The "I pre-ordered early but order status still showing backordered" Thread

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by The510Kid, Jun 17, 2010.

1. The510Kid macrumors member

First and formost, I know how long winded the title sounds but its an accurate descripition.

Basicly, this thread if for those of us who stayed up, ordered when the pre-orders began (1am PST) and still are showing our item as backordered

I am currently SH**** bricks over it. I ordered through premier right when preorders opened, att site status shows my order going through on the 15, credit card was charged, confirmation recieved imedietly after order ect..... yet im still backordered.

Share similar concerns, calm each other down, or frenzy into a panic...... heres the thread to do it....:p

2. vespagirl macrumors regular

vespagirl

Same situation here. Ordered stupid early via premier site with no issues, immediate confirmation email, charges authorized in full on my credit card, order shows up online...but says BACKORDERED.

So....does this mean not to expect an early and confirmed preorder to be processed for delivery on launch day?

3. The510Kid thread starter macrumors member

I hate to say thats exactly what it meant last year when i ordered my 3GS.... heres hoping this year will be different :/

4. TroyBoy30 macrumors 68000

TroyBoy30

it's supposed to say back ordered, it aint out yet! lol

5. vespagirl macrumors regular

vespagirl

Yes, and that was my thinking as well, but it was pointed out by others on here that their backordered status converted to ordered. I'm starting to think my survivor's guilt over being able to order is getting to me.

6. pound4pound30 macrumors 6502

pound4pound30

mine doesnt say backordered, and my order date is the 15th as you can see in the picture

[​IMG]

7. kas23 macrumors 603

kas23

Mine also says backordered too. And it says that I ordered on 6/16, which is not true. I actually ordered on 6/15 and have my confirmation email to prove it. I guess they'll be getting another phone call today.

8. nowise macrumors member

In the same boat as y'all. Ordered with premiere on 6.15, order status says 6.16.

9. mistertomlinson macrumors 6502

Well, I wouldn't worry so much yet. Give it a few days. I actually think the backordered status is a GOOD thing. For example, I tried all morning/day to preorder online and finally gave up around 6pm (EST) and went to the AT&T store to buy my i4. They took my order on "pen and paper" and it wasn't actually processed until the next morning, yet my order ISN'T backordered. Obviously, I waited until the last second to place my order and the sales rep even told me my i4 wouldn't arrive on the 24th. So, I should definitely be behind those who preordered in the morning hours. So this leads me to believe your orders are backordered because they've been processed and are simply awaiting shipment. Mine isn't backordered because they haven't even gotten to it and I'm simply "in queue." But I suspect I'll be backordered just as soon as they get to my order.

10. vkramer macrumors regular

I ordered 2 phones 15 minutes apart on 6.15.
    The first phone was able to be seen in Premiere and Regular order status on 6.15, while the second phone was still in Pending mode and unable to be seen on regular att order status. Then on 6.16 it went into received-processing mode in premiere account, and finally this morning it showed up in the regular status order with order date of 6.16.

I think the order dates on the ATT regular order status site correspond to when the order is processed in their processing system. I say this because the Premiere order status shows my order date as 6.15.

11. aarong50 macrumors regular

I guess that makes 3 of us.

Ordered 9:45 a.m. on the 15th through premiere.

12. cea05 macrumors newbie

I ordered at 7:13 EST and I'm still backordered...but processing in Premier. I got a confirmation email at 7:14 and my CC available balance is down by $211dollars...

*crossing my fingers* that I won't be randomly cancelled and that I get my phone next Thursday!!

13. withe011 macrumors regular

Similar situation

I ordered around 4am central on the 15th through premier. My order went to "attention" yesterday (6/16) around 3:30pm with a request to verify my address. I called and got that straightened out. Now my order says 1 ordered and 1 backordered one the regular at&t order status site. It also says that I placed the order on the 16th. I'm calling now to see what I can find out. I'm thinking worst case scenario I'll get the phone on the 28th which is at&t's latest delivery date from my understanding.

14. brinycbri macrumors 6502a

Same boat here. Im starting to think premier orders were later keyed or sent in to the overall processing center later. So tho we ordered early, it dowsnt get processed till much later. Which may mean we're behind many in lines

15. 0101001 macrumors 6502

I was going to order online but when the servers started to stubble headed for Att store and glad I did no line at all was first in the store ordered 3 and left, none of mine say backordered

16. withe011 macrumors regular

UPDATE:

I just got off the phone with att, and they confirmed that my order was placed on the 15th.

For what it's worth, this particular att csr said that they are "all backordered" until they receive the phones. I then asked if the 24th was the ship date or the receive date. She said that the phone would ship on the 24th. I then asked her if it was just my order that would ship out on the 24th or if all att orders start to ship on the 24th. She "we get the phones on the 24th and then ship them out." I'm hoping she's wrong (probably).

17. redsawx31 macrumors newbie

I placed my order at 6:53am est through at&t premier and got a confirmation e-mail shortly after of a final price of $228.94. My order on the premier site is in "processing" and on the at&t wedsite is backordered like most or you. But my credit card only have a hold on it of $217.73. anyone else have this happen???

18. arom macrumors 6502

I ordered on 6/15 9:05AM EDT and mine still says backordered. Seems like from posts I've read ALL Premier accounts say this so far?

Really hope ATT doesnt screw us....

19. kirchnrd macrumors 6502

kirchnrd

Ditto :(

20. nowise macrumors member

I have checked the ATT order status so many times since Tues that I think I saw a duplicate CAPTCHA :p

21. brinycbri macrumors 6502a

I mean seriously, why can't they just tell us they can't get it on the 24th if they can't?

22. kirchnrd macrumors 6502

kirchnrd

My guess is that other posts have confirmed that Premier is a different website, and those orders had to be transmitted over to ATTs system. Since the ATT system was down most of the day, it was the 16th before they could get the data transfered.

So:

1. They knew how many Premier orders they had, and that was taken into account when they cut off the ATT online ordering. We will be OK for launch.

2. They cut off regular ordering because they sold out. The systems caught up. The Premier orders then transmitted to the ATT system, and backordered.

Knowing ATT, I am gonna go with option 2.

23. robotkiller macrumors 6502

robotkiller

I have heard the same - from multiple people - that ATT will be shipping out on the 24th with expected overnight delivery on the 25th. My order is not backordered - placed on the 15th, but showing 16th, with the operator confirming a 6/15 order date.

24. Ferris23 macrumors 68020

For what it's worth I spoke to a upper level supervisor today that told me not to pay any attention to the back order status and if you ordered early on the 15th then you should be all set for a phone on the 24th.

He confirmed to me that the phones ship out the 23rd to arrive on the 24th.

I ordered through Premier on the 15th at 5:40 a.m I received an email, my card was charged and my date says the 15th.

Many people are being told the phone ships on the 24th, that is not accurate, it ships the 23rd if you pre-ordered early.

25. nowise macrumors member

Typical telecom customer service buffoonery :) I wouldn't believe anything the people at the bottom of the ladder say.