Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kanesw

macrumors regular
Dec 29, 2011
Nottingham

You don't feel the need to hack the FedEx/UPS servers to get updates every .00025 seconds, or hire a private investigator to find what pallet your phone is sitting on, or break into a dockside warehouse, or network your entire town's computers into a materialistic SETI at Home for iPhone tracking.

That was genius. Applause.

Ayemerica

macrumors 65816
Oct 18, 2011
Atlantis but in space
Since there are about 1000 threads for every miniscule insane detail about where people's phones are at a given moment and what the FedEx man had for breakfast, I think some equal air time is in order.

Is this you?

You preordered your iPhone, and your order said it would ship for 9/21, and that's good enough for you.

You don't feel the need to hack the FedEx/UPS servers to get updates every .00025 seconds, or hire a private investigator to find what pallet your phone is sitting on, or break into a dockside warehouse, or network your entire town's computers into a materialistic SETI at Home for iPhone tracking.

You realize that even if you had all this ridiculously granular obsessive information, it DOESN'T CHANGE WHEN YOUR PHONE ARRIVES.

You have friends/boyfriends/girlfriends and a job, which require you to act like a normal human, not a living package delivery widget. You have bathed and breathed fresh air every day since the preorder. You've been eating proper meals.

You have a life. Join us in this thread.

I'm sure there won't be any wackotrackos posting here, because they're too busy juggling 17 tracking windows on their screen, while calling Apple/AT&T/Verizon/FedEx/UPS simultaneously on 5 different phones.

But if you think you MIGHT be a wackotracko, feel free to post here and we will talk you down. Repeat after me...

It's just a phone.

It will be here when it gets here. No amount of stalky wackotracking I do will change that and I'm silly for thinking otherwise.

This is not Christmas. I am not five years old.

Even if it doesn't get here at the exact nanosecond I want it to, everything will be ok. And when it does get here, I won't suffer tracking withdrawals because I am a sane person.

you are just as insane that it bothers you what other people care about..:rolleyes:

cmChimera

macrumors 601
Feb 12, 2010
Since there are about 1000 threads for every miniscule insane detail about where people's phones are at a given moment and what the FedEx man had for breakfast, I think some equal air time is in order.

Is this you?

You preordered your iPhone, and your order said it would ship for 9/21, and that's good enough for you.

You realize that even if you had all this ridiculously granular obsessive information, it DOESN'T CHANGE WHEN YOUR PHONE ARRIVES.

You have friends/boyfriends/girlfriends and a job, which require you to act like a normal human, not a living package delivery widget. You have bathed and breathed fresh air every day since the preorder. You've been eating proper meals.

You have a life. Join us in this thread.

I'm sure there won't be any wackotrackos posting here, because they're too busy juggling 17 tracking windows on their screen, while calling Apple/AT&T/Verizon/FedEx/UPS simultaneously on 5 different phones.

But if you think you MIGHT be a wackotracko, feel free to post here and we will talk you down. Repeat after me...

It's just a phone.

It will be here when it gets here. No amount of stalky wackotracking I do will change that and I'm silly for thinking otherwise.

This is not Christmas. I am not five years old.

Even if it doesn't get here at the exact nanosecond I want it to, everything will be ok. And when it does get here, I won't suffer tracking withdrawals because I am a sane person.
What a pretentious thread. You're not obsessively tracking your phone, you're just obsessively being obnoxious. Good work.

mcdj

macrumors G3
Original poster
Jul 10, 2007
NYC
What a pretentious thread. You're not obsessively tracking your phone, your just obsessively being obnoxious. Good work.

Oh this is most definitely a pretentious thread. No doubt. The pretense being of course that normal humans don't engage in this tracking behavior. Obnoxious? Hmm. In my book, hijacking an entire forum for 3 days to post hundreds of useless tracking numbers is far more obnoxious.

Codepiink

macrumors regular
Jun 24, 2010
Westchester County, NY
I felt compelled to post a comment, but will be probably met with some smart remark. I agreed with your initial post, but after reading about how you said people had "no life" for continuously checking their shipping status, I couldn't help but notice that you have made similar comments on numerous other threads. What's to be said about you, a person who trolls around on the forum all day to provide negative feedback on other people vs. those who are excited and looking forward to receiving an item that they spent money on to make sure it gets to them ok. I must say that I am not one of those people, but I enjoy coming on here just to watch every one else's excitement. And I can relate on some level to these people because I actually check the status of anything I order online, regardless of the type of item, at least once a day. But being that I KNOW that my iPhone 5 will be delivered on Friday and hasn't even been en route to me, I need not check the status of it. So what really is the point of this thread? To bash others and to voice your opinion that you have already made very clear on other threads with your creative, made-up adjectives? Do YOU have a life?! And just to put it out there, I could really care less, I just felt a little annoyed with your incessant, apparent frustration.

ScubaCinci

macrumors 68000
Jul 11, 2008
OH
The delivery date is good enough for me. I'm not as jacked about this launch for some reason. I guess I feel like it's only a marginal upgrade from my IP4 so nothing to get all excited about. If I was coming off of something prior to the 4 I would be looking forward to it more.

cmChimera

macrumors 601
Feb 12, 2010
Oh this is most definitely a pretentious thread. No doubt. The pretense being of course that normal humans don't engage in this tracking behavior. Obnoxious? Hmm. In my book, hijacking an entire forum for 3 days to post hundreds of useless tracking numbers is far more obnoxious.

Hijacking a forum in a thread? Get over it. You're on an Apple product forum complaining that people are TOO excited about an Apple product. Making a thread to make yourself seem less of a geek is pretty silly considering that you spend as much time bashing the thread as they do tracking their phones. Where's that supposed "life" of yours? You just look like a hypocrite and whiner. Grow up.

Ayemerica

macrumors 65816
Oct 18, 2011
Atlantis but in space

Breaking news: People on a Apple website love apple Products..who'da thunk dat?

leenak

macrumors 68020
Mar 10, 2011
The only thread I really giggled about was the one where someone made a new thread to say that the plane with their iphone had taken off... :)

I have no idea where my iphone is, I'm just hoping Verizon charges me soon so I know its on its way.

Goldielocks19

macrumors member
Jan 27, 2009
NY
It's just a phone...how dare you lol
Funny thing im such an apple fangirl I can't tell you how many times my friends, family said that to me. BUT with that said as I stalk the boards, i c there r people much crazier than me... How will you open the box, tracking flights, what were you wearing when you ordered, steve jobs citing..
I'm starting to feel sane lol

mcdj

macrumors G3
Original poster
Jul 10, 2007
NYC
Hijacking a forum in a thread? Get over it. You're on an Apple product forum complaining that people are TOO excited about an Apple product. Making a thread to make yourself seem less of a geek is pretty silly considering that you spend as much time bashing the thread as they do tracking their phones. Where's that supposed "life" of yours? You just look like a hypocrite and whiner. Grow up.

I come here to read and discuss all things iPhone, not all things iPhone tracking. But that's the only thing happening here all week. If feeling like board has been overrun makes me a hypocrite, so be it. Judging by the upvotes, I am not alone.

If you took a general cooking class and bunch of Medieval enthusiasts came in and bombarded the class with questions about how to prepare Medieval food and ONLY medieval food, would you not be a little annoyed?

I love how people came to the thread entitled THE NO WACKOTRACKO THREAD, just to defend wackotrackos. Aren't the 100 other tracking threads enough for you? I guess if a ship date isn't enough for you, 100 threads won't be enough either.

MuddyPaws1

macrumors 6502
Jul 14, 2012

Sorry, you are in the wrong place.

leenak

macrumors 68020
Mar 10, 2011
It's just a phone...how dare you lol
Funny thing im such an apple fangirl I can't tell you how many times my friends, family said that to me. BUT with that said as I stalk the boards, i c there r people much crazier than me... How will you open the box, tracking flights, what were you wearing when you ordered, steve jobs citing..
I'm starting to feel sane lol

I'm starting to wonder if I should buy some special lingerie to open my iphone package.

Ayemerica

macrumors 65816
Oct 18, 2011
Atlantis but in space
I come here to read and discuss all things iPhone, not all things iPhone tracking. But that's the only thing happening here all week. If feeling like board has been overrun makes me a hypocrite, so be it. Judging by the upvotes, I am not alone.

If you took a general cooking class and bunch of Medieval enthusiasts came in and bombarded the class with questions about how to prepare Medieval food and ONLY medieval food, would you not be a little annoyed?

I love how people came to the thread entitled THE NO WACKOTRACKO THREAD, just to defend wackotrackos. Aren't the 100 other tracking threads enough for you? I guess if a ship date isn't enough for you, 100 threads won't be enough either.

Yes, 9 up votes accounts for the entire population of MR. You have earned the right to be call the supreme leader of these parts...i bend my cap to your stead fast leadership and strong convictions.

Tubamajuba

macrumors 68020
Jun 8, 2011
here
I felt compelled to post a comment, but will be probably met with some smart remark. I agreed with your initial post, but after reading about how you said people had "no life" for continuously checking their shipping status, I couldn't help but notice that you have made similar comments on numerous other threads. What's to be said about you, a person who trolls around on the forum all day to provide negative feedback on other people vs. those who are excited and looking forward to receiving an item that they spent money on to make sure it gets to them ok. I must say that I am not one of those people, but I enjoy coming on here just to watch every one else's excitement. And I can relate on some level to these people because I actually check the status of anything I order online, regardless of the type of item, at least once a day. But being that I KNOW that my iPhone 5 will be delivered on Friday and hasn't even been en route to me, I need not check the status of it. So what really is the point of this thread? To bash others and to voice your opinion that you have already made very clear on other threads with your creative, made-up adjectives? Do YOU have a life?! And just to put it out there, I could really care less, I just felt a little annoyed with your incessant, apparent frustration.

Very well said.

I spent thirty seconds entering my phone number into the UPS website. Not a big deal at all, I was just curious. I feel like this guy has spent at least thirty *minutes* (probably upwards of an hour) harassing people who chose to do the same. No room to talk, I would assume?

I mean really, in the grand scheme of things, we have: Bonaparte, Hitler, Stalin, the black plague, the potato famine, etc. But worst of all...

...the most horrific thing to hit humanity since its inception...

PEOPLE WHO ENTER TRACKING NUMBERS INTO WEBSITES!

Seriously, I can't make up a more bizarre fixation than that.

leenak

macrumors 68020
Mar 10, 2011
I've been lurking longer than I've been a member but I've seen this with every release. People have a little bit of crazy in them, only discuss every minute detail although I've never seen the 'what clothes will you be wearing' or 'how will you open your box' before but hey, there is always a first :)

cmChimera

macrumors 601
Feb 12, 2010

You didn't come to discuss tracking, so you made a thread just to discuss people tracking their phones. Did you even bother thinking this through? Not only do you look like a hypocrite, not only is this thread pretentious, but it defeats the only point you want to make. How much fail can one thread have?

dccorona

macrumors 68020
Jun 12, 2008
I too find it to be a useless exercise, but if that's what makes those people happy...more power to them. They seem to be enjoying themselves, and you're not forced to read their threads, so who really cares.

leenak

macrumors 68020
Mar 10, 2011
How about we discuss how many different versions of Lightning cable we will see.

So far there is:
Lightening cable
Lighting cable

What else?

I'm starting to think they needed a different name.

armyxrays

macrumors member
Sep 15, 2012
Fresno, CA
How about we discuss how many different versions of Lightning cable we will see.

So far there is:
Lightening cable
Lighting cable

What else?

I'm starting to think they needed a different name.

Mine is coming with a liteneeng cable.

And both sides of this discussion are silly. Here we are, all of us on our computers reading a forum entitled "MacRumors". How is that having a life for any of us? We're all typing and reading on this little slice of the web.

I'm an Apple nerd. Who cares? All of us here are.

BlueKhufu

macrumors regular
Nov 27, 2010

Well said.

penajmz

macrumors 68040
Sep 11, 2008
New York City
"mcdj
macrumors 601
Send Message User Lists
Last Activity: Today 08:24 PM
Current Activity: Viewing Thread The I'm Not a Wacktracko Thread!"

We know you are here why don't you comment now? LOL

----------

BTW, flight with MY iPhone on it is about to depart! :D

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
so pointless you couldn't resist being a part of it. touching.

Are you the same guy that tells everybody how pointless other threads are? It's almost ironic. This thread is probably just as silly as all the others. I think those people are crazy. I also happen to think that if they want to be excited about something who cares, I'll still mock them anyway. :p

mcdj

macrumors G3
Original poster
Jul 10, 2007
NYC
I mean really, in the grand scheme of things, we have: Bonaparte, Hitler, Stalin, the black plague, the potato famine, etc. But worst of all...

...the most horrific thing to hit humanity since its inception...

PEOPLE WHO ENTER TRACKING NUMBERS INTO WEBSITES!

You do realize that you are hardly the first to employ this tired and utterly ineffective tactic of comparing extremes. By your account, someone who burns your house down is closer to someone who tracks iPhones, since they're not Hitler, etc.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.