The I'm returning my iPhone 4 & Moving On With Life Thread.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Stiss, Jul 16, 2010.

1. Stiss macrumors 6502a

I've made this so we don't see millions of threads were are responded with Cool Story Bro about how people are now taking there phones back to Apple.

I personally am not taking my phone back. I love it and I'm more than happy with Apple's solution. I bought a bumper on launch and do not want my money back for it.

Why am I making this thread you may ask?

Because I'm sick of seeing multiple threads on the same topic.

So, this is to the people who are taking there phone back;

Good, get on with it. People, including myself have said multiple times, in multiple threads over the last 3 weeks to take it back and move on with life, after all it's only a phone.

So if you are one of those, this is the thread to post in when you come and tell your story on how you took your phone back, you were offered a free case to keep it but opted for a refund because it made you feel good.
    :apple:

2. BrendonHuff macrumors newbie

I am also returning. Pretty pathetic to keep a phone that don't work just to try to fit in and impress people like most fanboys do.

3. Stiss thread starter macrumors 6502a

See you have not even read my post. I quite clearly say I am NOT returning my phone.

That's whats up with this place, people are to caught up in this rage because they are upset over dropping calls (understandable but it's not happened to me) and are now upset over the bars being displayed differently that they fail to see the bigger picture.

Return your phones guys and then let us all post in peace free from the idiocy which has shook this place over the last 22 days.

4. Domino8282 macrumors 6502a

Domino8282

ROFL funniest thing I've read here in awhile...

"I made this thread for whiners to vent about returning their phones. I love mine."

"Ya i'm returning too yo!@"

5. Stiss thread starter macrumors 6502a

I know this place makes me laugh sometimes. That was one of those moments.

Obviously saw the title and was just over joyed to post that he's returning his!

At least there will be more refurbs around for exchanges now :D

6. ultravioletfly macrumors regular

I'm gonna call it now. A lot of trolls will post here about "returning" their iPhone 4, which they never had in the first place. Lots of posters who have joined in Jun/Jul 2010.

7. Stiss thread starter macrumors 6502a

Mods!

Can we have this stickied please as this is the Official thread.

8. fishmoose macrumors 68000

I suspect most people posting about issues with the antenna are trolls.

9. toxictrix macrumors 6502a

You are doing just as much cluttering as everyone else. Just instead of "Look I returned my iPhone!!" its, "Look I'm not returning my iPhone!!"

My God. Just let it be.

10. zizo79 macrumors 6502a

zizo79

Some people are unhappy and maybe look at the conference from a different view than a apple fanboy one sided view.
    It is like you buy a gallon of bad milk and the manufacturer gives you a 10% back on your purchase. We know that the iPhone 4 has problems but we will bypass that for now because only 1% of people called applecare ???
    Jobs was arrogant and frustrated at the same time. Let's give them a dumb looking case until September 30th.

11. Stiss thread starter macrumors 6502a

Actually. This threads purpose is to stop multiple threads.

Now stop cluttering my thread :p.

12. Givmeabrek macrumors 68030

Givmeabrek

Yes! Make this the official whiners, moaners, complaining and finally, returning thread. Let it all hang out. Enjoy! And then move on.............:mad:

13. Bluehinder macrumors member

Just got off the phone with Apple, I'm returning mine.

14. j.dstasio macrumors 6502

j.dstasio

I have 2 IP4s that will be returned over the weekend.

They both drop calls and lose ALL signal when touched without a case. While I think it is great for Apple to give refunds for previously purchased bumpers and free cases until Sept. 30th, One big factor for me when I camped out 16+ hours & paid an unsubsidized price for my phone (other was eligible for full upgrade) was the looks of it. I love the steel band & the glass back. I never intended to cover that up with a bumper or a case.

That said, Both of our phones are not at all what I would consider usable. Between the antenna & the proximity sensor (far worse issue IMO). I will be returning them and going back to the 3GS'.

I love my iP4, but ultimately it's a phone & it has to function as such. I'm very saddened by no real fix being available. I LOVE the battery life on this generation. The speed and display are both incredible, hopefully there will be a real fix available in September.

15. pugnut macrumors 6502a

DO us a favor and post your receipt showing your return. I doubt you and others that claim they are returning them or for that matter don't even have one.

16. zizo79 macrumors 6502a

zizo79

I hope SJ comes back in a week from now and look at the return rates...

17. fishmoose macrumors 68000

They are fixing the proximity sensor with the next firmware.

18. ehoez macrumors member

im returning mine... am i a troll too?

19. Dsr1205 macrumors 6502

IDK if I'm returning my iPhone 4 but because of this snarky confusing thread, i will be sure to post regarding my decision. I'm sure my decision will get on the evening news and all.

20. darngooddesign macrumors G3

I returned mine and am using my 3GS yet I feel absolutely no need to prove it to you.

21. zizo79 macrumors 6502a

zizo79

I just got my return label from AT&T Premier...it is going back when I get a SIM card for my wife's old 3G. I cannot believe that they worked their butts off to give us a freaking bumper.

22. bluenoise macrumors 6502a

Is it all right with you if I keep mine? It has only dropped a call once* in over 8.5 hours of call time so far. So, may I please have my "fanboy" card, now? I want to make sure I can impress people.

* Every phone I've had in the past eight years of driving through that area has dropped calls. In fact, my iPhone 4 is handling it better than past phones.

It sucks for the people who are affected by this. I feel sorry for those who are forced to decide if the other features outweigh the signal issues for them because we all bought these phones with the expectation they'll work as advertised. For the majority of buyers, it's been fine. For many, it has not, so I am in no way blaming those people for their frustration or disappointment. I, too, would be bummed if my best option was to abandon the iPhone and go to another platform. However, that does not make the unaffected "fanboys;" It just makes us lucky to live in areas with strong coverage, I suppose.

23. Loiterer macrumors member

See, now this is a reasonable attitude. I salute you. Because it's just not as simple as "just return it." If I return my phone, I'll lose access to the apps and movies I paid for, so the best-case scenario for me is that Apple fixes the underlying problem (I also prefer not to use a case). In my apartment, if even one finger of my right hand drapes across the antenna seam, my call drops. It's driving me crazy, but I spent a lot of money in iTunes, and if they're going to lock us into that platform, it's not unreasonable to expect a phone that works as it's supposed to.

Also, FWIW, I don't consider the unaffected "fanboys." In fact, for anyone whose phone works fine, more power to him/her, it's a great phone when it works. I would be happy with it too. But the fanboy line is frequently crossed when someone proclaims some variation of "Mine works fine so you're all trolls making things up because you love complaining." I mean, I hold it the way I've held every phone I've owned and it drops calls. It's incredibly frustrating, and NOT a frivolous concern.

24. panzer06 macrumors 68030

panzer06

I don't know about you but many of the angry folks here can't let it go. It's over, they have to go back to 3GS or another brand if they aren't willing to use a cover/case/bumper. Regardless of how frustrating it is can you agree that since no other solution is forthcoming you have no choice but to cover it or return it? Doesn't mean you have to enjoy either option, just accept the reality of the situation.

Cheers,

25. Loiterer macrumors member

I don't know if I would agree with that...if it wasn't for the complaining up until now, we wouldn't even have the free bumper option at all. Imagine what would have happened if everyone was silent two weeks ago because they had consigned themselves to the reality of the situation - probably nothing. The squeaky wheel gets the grease.

But at this point perhaps you are correct and nothing futher can be expected.