The iPad has so many issues, it's the least liked iPad ever!!!

Discussion in 'iPad' started by MovieCutter, Apr 2, 2012.

1. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

do you feel special and proud of your consumer electronics device now?

2. MovieCutter thread starter macrumors 68040

MovieCutter

I don't give a crap. I just find it funny how the forum is littered with bitching and moaning about how crappy the new iPad is based on threads with problems...

3. EdMan macrumors 6502

EdMan

I think the Consumer Report rating is especially enlightening. It seems many here are comparing the screen to the iPad 2 in terms of color and the thought of it being calibrated differently isn't considered. It's must be defective!

4. stockcerts macrumors 65816

I love my iPad 3. There will always be people that are unhappy and looking for an excuse to complain.

5. VidPro macrumors 6502a

VidPro

I look at it that people spent quite a bit for their device and want to be happy with their purchase yet they are having a difficult time doing so.

6. MovieCutter, Apr 2, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2012

MovieCutter thread starter macrumors 68040

MovieCutter

Look at it that way. I'm not grumpy about people with legitimate issues, it's the blanket statements people make because THEIR iPad isn't up to their standards.

That and I'm waiting on a render and a client script and have nothing better to do at the moment than stir the pot...because it's fun.

7. VidPro macrumors 6502a

VidPro

Most of what I read here (I don't read it all) sounds like people who are frustrated. I went through this with the 2 so I have sympathy for those who just want to be happy with their purchase. I got the same treatment when I had my problems with the 2 and it pissed me off. Don't be surprised when someone brings up a potential issue and they called OCD that they become angry.

8. noteple macrumors 65816

noteple

I guess money can't buy happiness.

9. VidPro macrumors 6502a

VidPro

You should have said so. :D

Render? 3D or movie render?

10. creativedogmedia macrumors 65816

creativedogmedia

11. VidPro macrumors 6502a

VidPro

It's called closing your eyes. ;)

12. whtrbt7 macrumors 6502a

I switch iPads every year so it's pretty much disposable. If I lose or crack mine, I'll just replace it. Some people will probably keep theirs for 2-3 years depending on what their upgrade cycle is.

13. striker33 macrumors 65816

striker33

14. MovieCutter thread starter macrumors 68040

MovieCutter

Sure it does, and it's me and a majority of iPad owners who seem to not have any problems. My point is Consumer Reports and Changewave have evidence that people are overwhelmingly happy with their iPads and that it isn't the most defective product Apple has ever shipped...unlike the impression you get from this forum. But ya know, to each their own. :cool:

----------

Cinema4D model in AE render...15 second camera move with flares and gaussian blur filtering...so it's gonna be a while

15. whtrbt7 macrumors 6502a

Forums are a double-edged sword. It's a refuge for intellectual debris and also a great place to hash out opinions. The problem with it is that it normally skews the view of the experience towards the negatives because people look for help on these forums. As said before, there is going to be intellectual debris because some people either don't have the right information or don't know what they are talking about a lot of times. I like the downranking of posts in this forum though and think it's valuable to discern what's important and not important.

16. SamFisher macrumors member

Upgraded from iPad 1, first device, no problems at all... It's blown out of proportion. Not every device is defective.

17. dmccloud macrumors 6502a

dmccloud

How are either of the OPs links "ignorant"? It sounds like you're one of the people claiming there's widespread problems with the iPad 3 just because you have had an issue or two with yours.

18. DryEyez macrumors 6502

19. striker33 macrumors 65816

striker33

Nope. I'm not a massive tool, so I would never claim such a thing.

I'm one of those normal people who accepts that their product has a fault, and then proceeds to rectify it, without claiming everyone's is broken.

The OP's comments suggest that he thinks everyone with a faulty iPad is being rediculous and should accept a sub standard expensive product instead of being "OCD".

Its also not the first pointless thread to be started by someone having a go at the people reporting problems and telling them to stop crying, when in fact, the OP is crying about the people complaining in the first place.

And the cycle continues.

20. mlmwalt macrumors 6502a

The VZ iPad I traded in was perfect, and so it the Wifi iPad that I received. Then again, I live in a pretty affluent area so maybe the "perfect" models were sent here. :p

21. taipan61 macrumors 6502

i like my new "new" ipad and haven't found any of the issues (or choose to live with the minor imperfections, they're not life changers)

i just come here to break up the monotony of my workday (and to laugh...:D)

22. tanboom macrumors member

23. NTeggerdine macrumors member

When ever a new updated device comes out there are a lot of people who bitch and complain about "how crappy" the new device is. When ever something new comes out there are bugs to work out. I along with millions of others have not had one issue with out new iPad 3. I'm starting to think those who can't find a way to get a new iPad or can't afford one are the ones getting off by posting these threads about how crappy this device is that they do not own. I love ,y iPad 3 it's way better than my iPad 1 and my iPad 2!!!

24. G77 macrumors regular

Yeah its least liked iPad with 98% customer satisfaction. Talk about virtual reality of tech forums...