, was Apple failed you. Again, Apple didn't "Fail" you, because they didn't design the iPhone around you and you only. Blunt as it may appear, you do fail to grasp the engineering design of this new iPhone and the reasoning for the changes...because of a vertical camera?

You can't see past why the notch exists which I already explained the purpose and the vertical cameras intentions. If you think for a second Apple designed the notch and change the orientation of the camera from horizontal to vertical just to inconvenience you or others because of a physical design change, truly indicates you can't see past a simple physical characteristic due to being myopic.

Last edited:
Reactions: macTW

Gathomblipoob

macrumors 603
Mar 18, 2009
A paid shill? On an Apple related website? I will assume you're being facetious and Will ignore this all together.

And no, I'm not simply implying it's just you, but Did I read your post on here, therefore I commented On what you specifically said. Again, What you said, was Apple failed you. Again, Apple didn't "Fail" you, because they didn't design the iPhone around you and you only. Blunt as it may appear, you do fail to grasp the engineering design of this new iPhone and the reasoning for the changes...because of a vertical camera?

You can't see past why the notch exists which I already explained the purpose and the vertical cameras intentions. If you think for a second Apple designed the notch and change the orientation of the camera from horizontal to vertical just to inconvenience you or others because of a physical design change, truly indicates you can't see past a simple physical characteristic due to being myopic.

You shill, you. :D

macTW

Suspended
Oct 17, 2016
Nice post and very true.
Part of the reason I got a Galaxy S Plus on Monday was the Note 8 Spec leaks.

S8+ 6.2" OLED vs. Note 8 6.3" OLED and they have Buy 1 Get 1 Free offers on the S8+ 0.1" I can live without.

What Apple fans are being trolled on by Apple is that a 5.8" actually more like 5.7" because the middle cameras intrude. Is that with No Home button is that 5.7" is down right lady like and roughly the same as the 4.7" IPhone in size.

Really hoping that Next years phones are 120hz Promotion HDR Displays really looking forward to the IPHone 8s Plus.
Not necessarily being trolled if the sides to the cutout are always on display. I'd gladly give a bit for always on view.
[doublepost=1504673637][/doublepost]
That camera bump, vertical alignment and fugly notch. Apple failed me this time around.
"Ugh hideous camera bump. Go back to the iPhone 4 days."

"Ugh horrible photos. My *insert DSLR here* destroys it."

goobot

macrumors 603
Jun 26, 2009
long island NY

Every iPhone has been called ugly.
The original had the black bump,
The 3g had disgusting plastic,
The 4 had ugly antenna bands,
The 5 had the horrid aluminum body wedged between glass,
The 6 had ugly antenna lines,
and the 7 didn't do anything and kept the fugly camera bump.

Someone is going to always be displeased.

Reactions: Sunny1990

mib1800

Suspended
Sep 16, 2012
Not necessarily being trolled if the sides to the cutout are always on display. I'd gladly give a bit for always on view.
[doublepost=1504673637][/doublepost]
"Ugh hideous camera bump. Go back to the iPhone 4 days."

"Ugh horrible photos. My *insert DSLR here* destroys it."

The main downside I see with the cutout is that it can't be used for anything except status. That's like 0.5in permanently gone from the 5.8in screen. Minus another 0.5inch used by the soft home key, you are just left with 4.8 inch effective screen.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.