The I'm Not a Wacktracko Thread!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mcdj, Sep 17, 2012.

1. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

Since there are about 1000 threads for every miniscule insane detail about where people's phones are at a given moment and what the FedEx man had for breakfast, I think some equal air time is in order.

Is this you?

You preordered your iPhone, and your order said it would ship for 9/21, and that's good enough for you.

You don't feel the need to hack the FedEx/UPS servers to get updates every .00025 seconds, or hire a private investigator to find what pallet your phone is sitting on, or break into a dockside warehouse, or network your entire town's computers into a materialistic SETI at Home for iPhone tracking.

You realize that even if you had all this ridiculously granular obsessive information, it DOESN'T CHANGE WHEN YOUR PHONE ARRIVES.

You have friends/boyfriends/girlfriends and a job, which require you to act like a normal human, not a living package delivery widget. You have bathed and breathed fresh air every day since the preorder. You've been eating proper meals.

You have a life. Join us in this thread.

I'm sure there won't be any wackotrackos posting here, because they're too busy juggling 17 tracking windows on their screen, while calling Apple/AT&T/Verizon/FedEx/UPS simultaneously on 5 different phones.

But if you think you MIGHT be a wackotracko, feel free to post here and we will talk you down. Repeat after me...

It's just a phone.

It will be here when it gets here. No amount of stalky wackotracking I do will change that and I'm silly for thinking otherwise.

This is not Christmas. I am not five years old.

Even if it doesn't get here at the exact nanosecond I want it to, everything will be ok. And when it does get here, I won't suffer tracking withdrawals because I am a sane person.

2. penajmz macrumors 68030

penajmz

We are excited. It is ok for us to be this excited, let us be.

3. ECUpirate44 macrumors 603

ECUpirate44

4. VivaLaFisica, Sep 17, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2012

VivaLaFisica macrumors regular

I'm not crazy about getting it ASAP or whatever else these people are doing, but I would like some confirmation from apple that my order isn't in limbo somewhere. I've been processing for days now and haven't recieved any emails.

5. mcdj thread starter macrumors 604

mcdj

you just missed a tracking update. hurry!

6. Allenz macrumors member

I had to log in (which I never do)

Just to thumbs up the op and LOL.

7. kas23 macrumors 603

kas23

I'll be spending Launch Day in my Y2K shelter, with plenty of canned goods and bottled water, of course.

8. EcuadorianMami macrumors regular

i'm going to say i'm somewhat desperate to get the phone just because right now I dont have a phone...and I confess I did try to track my iphone out of curiosity, but I havent made any phone calls or have harrassed at&t....but i'm still on here...i do laugh at some of the post...some people are too funny...especially the ones where they are willing to pay this other person to see the iphone arrive tomorrow...:)

9. cbutters macrumors member

At first I thought this was another pointless thread, but since the OP has so many posts and seniority on the forum, I decided to actually read and consider the post..

I agree with it.. I have seen so many pointless posts in this forum.... I love it and I hate it.... Love the excitement for the new phone, but hate the fact that all the important and relevant information here is getting drowned out by the sea of pointlessness and speculation... Of which I am probably guilty of myself a bit... I also hate the fact that I can't seem to keep myself from checking the forums here about 3 times a day.

That said.. the phone will get here when it gets here.. no more no less... and hopefully for the majority of us; that day is friday.

10. TraceyS/FL macrumors 68040

Darn. I didn't know I was supposed to check the sink to see what my UPS guy had for breakfast. I bet it was oatmeal, it is what he normally has lately.

i'm really wacko because I read the tracking threads when I don't even have one on order.

I wish I did, then I could be at his first stop to get it, then he would glare at me because it would be buried on his truck and i'd be out of luck because he won't dig for me - even if I do babysit for him. HMPH.

11. dgstan macrumors 6502a

I find it interesting that we can track the plane's flight across the Pacific, watch it land, and minutes later, UPS updates it's site.

12. kas23 macrumors 603

kas23

Track the plane? What do you mean? I'm outside with a pair of binoculars waiting for it to pass over.

13. dontwalkhand macrumors 601

dontwalkhand

Flight #

14. mackmgg macrumors 65816

mackmgg

The only reason I care about when mine ships is because of the way AT&T handles shipping iPhones. When you order through Apple, it only lets you pick your billing address. So I had to change my AT&T billing address to where I want the iPhone shipped. But my bill goes out on the 20th. So hopefully Apple will ship the iPhone before then so I can set the billing address back to home.

15. tugger macrumors regular

tugger

Trust your gut. You were right.

16. mcdj thread starter macrumors 604

mcdj

for $5000, I will fly to China, stow away in the wheel hub of the US bound plane carrying your phone, run out on the tarmac when the plane lands, sneak into the cargo hold and grab your phone. meet me in the airport lounge. you should get it about 15-20 minutes earlier than the rest of the country. score!

17. SouthsideJohnny macrumors regular

Not only am I not one of those, I'm not even going to order a 5 until mid November, when my upgrade window rolls around. Sorry about using the 'w' word.

18. mcdj thread starter macrumors 604

mcdj

so pointless you couldn't resist being a part of it. touching.

19. GoreVidal macrumors 6502a

GoreVidal

No, you are people with nothing better to do with your time, and that makes me sad to live on this planet.

I spent the weekend with my new fiancee at the bay, enjoying the water and playing Scrabble. Then I came home, spent 5 minutes on the phone with AT&T to order my iPhone 5 on a newly acquired line. Then made dinner and had a glass of scotch. Why? Because, like the OP, I have a life. I only spend any time on MR while I am waiting for my edits to render or moving huge amounts of data that I need to monitor.

20. F123D macrumors 68040

F123D

I thought this was funny. Losers with no life go post in the other threads but all the cool people with lives, post in this one.

21. mcdj thread starter macrumors 604

mcdj

It's all about ratio. About 5000 tracking threads to this one anti-tracking thread, give or take a few hundred.

22. penajmz macrumors 68030

penajmz

I have no life and I love it. ;)

*Plane JUST landed*

:D

What's really sad is for you to sit down on your computer and tell people what they should do with their lives based on what you do with yours. Get another life.

23. mcdj thread starter macrumors 604

mcdj

congrats on knowing what you already knew; your phone will be here when they said it would. amazing how technology works.

how much do you want to bet we can land a man on the moon before 1970?

----------

where did I tell anyone what to do with their lives? you were the one who wandered into a thread clearly not intended for your participation, and now you're up in arms?

24. penajmz macrumors 68030

penajmz

Oh excuse my ignorance. I didn't know that "having no life" was a compliment. So sorry.

25. ajones46 macrumors 6502

This is a fun filled bashfest thread. I thoroughly enjoyed reading this. I giggled a few times. Im a little of both I spose. I'm anxious for my new iPhone 5, my current 4 has been limping for a while with a faulty home button and mute switch that randomly vibrates, but I can take a step back realize again, it's just a phone.