Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Calebtt

macrumors regular
Aug 26, 2012
I must agree with title I checked it out today and if I do decide to get the max I might be changing to gold.

BODYBUILDERPAUL

Suspended
Feb 9, 2009
Barcelona
I have to admit. I had two reserved: SG Max and Gold Max. Once I saw the fingerprints all over the SG that sold me on the gold. Plus, it's a really sweet color. A lot better than that crappy rose gold.

I disagree. The rose gold was my favourite. This new gold I hate, it's caramel coloured behind the glass.

kupkakez

macrumors 68020
Apr 4, 2011
Austin, TX
When they leaked pictures of the watch in the gold color I knew I had to get my phone in gold! I have it now and love the color! I ended up also ordering the watch in the gold stainless the other day. I just love it.

Last edited:

eekcat

macrumors 65816
Apr 5, 2010
I've already received several unsolicited opinions that it looks "pink." It's gorgeous when reflecting something, but otherwise I'd have to agree that it's a little too pink. Maybe I need to be more secure in my masculinity, but all of the women in the office wanted the color. :)

55924194188__5A2B56C1-EE33-4F5D-91EB-2565990D4D17.jpeg
55924190501__F6A28B81-D452-4C0E-BC4C-48EE76040275.jpeg

Last edited:

jsmitty

macrumors 6502a
Sep 18, 2016
NC
And then you go and put a screen protector on it to ruin the clean lines...
The gold looks awesome. I’ve described the back as a champagne color and now that I have it in low indoor light after dark it reflects a nice gold.

Apple gave me a free screen protector and case because my upgrade was all messed up and Sprint sims didn’t come in and I was at the store for almost 3 hours this morning. I’ve never used a protector before and I’m not sure I’m keen on keeping it on - it disrupts the smooth lines.

AndyDiamond

macrumors 6502
Jul 12, 2004
The Black Lodge
I went to the Apple store to check it out today.

In the past I've had black phones (3G/4/4S), silver (6 Plus/7Plus) and a silver X.
Gold phones were never my thing, although the smaller iPhone 7 looks quite nice in both gold shades.

After checking out the gold Max in the flesh, I'm 99% sold on getting it in gold.
I have to say, I do think the back looks quite pink, but not as pink as the 8/8 Plus.
What sold me was putting it to a black Apple silicone case - the black and gold looks very nice together.

I'm not a fan of Apple's Space Grey for the 8 and X - with the glass back it just looks clunky.
The silver with the white back is very classy although on the Max that big white area looks a bit overkill.

I think Apple's best black colors were the iPhone 7 jet black and matt black - but I guess that is not possible with glass backs? Although the XR in black looks to be more like a jet black?

BradLA

macrumors regular
Sep 26, 2016
Los Angeles, CA
I received my iPhone XS Max in gold today and the back glass is iridescent. The most beautiful iPhone ever released by a long shot.

squidkitten

macrumors 6502
Mar 10, 2012
Omaha
I love mine! The back glass is so beautiful, it reflects light so nicely! I'm going to keep it without a case for a while just to look at it.

Suspended
Oct 2, 2016
I've already received several unsolicited opinions that it looks "pink." It's gorgeous when reflecting something, but otherwise I'd have to agree that it's a little too pink. Maybe I need to be more secure in my masculinity, but all of the women in the office wanted the color. :)

View attachment 786427 View attachment 786428
There’s nothing wrong with pink it’s just a color like any other in fact it looks great on the phone.

PBz

macrumors 68030
Nov 3, 2005
SoCal
I am not a gold person. I don’t wear jewelry. I personally would never wear gold. WTS, the new gold.. if you like gold .. looks amazing. Ultra-premium. Gorgeous hardware. Not for me but impressive.

tgwaste

macrumors 68000
Sep 18, 2013
I’ve always bought the black version but I had to go gold this year. It’s so so sexy. I can’t even put a case on it.

LadiJae

macrumors member
Sep 14, 2014
I am not a gold person. I don’t wear jewelry. I personally would never wear gold. WTS, the new gold.. if you like gold .. looks amazing. Ultra-premium. Gorgeous hardware. Not for me but impressive.

I'm not a good person either, I don't have gold jewelry either....

But for some reason I always get the gold phones

Reactions: PBz
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.