Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Chrisedge

macrumors member
Jan 10, 2006
The OC
Mine departed Zhengzhou at 6:35 PM (China Time), 9/19. It's a Space Gray (a.k.a. "Gray") 6+ with 128GB. I finally got through to order it at 3:54AM EDT on 9/12; if yours is arriving today, could you say what time you ordered it? Yes, I'm in OCD mode over this. My estimated arrival is Thursday 9/25. Blerk.

Same exact story here. Same phone and dates. Got my order in at 1am PDT through the store app. (Had been trying since about 12:10am when I realized the site wasn't coming up.

I got a gold version for my wife that is getting delivered today the same way but her order went through around 12:20am.

Pipper99

macrumors 68040
Aug 14, 2010
Fort Worth, TX
Woot! ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411137232.213851.jpg

Tylercr16

macrumors member
Jan 10, 2013
So, I'm writing this from my brand new 6+
However, I may not be able to get it until tonight due to carrier issues!:mad:

daisky

macrumors newbie
Oct 27, 2008
Am I the only one that doesn't care much for the box this time around? Honestly, I thought I got scammed at first because there's nothing printed on the top of it.

I know it's just a box, but still!

The box looks awful. I haven't opened it yet (need to get a nano sim instead of my micro) but god there is a point where simple and clean becomes bleh.

AaronMT

macrumors regular
Jun 23, 2009
Toronto
Still 'Processing Items' on an order placed at 4am on the 12th of Sept to Canada. Delivery estimate of week of Oct 23rd. Not sure what the point of pre-ordering is with this long a delay.

roland.g

macrumors 604
Apr 11, 2005
Yeah, the box doeseave much to be desired.

It's a new era in Apple criticism when the box comes under fire, not for environmental waste/packaging excess as once was the case, but for aesthetics. "We think your device is beautiful but the box doesn't do it justice". Read that aloud and see if it sounds as ridiculous as it is.

Kealohilani

macrumors 6502
Sep 16, 2012
Just got back from picking my two 6 Plus's from UPS. Was nice enough to activate my husband's and drop it off to him at work before I even opened my box. Just got home and activated it. Don't know about everyone else but right now I am loving my 6 Plus. No regrets whatsoever. Good luck to everyone else. I hope your packages come as expected (or earlier).

John6Plus

macrumors 6502
Sep 19, 2014
Holland, MI
Same exact story here. Same phone and dates. Got my order in at 1am PDT through the store app. (Had been trying since about 12:10am when I realized the site wasn't coming up.

Mine arrived in Zhengzhou. Again. At 7:10 PM CST apparently.

I wish I could activate "Find my iPhone" on it. :rolleyes:

mmomega

macrumors demi-god
Dec 30, 2009
DFW, TX
Picked up my 6+ Gold 128GB from AT&T walk-in.
Was #7 in line and the managers confirmed they had 18 total 6+ phones.

walbridge20

macrumors newbie
Sep 12, 2014
Got my Silver iPhone 6 64 GB at 10:27 EST

Ordered in store at 10:45 9/12/14 and added next day delivery by 10:30.

I have to say the form factor of this phone is next level. Feels great in your hand. Big screen but the phone doesn't feel too big at all. Really glad I went with the regular 6 though, I feel like the 6+ would be too big (and very similar to my iPad mini)

Matt-

macrumors member
Aug 10, 2012
I just preordered mine from apple.com !! I regret not doing it early but I was debating whether I actually needed it or not :mad: 6+ /64 GB /Space grey it's going to be a long month ... (but hopefully only 3 weeks)

DominoBear

macrumors newbie
Sep 19, 2014
Ontario, Canada
Still 'Processing Items' on an order placed at 4am on the 12th of Sept to Canada. Delivery estimate of week of Oct 23rd. Not sure what the point of pre-ordering is with this long a delay.

I ordered (Canada) at 6am ET. I got 7-10 Business Days, Estimated Oct 1-6

Today it finally says Preparing for Shipment

I tried at 3-5am and was never able to access the Apple site. So how few did they have for Canada that I was not able to get one Today?

6, Space Grey, 64gb

daisky

macrumors newbie
Oct 27, 2008
It's a new era in Apple criticism when the box comes under fire, not for environmental waste/packaging excess as once was the case, but for aesthetics. "We think your device is beautiful but the box doesn't do it justice". Read that aloud and see if it sounds as ridiculous as it is.

I read it aloud. I have to admit it did not sound ridiculous.

Seriously, your argument is that the new box is environmentally friendly? :rolleyes: Who is being ridiculous now?

The box is just a reflection of Apple's current aesthetic direction, mostly evident in ios. My own opinion is that it removes what has made apple so different (and beautiful). Others may like it, and that is fine.

Vorpal279

macrumors member
Oct 12, 2011
Eastern NC
Arrived at my local Verizon store at 7:10 AM and only 10 people in line. Traded my iPhone 5 for a free iPhone 6 and was out the door at 8:20. Got the 16 GB Space Grey. The size is absolutely perfect.

blwade

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2014
Excited!

Ordered around 5 am EST
iPhone 6+
64 gb Space Gray

Originally said 7-10 days (Oct. 1 - Oct. 6)

Just found my phone on UPS with an estimated delivery date of September 25 :)

laryenhilllvr

macrumors regular
Dec 29, 2012
NYC

You make a very valid point, it still doesn't change that we, as a society, have devolved into complaining about the look of boxes. Though, to be fair, I wasn't really complaining.

APPLEFAN8

macrumors 65816
Jun 30, 2007
NJ/GA/FL
**** the fedex guy just crashed in front of my house so I'm going through his truck while he's unconscious at the wheel! I see iPhone boxes!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.