The "I just returned my black iP4, awaiting white!" thread

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by millerb7, Jul 21, 2010.

1. millerb7 macrumors 6502a

Just returned my black, contract reset, all is well.

Awaiting the white to come now.

Getting excited... it's like christmas all over again.

Black iPhone 4
    Free bumper already
    Free 3g Microcell...

/TheEnd

2. ThatsMeRight macrumors 68020

Congrats. Over here, in The Netherlands, there's already a shipping time of 10 weeks... and the iPhone 4 hasn't even launched here yet.

3. hcho3 macrumors 68030

How did you get 3G microcell free?
    Also, what happened with your upgrade fee? I am sure AT&T will charge you even if you returned your iphone 4.

4. topmounter macrumors 68020

topmounter

How much longer will I have to wait for MY white iPhone because of you opportunistic vultures!?!?!?!

5. millerb7 thread starter macrumors 6502a

My first upgrade fees were all waived, so will this one.

I got a microcell for being a preferred customer. I posted my letter a few weeks (1 week I think) back.

I have 6 iPhones so I get good treatment.

And unlike these boards, I'm very nice IRL.

6. millerb7 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Sorry ;(

Don't know you though. And I wanted a white since release of ip4.

But I wanted to play on a ip4.

Anyways. Back on topic.....

Who else is with me?

7. Project-79 macrumors 6502

Project-79

Not to sound negative, but what right do you think you have to buy a product that you know you’re going to return it for a different colour? That’s like marrying someone, and divorcing them if you find a prettier woman.

Why not just wait the extra month and not screw Apple into a refurbished iPhone that was perfectly fine to start with?

8. Maverick1337 macrumors 65816

Maverick1337

Yes because breaking your vows is exactly the same thing as following what Apple said. If you don't like it, return it within 30 days. He didn't like so he's returning it. Just because you think your a good Samaritan for waiting the extra month doesn't justify you trying to bring him down.

To the OP, I'm thinking of doing the same thing. When I look at my black iPhone 4, I see my iPhone 3G. However I have a question for your. You returning your iPhone 4, does that mean you won't get the unlimited data plan option? That is the only thing holding me back.

9. cowsrus macrumors 6502

just so you know this thread is going to be flamed
    nobody likes someone who needs their instant gratification

I definitely look down on you, but i'm not really in the mood to flame
    thankfully theres a large portion of people who also dislike you, or the internet form of you, on here

10. Craiger macrumors 6502a

Craiger

We have every right ever since Jobs said that all iphone 4's have a 30 day return. That gives us the right. If he hadn't done that then we would have to pay a restocking fee or only have 14 days.

anyway, apple received my phone today and I am waiting on att to give me my upgrade back.

oh and don't even compare buying a phone to marriage.

11. iamthekiller macrumors 6502a

I'm glad you already ended your thread, because people aren't going to come in here to jerk you off with your material bragging.

12. Maverick1337 macrumors 65816

Maverick1337

Dang you're such an E-Thug. You look down on him man you must be sooo cool to just sit there and throw out stupid comments. Do people really care what other people say on the internet. It's faceless communication that has zero value when used to harass someone.

I hope you feel better sleeping at night knowing that you told the OP OFF!

13. millerb7 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Well. Not to be negative Nancy here, but I live in the USA.

Divorce rate is over 50%.
    You keep your plan. Nothing in that department changes. Just DON'T update your phone on your account online. As long as you don't do that yourself, you keep everything as it was.

You'll be fine.

If you want white, do it IMO.

If you do it at the AT&T store your contract is instantly cancelled (or reverted back). Apple takes like 24-48 hours.

14. Chunkycat macrumors 6502

Oh please!!! I could then say the same about all people who rushed to get their upgrades as existing iPhone users ahead of those who were buying one for the first time and creating new accounts. Grow up and move on! It's not like you'll have to wait for months or years!

On the topic: I'm waiting for the white one to be available too. Not returning my black iPhone 4 though. I decided to hold on to it until I can see the white one "in person" and then I may just buy it on a new line on the account.:)

15. cowsrus macrumors 6502

I'm confused, there is like 10 other comments here on my side, saying the same thing. I'm an E-Thug because I didn't say "**** you" or something troll-like? Man you are cool for "tryin to bring me down to your level." I'm sure you were really happy and content when you wrote that reply and posted it, weren't you?

Apple also said "If you want a white iPhone, don't buy a black one"
    it seems like a simple statement, but you know that girl in charlie and the chocolate factory? the one who "wants it NOWWWWWWW," well here are those girls, all grown up

16. Maverick1337 macrumors 65816

Maverick1337

I have until the 29th because that's when ATT released the iPhone 4 so I can wait a bit. I also fear that the iPhone 4 in white will be on backorder for another 3 weeks. That's 3 weeks without my iPhone. How are you doing with that?

17. millerb7 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Let's all play nice. I've already been banned twice in 2 weeks. 3-day and 7-day lol.

Trying to avoid a 3rd ;)

Anybody else swapping colors?

18. Project-79 macrumors 6502

Project-79

But, you guys knew what colour you were buying before you purchased it. This is not like having an antenna issue, or not like the software, or not being able to afford the phone. At least you changed your mind after you purchased the iPhone 4. The OP bought the iPhone knowing that he was going to return to 30 days later. Once you realize you want a refund, you should return it as soon as possible, and not take it for a free 30 day joy ride.

It’s not Apple’s fault that you wanted a white iPhone 4, but purchased a black one.

19. Maverick1337 macrumors 65816

Maverick1337

Lol I love this guy. I don't know about you but I am not very fond of listening to Steve Job's. I jailbreak, I don't hold my phone differently, and if I want a white iPhone and have a black one but the white one is not in stock, you can count on it that I will return my iPhone 4 in black for a white.

20. millerb7 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Older models.

Or just a random nokia whatever.

The gratification of white is worth it ;)

21. Maverick1337 macrumors 65816

Maverick1337

All right. So by your logic, if you bought the black one but was unsatisfied with it by anything OTHER than the color, you can return it and buy the white one. Well, I thought I could live with the antenna problem or the faulty proximity sensor after I bought it so I think I'll return it. It may just be a coincidence that I come back with a white one ;). There now do you like me? Am I accepted by the Macrumors community now?

And for the record, I didn't buy the black iPhone knowing I was going to take it back for the white one. I thought I could live with the fingerprints and the same look as my 3G. But after a while I want something knew and exciting and I am also a conspiracy theorist that they are perfecting the white iPhone 4's unlike the black ones (ie antenna and faulty proximity sensor).

22. millerb7 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Me and you sir, should be friends.

That is all.

23. Project-79 macrumors 6502

Project-79

OK, 1. I said that you aren’t as bad as the OP, because you changed your mind. You purchased it thinking you were keeping it.

Also, no, that is not my logic. By my logic, if you return your iphone because of antenna/proximity issues, you won’t buy another iPhone because you are frustrated with these problems. You would go and buy a different phone (Android or Palm or Blackberry, etc.).

24. aluren macrumors 65816

OMG!! What are you gonna do without an iPhone in the mean time????!!!!!!!!!!!<}*@$%((@($^*@$(%

25. millerb7 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Be lonely ;(

Only another week though, if not sooner.