Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

smacrumon

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jan 15, 2016
First, this has to be one of Apple’s greatest ads in recent history, and let me express my disappointment that this Apple TV campaign hasn’t been more pervasive in the advertising scene. If there are any ads I want in front of my face, it's this one.

But second, what is the music used in the advertisement? It appears no one has the answer on any of the forums across the web and that it seems it was possibly a custom piece written for the campaign. But someone must have written it and some orchestra must have performed it. Who is/are that/those person/s and what is the tune's title?

Any ideas, clever people?

Last edited:

benjitek

macrumors 6502a
Sep 23, 2012
IMHO, fairly bland ad. Maybe not fire-the-ad-agency quality, but not great -- definitely forgettable...

bluespark

macrumors 68040
Jul 11, 2009
Chicago
I'm with the OP here -- I particularly like this ad. The music is unassuming and friendly, but nevertheless becomes rather thrilling when connecting the Apple TV to great Hollywood and TV moments. And the ad manages to show the viewer some of the breadth of applications available with the Apple TV. To me, it's anything but "bland."

benjitek

macrumors 6502a
Sep 23, 2012
Me? I'm not the one who offered his opinion on this ad. You stated it was bland... what would make it less bland?
Me? I'm not the one who offered an opinion on my opinion, that's why I was asking you ;-)

Boyd01

Staff member
Feb 21, 2012
New Jersey Pine Barrens
Sorry, just looks and sounds like another annoying ad to me. Reminds me why I stopped watching TV 10 years ago. I have two Apple TV3's but only use them to watch content in my own large library. That ad also reminds me why I didn't get the new Apple TV. ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: mrex
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.