The "I won't return my iPhone X" thread

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Spacemaster, Nov 6, 2017.

1. TechnicallyTee macrumors 65816

TechnicallyTee

I a coming from the 8+ and I currently still have my Note 8 which I won’t bw getting rid of since I love to keep an android device around but I have grown to really enjoy the X. I had my doubts in the beginning but it’s all starting to slowly change after some hard usage. I think. I’m getting tired of all the talk about the screen and color shifts. Just use the phone for what it is and be done. I think folks focus way too much on screes color shifts on these new OLED devices. Idk if it’s just me but iOS runs a lot smoother on the X than it did on my 8+. Overall I’m getting very satisfied with the X and I’m sure the 8 is going back.

2. Leonard1818 macrumors 68020

I returned it b/c it was for my wife who has less tolerance for stuff not working right. She needs the "tried and true" while I like the latest and greatest.

3. DNichter macrumors 603

DNichter

I noticed the same as well. iOS 11 is running much better on my X than it did on my 7 Plus. I think it may have to do with the 120hz touch input. Every gesture is super smooth.

4. tsturbo macrumors regular

tsturbo

What isn’t working right on the X? What is not Tried and True on the X....beside Face ID which just plain works! Swiping up is a much easier and natural gesture. I think you made the wrong decision by returning it. This is The hottest phone ever, you will be kicking yourself for returning it.

5. iHeartsteve macrumors 65816

iHeartsteve

Keeping my silver 256G iPhone X! Face ID works amazing well and the phone is gorgeous. I also do not miss the home button. Swiping up is actually much more time efficient.

6. Leonard1818 macrumors 68020

screen wouldn't swipe up out of the box. Just wouldn't work.

Not to mention it looked horribly yellow. Nothing that I haven't seen before (looking at you iPhone 5) but it surely wasn't crisp white.

Then there's the other issues that others are reporting with it. It's just "new" and with that newness comes new bugs and issues. These are things I tolerate, but she doesn't.

I'm not worried about returning the phone. I not only returned it but cancelled my preorder (I got one at VZW which is the one I returned and then proceeded to cancel my preorder). Maybe I'm getting old. Maybe I'm falling out of the loop. Maybe I just don't care about the newest anymore... ???

7. applewatch macrumors 6502

applewatch

I had regrets getting the iPhone 6 a year into using it because I felt it wasn't big enough. I told myself that I would get the next major redesign of the iPhone, which happened to be the iPhone X.

It's safe to say, I love my iPhone X. It's the size of an iPhone 6, but with a screen larger than the iPhone 6+. I am very happy with my purchase.

8. PrettyWings macrumors regular

I think some people are concerned with the money.

9. balaplus macrumors regular

After buying?

10. PrettyWings macrumors regular

They feel bad about spending the money and they look for one reason to return it.

11. Allyance macrumors regular

Allyance

It took several days to get used to the way it works, but I love it. Learning new things every day!

Jon Ivy said it best:

"What I think is remarkable about the iPhone X is that its functionality is so determined by software. And because of the fluid nature of software, this product is going to change and evolve. In 12 months' time, this object will be able to do things that it can't now. I think that is extraordinary. I think we will look back on it and see it as a very significant point in terms of the products we have been developing."

12. big samm macrumors 65816

I know i won’t returning mine, love that thing to death lol I like it so much i feel like buying a 2nd one :p

13. jt1king macrumors newbie

jt1king

14. daijholt macrumors 65816

daijholt

I used the 8+ for 2 days, and while it’s a stellar device, the X feels like a much bigger leap forward. As Jony Ive said in the interview, the X will evolve over time as the software does, while the 8+ will essentially be the same great phone next year, but won’t become any better with time.

15. jlczl macrumors 6502

I am not that much of an iPhone lover but I am a tech lover, specifically smart phones. I currently have a Sony Xperia XZ Premium and a Note 8 alongside my iPhone X and I have to say that this iPhone has blown me away! My expectations weren’t that high to begin with but after using it for a few days the Face ID is remarkable, the gestures are truly intuitive, the screen is gorgeous, the form factor is amazing. On my previous iPhones I would go between the regular model and the plus model never being truly satisfied but with this X I’m getting the best of both worlds and am absolutely loving it! No way I would ever return it.

16. rainafterthesun macrumors 6502

rainafterthesun

I don’t miss the plus size at all. I love the screen size of the X.

The X isn’t perfect but I don’t want an 8 when it’s so similar to the 7 except the 8 didn’t have the matte black (color I had on 7) so the X it is.

17. CharlesShaw macrumors 6502

CharlesShaw

Apparently, I'm one of the very few MR readers who doesn't/didn't own a plus-sized iPhone, so I'm not even sure I'm in the right forum, let alone the right thread. ;)

Today is day seven and I've decided that I'm unable to part with this awesome iPhone X. The ONLY reason I've been on the fence about it was budgetary guilt about not using my iPhone 7 for a second year.

18. aggie99 macrumors newbie

The X is a keeper. After having the 7 Plus for the last year along with a Note 8 it felt a little small at first but I've found that it is much more comfortable to use and the smaller size has actually grown on me. Once all the apps get updated it will nearly be perfect.

19. AppleRobert macrumors 603

Me too, I have a silver and might get a space grey as well.

If I pull the trigger on the space grey I probably would not return it either. :)

20. OneMike macrumors 603

OneMike

Don’t miss my plus at all. Never looked back since 11/3.

I think the 7 Plus IS great. I think the X is great too and has more of what I care about at this time.

21. Charadis macrumors 6502a

I wasn’t planning on buying one at first. Now that I have one, it’s a keeper. No plans to return.

If they come out with a new one that incorporates LCD technology later on, I may consider it; as long as they keep the stainless steel body

22. saltd macrumors 6502a

saltd

The thought of returning my X and going back to the older iPhones is not one that I would entertain. This thing is such a big leap forward for Apple, and I’m glad to have the opportunity to be an early adopter.

Predictably, there is a big backlash against the X by many who couldn’t wait (and bought the 8), or those who just can’t afford it right now. I get that, and have been there-but Apple knocked it out of the park this time around.

23. tsturbo, Nov 10, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2017

tsturbo macrumors regular

tsturbo

You are certainly a very small fractional minority on this, if your story is actually true. This phone is getting rave reviews. If your screen won’t swipe up or it’s yellow, which i have never heard anyone talk or complain about, why did you not exchange for a different X? What exactly are these “other issues” you say others are reporting with it? Something just does not sound accurate here? Did you really buy an X? I am really having doubts about your story.

24. iKrl macrumors regular

I couldn't be happier with it and I honestly think the vast majority of people who have are too. For me the cons I have are hugely outweighed by the pros.

25. mdjasrie macrumors member

The form factor is a huge plus for me. For once I am getting a bigger screen than the plus models but feels much better on the iphone X than the plus.