Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jchiou

macrumors 6502
Jun 16, 2009
Northern Virginia
Mine shows it's ready for customer pickup...my center opens at 8am however, I think I'll wait til 9ish to head over there so the lines disperse a bit lol - happy iPhone 6/6+ day everyone! :)

MacRazySwe

macrumors 65816
Aug 7, 2007
Unfortunately our Apple Stores do not offer the ability to reserve for pickup in stores.

Our largest carrier DID however offer the ability to reserve unlocked phones for pick-up, starting yesterday at 00.01. I refreshed at 00.01, but was not able to reserve until half an hour later. Of course, they had every single phone available in stock, except the one I was looking to preorder (iPhone 6, 64GB, Space Gray). My guess is that Apple anticipated that particular model will be the volume-seller and thus reserved the entire stock for our local Apple Store.

Instead, I preordered the iPhone 6, 16GB, Space Gray. I will most likely sell this preorder and try to get the 64GB at the Apple Store. This however does mean I have to stand in line before they open at 8AM. Yuck.

rehlers

macrumors member
Feb 13, 2006
Phoenix, AZ - USA
:D that's exciting! I had an estimated of Oct. 1-7 too... Haven't seen an update yet. Just that it's preparing for shipping and has for almost 24 hours now...

I ordered a 6+ 64gb T-Mobile from Apple.com and am in the October 1-7 also. Yesterday it went from processing to preparing to ship and my CC was charged.

TriathlaJohn

macrumors newbie
Feb 28, 2014
Is anyone elses showing out for delivery already? Couldn't sleep so I woke up to find that UPS says mine phone is already out for delivery?

I'm in DFW area also (on the Dallas side) and mine shows the same 5:31 departure from DFW Airport as yours shows. But then nothing more after that. I have a "hold for pickup" request in on it and am planning to head for the UPS center to be there at 8:00 and hope it's there and ready, b/c I'm headed to OKC this morning and would LOVE to get it before I leave town! :D

blwade

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2014
I ordered a 6+ 64gb T-Mobile from Apple.com and am in the October 1-7 also. Yesterday it went from processing to preparing to ship and my CC was charged.

Mine did the same. I ordered a 6+ 64 gb Space Gray on Verizon. :)

Skylitfly

macrumors 6502a
May 3, 2014
Just pre-ordered iPhone 6, 16GB Space Gray. Today was the pre-order day in Finland. It should arrive 26th, September. Can't wait.

TriathlaJohn

macrumors newbie
Feb 28, 2014
I'm in DFW area also (on the Dallas side) and mine shows the same 5:31 departure from DFW Airport as yours shows. But then nothing more after that. I have a "hold for pickup" request in on it and am planning to head for the UPS center to be there at 8:00 and hope it's there and ready, b/c I'm headed to OKC this morning and would LOVE to get it before I leave town! :D

Haha. I made that post at 6:32 then got in the shower. Got out of shower and refreshed and UPS now shows an update from 6:31 (that wasn't there before) saying it is held and ready for pickup when the center opens at 8:00. Yay!!!

Guy Mancuso

macrumors 6502a
Mar 28, 2009
Just got this on one phone waiting for the second one. It's up to me now

Tempe, AZ, United States 09/19/2014 4:48 A.M. As requested, the delivery change was completed. / The receiver arranged to pick up the package at a UPS facility. Pickup must be made within 5 business days.

Jd3774life

macrumors 6502
Oct 28, 2013
Kansas City
Mine is "out for delivery" as of 6:59am... I'm in the Kansas City area.

Was debating will call last night but was too afraid to mess up the day I get it!! So looks like I'll be sitting at home starring out the window all day!! (Usually til 6-7pm). Haha

flipn0tic

macrumors member
Sep 14, 2012
"Out for delivery" doesn't necessarily mean it's on a truck yet. Mine came up as "out for delivery" at 2:30 AM. Pretty sure a UPS driver isn't going around at 2:30 AM knocking on people's doors for signatures. Realistically, I'm expecting it around 6 or 7 PM.

nowayout203

macrumors regular
Sep 18, 2014
"Out for delivery" doesn't necessarily mean it's on a truck yet. Mine came up as "out for delivery" at 2:30 AM. Pretty sure a UPS driver isn't going around at 2:30 AM knocking on people's doors for signatures. Realistically, I'm expecting it around 6 or 7 PM.

Out for Delivery just means it's been scanned and placed onto a delivery truck (if there's no other status listed).

Bartbull

macrumors newbie
Sep 12, 2014
Ok news flash! In Indianapolis area got to local Sprint store about 7:45 this am. About 5 people in line. Once in all Sprint stores in Indianapolis area received Zero 6Plus's ...Now at BEST Buy store in line with 6Plus 64 Gb.silver. Apple rep here talked to him he stated only 2 Best Buy's in Indianapolis area received 6plus' about 20 per carrier. I originally pre ordered on the 12 for 6plus and was in the 4-6 week group....

Kealohilani

macrumors 6502
Sep 16, 2012
Mine shows it's ready for customer pickup...my center opens at 8am however, I think I'll wait til 9ish to head over there so the lines disperse a bit lol - happy iPhone 6/6+ day everyone! :)

Mine shows out for delivery, but I requested that they be held for pickup. I talked to UPS and they said that it shows in their system that I will be picking it up and that the out for delivery is an automated thing because today is the date it was scheduled to be delivered.

billchase2

macrumors 68000
Feb 28, 2006
Ann Arbor
UPS freaked me out when I woke up a little bit ago. I checked the tracking on my phone and it said that my package was out for delivery, even though I set up a pickup at a local hub! I went to chat... chat's not available. I called the 1-800 number, finally got through the automated system, and the guy told me that "out for delivery" is an auto-generated message and that my iPhone is waiting at the hub for me right now! Unfortunately, they don't open for another hour and 15 minutes, but I plan to take off soon.

----------

Mine shows out for delivery, but I requested that they be held for pickup. I talked to UPS and they said that it shows in their system that I will be picking it up and that the out for delivery is an automated thing because today is the date it was scheduled to be delivered.

Ha! You beat me to the post. I literally just went through the same thing. All before coffee!

Kealohilani

macrumors 6502
Sep 16, 2012
UPS freaked me out when I woke up a little bit ago. I checked the tracking on my phone and it said that my package was out for delivery, even though I set up a pickup at a local hub! I went to chat... chat's not available. I called the 1-800 number, finally got through the automated system, and the guy told me that "out for delivery" is an auto-generated message and that my iPhone is waiting at the hub for me right now! Unfortunately, they don't open for another hour and 15 minutes, but I plan to take off soon.

----------

Ha! You beat me to the post. I literally just went through the same thing. All before coffee!

It's definitely too early for this. I plan on going in about an hour, but they are open in less than 15 mins.

piojispink

macrumors newbie
Sep 19, 2014
I have to wait until lunch time at work to pick up my phone, but It hasn't been delivered to the UPS store just yet.

joshgrigs

macrumors newbie
Sep 19, 2014
Waited at Verizon from 6:15am. Got my 6 Plus 64gb Space Gray - out 30 minutes after they opened.

I will never understand waiting at an Apple Store!

Phightinphils

macrumors 6502
Jul 27, 2012
USA
d074dba2de87fce34ab8a75a8ee36943.jpg

Out For Delivery an hour ago. Hopefully it comes before 11:15. I can't sit through a day of classes knowing it's waiting for me D:

Speedy Dingo

macrumors regular
Jun 4, 2010
Australia
Did that in Brisbane. Got there around 7am, maybe 30 people. The Optus store took 270 reservations the past week, but left a few for the walk ups like me.

Got the 128gb Silver 6 Plus, which was the last one there. Really really happy with it. Was out by about 9:10 after waiting. They gave out forms for people to write down the info of what they were doing (port of number/new/existing/ what phone etc) Was quite slow going at the start but picked up.

They hadn't got any Apple Cases, so gotta go back after work and see if they have any.

I was talking to the Optus guy and yeah, most non-major Optus stores didn't get the 6 Plus, so you're lucky you got the last one.
Cases I've looked on eBay and there's already a good selection if you're not wanting to spend as much as Apple's offerings. Might put that towards AppleCare+.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.